SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lost Black Lab near Schooner Bayou, Pecan Island (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49807)

Spunt Drag 12-07-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sightwindow (Post 649261)
- But I still don't use a GPS collar. I figure it was a rarity and I'll pay extra attention next time -

- Out of the thousands of hunting dogs in the field during the 60 day season, how many actually get lost? The percentage is infintesimily(sp) low -

above quotes from the two dog experts.

Again, nobody or at least I didn't say it's a terrible idea. You don't have any less of a dog because it's wearing a GPS collar. I don't know why you're so upset about this subject.

Sightwindow 12-07-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 649290)
Again, nobody or at least I didn't say it's a terrible idea. You don't have any less of a dog because it's wearing a GPS collar. I don't know why you're so upset about this subject.

Doesn't matter to me. I just find it interesting that dog experts scoff decidedly at the idea of a GPS collar. With 2013 technology and knowing that s*** happens and knowing the scumbag thief's that run around here, I figured it'd be a no-brainer. But whatever...

Spunt Drag 12-07-2013 10:51 PM

:headknocker:

:beathorse:

Bdub 12-07-2013 11:55 PM

If u have a good dog thats one thing, but if I spend over 13000 on a dog better believe il be spending another 500 to 1000 on some type of trackng on it. Same reason I quit cheaping on shells for an almost 2000$ gun...if u gonna spend the $ u gota back it up....now a 5000 dog that does the basics may not get the same...some of u guys have rediculous amounts of $ tied up in duxk hunting...that dog costs as much as a solid duck boat...better put some kind of insurance on it especially if u are guiding...

Deadly D 12-08-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdub (Post 649319)
If u have a good dog thats one thing, but if I spend over 13000 on a dog better believe il be spending another 500 to 1000 on some type of trackng on it. Same reason I quit cheaping on shells for an almost 2000$ gun...if u gonna spend the $ u gota back it up....now a 5000 dog that does the basics may not get the same...some of u guys have rediculous amounts of $ tied up in duxk hunting...that dog costs as much as a solid duck boat...better put some kind of insurance on it especially if u are guiding...

Per Raymond we just have rock dogs cause we don't have little ribbions and all that paper work stuff, pfffff I will take my dog any day of the week

bgizzle 12-08-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 649338)
Per Raymond we just have rock dogs cause we don't have little ribbions and all that paper work stuff, pfffff I will take my dog any day of the week

Can't get that with satellite

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

Dogface 12-08-2013 08:58 AM

This thread is about helping a hunter find his dog. If you guys want to debate the pros and cons of using a GPS tracking collar start a thread. Please, let's get back to looking for Eli!!

Deadly D 12-08-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 649346)
This thread is about helping a hunter find his dog. If you guys want to debate the pros and cons of using a GPS tracking collar start a thread. Please, let's get back to looking for Eli!!

This is a formal open site last time I checked. We have posted on other sites and text many friends, now trying to help others out to

Sightwindow 12-08-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 649346)

Nobody is not looking for the dog because of this. The thread would have died a quick death without it.

And you guys are right about duck hunting threads.:cool:

lilrab1989 12-08-2013 10:31 AM

Rock Dog's Reallly i bet my dog picks up more birds in worse terrian than most just because it dont have riibons hanging around her neck its a rock dog? A hunting dog is made to hunt not play games to win ribbions so bring them ribbion dogs down here to lake arthur an put them in our marsh an see what they all about

Spunt Drag 12-08-2013 10:44 AM

A 10 page thread about bird counts, maybe a 10 page thread about duck dogs. Now if we can just get a 10 page thread about shotguns, this salty duck season will be complete!

MarshRat89 12-08-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 649374)
A 10 page thread about bird counts, maybe a 10 page thread about duck dogs. Now if we can just get a 10 page thread about shotguns, this salty duck season will be complete!

We got a goose one going pretty hard too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

MarshRat89 12-08-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sightwindow (Post 649363)
Nobody is not looking for the dog because of this. The thread would have died a quick death without it.

And you guys are right about duck hunting threads.:cool:

This man has a point here atleast the thread is still active. On a positive note Herohunts found his dog this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Deadly D 12-08-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 649374)

If Raymond wants to loose some money I will start another thread

lilrab1989 12-08-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 649388)

im down with it D!!!!

Raymond 12-08-2013 11:04 AM

How would another thread about loosing money pertain to loosing a dog?

Spunt Drag 12-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 649388)

What would the ground rules of this bet be?

speckdaddy 12-08-2013 11:09 AM

I got a crisp bill that says them ribbon dawgs cant phuck with them rock dawgs

Raymond 12-08-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 649397)
What would the ground rules of this bet be?

Probably nothing over 40 yds:)
Damn y'all are bored

speckdaddy 12-08-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 649395)
How would another thread about loosing money pertain to loosing a dog?

Ill tell ya: you talkin like u know it ALL about dogs and basically sayin that unless a dog is trained by you it aint worth squat. So by starting another thread on a competition , you can thereby put up against these rock dogs or just be quiet n leave well enough alone.