SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Those 1 day trips 2hr drive..... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59899)

jl8200 05-21-2015 07:40 PM

I think its awesome to be so passionate about something. I don't think I'm wired that way. I tend to like a lot of things but not really love any one thing. I have to many interests I guess. Also I just admire the work ethic(for lack of a better term) that people have to persue their hobbies/interests

Elbert Chamblee 05-22-2015 12:21 PM

Those 1 day trips 2hr drive.....
 
Make those 2 hr. drives to fish when you are young. It gets harder for me as I get older. I fished bass tourneys for years and leave at 3:30 or 4 am and fish till 4pm. After weigh in load up and go home. The worst 2 trips I had in the past was a blowout on the boat trailer on the way home. I was pulled up in a spot just south of Jasper and laying up under trailer putting jack under axle and I hear a growl.....look out and a big Doberman was eyeing me in his territory. All I can say is the Doberman realized I was a dog owner and I was not used as a chew toy. Don't do night tournaments anymore.

irokcj5 05-22-2015 07:52 PM

I don't get to fish near as much as I would like. Last fall was the last time I fished golden meadow. I woke at 3am, loaded 3 kayaks (Jackson big tuna on top of truck cab and two in the bed. Left New Iberia at 4am, drove to Galliano launched and paddling by 630, fished till noon, loaded all up again headed to leeville re-launched and fished hard till sundown (7pm or so). Loaded up and drove back to NI. After paddling and fishing all day on the very warm day, only one redfish and one trout to show, that was a tough trip back home. My body was aching all over, I think I may have had a bit of heat stress. I think I was in pretty bad shape until we stopped in Galliano and got a cold drink and something to eat. On the trip home, I was seriously thinking of giving up on kayak fishing....till I woke up the next morning and remembered that one nice red I caught. But seriously, my fat 51 year old body can't hardly take an 18-19 hour day anymore. But, I'm planning on doing it again next saturday!!! :) HERE'S TO TIGHT LINES FELLAS!!!!

BayBolt23 05-23-2015 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 755305)
Running long?

Terrebonne Bay hitting structure

jpeff31787 05-26-2015 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawl79 (Post 755365)
No camp and live in St. Landry parish. Every trip is 1:15 + drive, some up to 1:45 minutes.

Would be great to have a camp but for time being we wake up early. Fish hard and long if we have to. It's too much gas not to stay all day if we need to get the ice chest full. Most time we are cleaning fish late into the evening....

We only make one trip a weekend, it's just too much to do that both days.
We try to make our trips count..

I felt your pain my entire life... Moved to Carencro and its not much better, but it makes a difference. I did move further away from my northern bass lakes that I miss the shorter drive to though.

BArmand 05-26-2015 01:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I moved to Houston and will travel for good forecast.

Last week I kept getting pics from my padnas hammering trout so I jumped in my truck and headed 6 hours to Cocodrie for a few days. A man can only look at so many pictures before he has to go make his own.

mr crab 05-26-2015 02:17 PM

Gbay is right there close. Matty too

Goooh 05-26-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr crab (Post 756093)
Gbay is right there close. Matty too


I know people that make that 6 hr drive too, trout populations must really suck in big TX

eman 05-26-2015 04:35 PM

Last Red eye trip i made to G.I. by myself i left br at 230 am was fishing at day break Surf fished till 4 pm . cleaned fish and started home. Made it to hwy 308 and guess i fell asleep. Woke up hours later and everything was green. God was watching over me and i ran off the road to the right in an area where the ditch was shallow and out into a cane field.

mr crab 05-26-2015 05:01 PM

Dang eman.....the good old days huh?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted