| Hopedale Hustler |
08-03-2011 01:18 PM |
Quote:
Originally Posted by "W"
(Post 299198)
Lake P fisherman...keep what ever hits the deck
|
To bad I'm not a lake p fisherman except in February...duhh!!! I like to catch them 5 pounders
in front of Dumas under the causeway and throw them up on the bridge in traffic...dudes jaw drops..
And I've never caught over 6 lbs in lake p
|
Lmao....chink caught 10 trout that weighed 100lbs.. On Dumass hole
|
| cmdrost |
08-03-2011 01:30 PM |
Quote:
Originally Posted by "W"
(Post 299005)
I let go 90% of my trout over 4lbs go...unless its really hooked bad or hurt.....I like 12inch keepers....
|
Agree with this! I do the same.
Only one goin on my wall will be a replica of a 9 + That or a good picture is all I really need. She's lived a good life, No reason for her to die by my hands.
|
My next will have to be a 9 or above....but sorry Drost...ain't going to be no replica!!!
|
| SaltERedneck |
08-03-2011 01:55 PM |
No replica here either.
|
| Hopedale Hustler |
08-03-2011 01:57 PM |
Are salty and chink brothers or father son..?
|
| cmdrost |
08-03-2011 02:19 PM |
Quote:
Originally Posted by "W"
(Post 299232)
My next will have to be a 9 or above....but sorry Drost...ain't going to be no replica!!!
|
fine by me. To each their own.
|
| Spunt Drag |
08-03-2011 02:48 PM |
Biologist say there is no scientific conservation justification for lowering the limit on BL or setting the limit on trout longer than 26". So if its landed in my boat its life is over.
|
| fishmaster911 |
08-03-2011 02:49 PM |
5+ it lives on ! Just waiting on the one 7-8 to put on the wall !
|
| SaltERedneck |
08-03-2011 03:17 PM |
I like my filets thin and small... soo between 4-7 lbs is going back in the water. Bass are the same way.
|
| Mediumheavyaction6'6 |
08-03-2011 05:20 PM |
I let um all go so the pilgrims and you murderers have something to eat
|
| Will"E"Fish |
08-03-2011 05:22 PM |
Well you fish with me so I guess you know 4 are better we try to released; unless there hooked to deep.
|
| booyagasha |
08-03-2011 05:26 PM |
Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine
(Post 299140)
Not sayin that you guys dont have your reasons. Its just that for a little while there it was startin to sound like there was something wrong with the people who didnt throw them back. I dont get to go often, so as long as its legal its usually coming back with me. I go to put fish in the freezer.
|
dang right, with the cost of gas right now, gotta get my money's worth...i guess it would be different if i went 3-4 days a week
|
| Fishn4Fun |
08-03-2011 05:36 PM |
Never caught any trout over 4, but would release them all, after a pic unless hurt bad.
|
| Kenner18 |
08-03-2011 05:41 PM |
I usually keep all of them because I fish alone alot . If I had someone to take my pic with a big one I would probably let it go . But then again my biggest was just a little over 5.
|
| speckulator |
08-03-2011 05:48 PM |
hardly ever keep fish over 3lbs to many small ones salt or fresh water
|
| Micah |
08-03-2011 05:51 PM |
Quote:
Originally Posted by speckulator
(Post 299369)
hardly ever keep fish over 3lbs to many small ones salt or fresh water
|
Possum?
|
| catch_and_release |
08-03-2011 06:00 PM |
I throw all fish I catch back. I like eating them, but I like catching them more. So I let them all go back to fight another day, no matter the size.
|
| Salty |
08-03-2011 06:08 PM |
I piled up a bunch of trout mounts a year or so ago and burned 'em. Once the new wears off....there ain't much to 'em. The memories are priceless.
|
| Big Kahunaz |
08-03-2011 06:45 PM |
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty
(Post 299378)
I piled up a bunch of trout mounts a year or so ago and burned 'em. Once the new wears off....there ain't much to 'em. The memories are priceless.
|
I let em go over 4.5lbs or so...less she's too stressed or hooked deep. I'm not gonna mount anything under 8.8lbs....gonna set up a fishing game room/man cave w/ mounts of all saltwater species (most replicas). Want a setup something like this w/ the fighting chair as my night capper! Gonna make it a fish memorial! :smokin:
Attachment 23021
|
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM. |
|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted