SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Conservation Season (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57892)

Shawn Braquet 01-06-2015 02:58 PM

I just got out of a meeting saying that I will be working a shutdown from Jan 28-February 12th so that obviously effects my dates. I'm looking at the weekend of the 13th-15th or 20th-22nd. I'm still waiting on available dates through Northen Skies Here are the dates available through Migrator Valley Outfitters:
South East Mo
FEB 6-7 4 PEOPLE
FEB 4-5 1 FULL GROUP
FEB 8-11 1 FULL GROUP
13-15 1 FULL GROUP
16-22 1 FULL GROUP

NW MISSOURI
FEB 26-MAR 5TH 1 GROUP

I make oil 01-06-2015 04:35 PM

I'm out then. I'm like you guys work comes first. Good luck to anyone who gets to go. I know this will be a great time.

Shawn Braquet 01-06-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I make oil (Post 735608)
I'm out then. I'm like you guys work comes first. Good luck to anyone who gets to go. I know this will be a great time.

If you make that FEB 6-7 hunt he can mix your group in with the other group...just throwing that out there if you were trying to make a hunt.

I make oil 01-06-2015 06:26 PM

I can do that but I'll have to hustle home that night to catch my flight out on the 8th. When do yall think will be best days for the Salty Cajun Group to go?

meaux fishing 01-06-2015 06:52 PM

I definitely cant do the 13-15th, possibly the next weekend

Shawn Braquet 01-06-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 735621)
I definitely cant do the 13-15th, possibly the next weekend

Weekend of the 21st works for me better as far as vacation. May be me +3. Waiting to hear from the others. They'll hunt 8 out of a field. 6 or more gets you your own field.

Shawn Braquet 01-07-2015 07:13 AM

Boy if this page doesn't get your tadpole moving I don't know what will. http://migratorvalleyoutfitters.com/our-videos.html I spoke with Shane at Migrator Valley last night for about an hour. Before I told him the dates that I wanted he said that he considers the most consistent hunting to be from the middle of February until March for Missouri. Sounds like a level headed honest guy who shares our passion for killing birds.

ckinchen 01-07-2015 08:05 AM

I can do the 6th, 13th or 27th of feb. Mason has a big tournament on the 20th.

ckinchen 01-07-2015 08:05 AM

I can do a weekday trip as well.

Shawn Braquet 01-07-2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I make oil (Post 735619)
I can do that but I'll have to hustle home that night to catch my flight out on the 8th. When do yall think will be best days for the Salty Cajun Group to go?

Here is what Northern Skies responded back with:
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]We could do January 28,29,30 in AR or March 10,11,12 or 13 in MO. If you end up with a smaller group there would be a few more options . The only weekend I have for a group of 6 or more would be March 21,22,23 in SD.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Shawn Braquet 01-07-2015 11:25 AM

My guys can only do weekend trips hence the 14th and 21st weekends. I'm waiting to hear back from them now. Casey, you still looking at you +1 if we went weekend of the 14th? Meaux any word if you'd be down for the 21st? Basically I'll book whichever weekend I can manage 6 people so we get a field to ourselves.

Nickt87 01-07-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 735663)
Boy if this page doesn't get your tadpole moving I don't know what will. http://migratorvalleyoutfitters.com/our-videos.html I spoke with Shane at Migrator Valley last night for about an hour. Before I told him the dates that I wanted he said that he considers the most consistent hunting to be from the middle of February until March for Missouri. Sounds like a level headed honest guy who shares our passion for killing birds.

Shane is the Lead man for that outfit. He does the majority of the scouting and organizing. He will do his best to put you on the birds. We hunted with MVO last year and had Bruce as our guide. Good outfit to hunt with overall.

ckinchen 01-07-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 735704)
My guys can only do weekend trips hence the 14th and 21st weekends. I'm waiting to hear back from them now. Casey, you still looking at you +1 if we went weekend of the 14th? Meaux any word if you'd be down for the 21st? Basically I'll book whichever weekend I can manage 6 people so we get a field to ourselves.

I can do just me or I can bring my oldest son if we need another person. He would love it and can shoot for an almost 12 year old.

Shawn Braquet 01-07-2015 07:41 PM

So it looks like 3 on my end for the dates of the 20th-23rd. Sorry Casey.

ckinchen 01-07-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 735761)
So it looks like 3 on my end for the dates of the 20th-23rd. Sorry Casey.

No problem man, I have to be there for Mason, first tourney of the new season.

I hope you guys smoke them and I wish I could be there.

Shawn Braquet 01-08-2015 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 735779)
No problem man, I have to be there for Mason, first tourney of the new season.

I hope you guys smoke them and I wish I could be there.

That a baseball tourney already?

swamp snorkler 01-08-2015 07:49 AM

Baseball is 10 mths out the year now.

Our first tournament is the second weekend in March.

ckinchen 01-08-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 735791)
That a baseball tourney already?

Yes first tourney is on feb 20th practice starts this week.

meaux fishing 01-08-2015 10:40 PM

I'm not gonna make it Shawn.

Bdub 01-08-2015 11:01 PM

Yall need to go here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2THVxTJWaQ&sns=fb

I thought about doing a conservation hunt for my bachelor party but wasn't sure because I've heard how hit or miss it is. Anyone got a lead on an Arkansas hunt for a group of 5 between feb and mar? Pm if possible.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted