SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Texas Threads & Bashing (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20954)

PReaux 07-18-2011 03:23 PM

I'm gonna have to declare this conversation to be worthy of my "Rule of 5" . . . now spread out your hand and point to each finger and say - "I . . . don't . . . give . . . a . . . f***" . . . Aggies, Tigers, t-sips . . . it makes football so much fun . . . sheepheads rule! . . . LOL Why don't we have a side pot for the biggest sheephead . . .

Salty 07-18-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PReaux (Post 288686)
I'm gonna have to declare this conversation to be worthy of my "Rule of 5" . . . now spread out your hand and point to each finger and say - "I . . . don't . . . give . . . a . . . f***" . . . Aggies, Tigers, t-sips . . . it makes football so much fun . . . sheepheads rule! . . . LOL Why don't we have a side pot for the biggest sheephead . . .

Why are UT fans called "t-sips"? :confused:

mcjaredsandwich 07-18-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 288584)
:pissed:

The only good team you got there is ut. Anything north of the red river aint worth much. :)

Ducktrickster 07-18-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 288246)
Plan for what, world domination? Haha :) im not trying to start anything. Yall bash texas for our habits, we bash yall for ypur habits. Honestly before I moved down here I thought everyone was gonna be bobby bouchier.

to raise scores

"W" 07-18-2011 03:50 PM

I say we have a section for Texans,,,I can be the Moderator for it!!!! Casey???

elebouef 07-18-2011 03:52 PM

Isn't Texas up to Houston really West Louisiana?

PReaux 07-18-2011 03:56 PM

"t-sips" originated from the premise that while us Aggies drank beer out by the barn people from tu were inside sippin' tea with the ladies . . . they exude a substantial amount of arrogance that is really annoying after they have beaten your a$$ 57-6 . . . they think it's a right of entitlement . . .

mcjaredsandwich 07-18-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PReaux (Post 288712)
"t-sips" originated from the premise that while us Aggies drank beer out by the barn people from tu were inside sippin' tea with the ladies . . . they exude a substantial amount of arrogance that is really annoying after they have beaten your a$$ 57-6 . . . they think it's a right of entitlement . . .

Lol. We all about the ladies, not out drinkin by the sheep barn. Haha!

meaux fishing 07-18-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 288744)
Lol. We all about the ladies, not out drinkin by the sheep barn. Haha!

you know how them aggies like sheep...

monkeyman1 07-18-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 288548)
I have to admit you are correct W, even though I do get get involved with the messing with TEXAS thing!
Really I cannot believe some people "Texans" get upset about that. I guess the Texans are more sensitive than the LSU fan base or they just do not like W!:rotfl:

this texan could care less. louisiana would have been my second choice of places to be born...well, maybe hawaii...:grinpimp:

ckinchen 07-18-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyman1 (Post 288894)
this texan could care less. louisiana would have been my second choice of places to be born...well, maybe hawaii...:grinpimp:

I feel the same way, If I were not born in Louisiana, Texas would have been a good second option.

Garfish 07-18-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 288969)
I feel the same way, If I were not born in Louisiana, Texas would have been a good second option.

X2
I have to say that I LOVE Louisiana and miss the hell out of it, but I like where I'm at now, also. It just happened to be a good place to make a little mo money, build a bigger house, and stay and raise my family. Now if I could have the same things in La., I would have never moved. It is a fact that the fishin ain't as good as back home, but I can still catch a few for the table. I cherish every time I get to go back and fish in La. and to get back to my roots, but I'm here now and it it's home. I think the bashing is all in good fun as I can see both sides and I LMAO at the comments.
Popcorn is definitely on the menu here!!!:*****::cry::pissed::work:

chugbug2000 07-18-2011 10:25 PM

I was born in La. & my parents moved to Texas when I was 3 years old, I don't remember anything about it, my grandparents passed before I was born so I never had any family to visit there. I went fishing there recently & it just feels like home. I would not mind moving back some day.

Dink 07-19-2011 06:18 AM

Alright Texans......I'm gonna throw saomething out for y'all. Ill be in Corpus the 3rd thru the 7th. No boat, just rods. Where do I need to go for some trout?? Also, what's an out of state license gone a run me?

"W" 07-19-2011 06:20 AM

I only herd of two things in Texas...Steers and ??????

Lake Chuck Duck 07-19-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elebouef (Post 288706)
Isn't Texas up to Houston really West Louisiana?

Nope.....North-East Mexico.:shaking:

Garfish 07-19-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 289058)
Alright Texans......I'm gonna throw saomething out for y'all. Ill be in Corpus the 3rd thru the 7th. No boat, just rods. Where do I need to go for some trout?? Also, what's an out of state license gone a run me?

Try out the beach first on Mustang Island or Padre Island if it's calm enough. If you go to fish at Mustang Island State Park, you won't need a license once you pay the fee to get in the park ($5 for adult). Also try the Packery Channel Jetties, Bob Hall Pier and/or Fish Pass on HWY 361. You could also venture north on 361 to Port Aransas and fish the South Jetty, Caldwell Pier or the beach. Look for white flags flying at the baitshops if you're interested in Live Shrimp or you can soak some bait shrimp on the bottom just to get a tug. If you throw lures, the usual plastics you throw and topwaters will suit you just fine. You'll need a beach pass to drive and park on the beach ($12) and you can get them at most convenience stores near the beaches. Not sure what an out of state license costs. Check out TPWD website.
Hope this helps....... Good luck!

"W" 07-19-2011 08:33 AM

JUST A FYI.............CorkyFatBoy is Ryan Rackmynutts.....Dont know why Casey let him back in

SaltERedneck 07-19-2011 08:34 AM

lol ok. thanks for the update on every thread.

Dink 07-19-2011 08:36 AM

Don't he run in Baffin?? Wonder if he got another boat?