SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2015 GMC Sierra? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57711)

swampman46 12-19-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 733309)
If you've ever heard the expression "they don't make them like they use too" that statement is 100% correct, they make them 10 times better now.

We all like to believe that, and I believe the engines are dramatically better now than 30 years ago. And yes you have the fancier interiors now, but talk to people in a body shop, and they will quickly tell you that the trucks today aren't built near as strong as they were back even in the '90's-the frame for one, is not near as strong today.

swamp snorkler 12-19-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 733325)
We all like to believe that, and I believe the engines are dramatically better now than 30 years ago. And yes you have the fancier interiors now, but talk to people in a body shop, and they will quickly tell you that the trucks today aren't built near as strong as they were back even in the '90's-the frame for one, is not near as strong today.


Do you want your body to take the brunt of an accident or your vehicle?

I make oil 12-19-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 733325)
We all like to believe that, and I believe the engines are dramatically better now than 30 years ago. And yes you have the fancier interiors now, but talk to people in a body shop, and they will quickly tell you that the trucks today aren't built near as strong as they were back even in the '90's-the frame for one, is not near as strong today.


I'd like to hear Corey's opinion on that.

Clampy 12-19-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 733270)
100% bassass racing my tacoma... lol. Nah i have friends with other trucks... and was just stating a fact that my v6 tacoma is faster than the v8 chevys and v8 fords...

Bring it

Goooh 12-19-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 733346)
Do you want your body to take the brunt of an accident or your vehicle?


Now we're talking.


Sent

BGcoreg 12-19-2014 08:09 PM

2015 GMC Sierra?
 
[QUOTE=Marshgoat;732906] quote from marshgoat:
according to GM they make a "slight ticking" sound. Well I must have gotten the loudest one made that week. At times it sounds like a bad lifter getting no oil whatsoever. Sometimes I get asked whats wrong with my engine when people hear it. Been to 2 different dealerships and I get the "its normal" excuse.

Well, I Rode with a buddy today and yesterday, 2014 Chevy.. We stopped at the bank and I heard it, I said what's that's clicking noise? (Instantly thought of this thread, I remembered someone talking about it haha) he said. What noise, then he heard it, "oh that's been doin that since the day I got it"
I just laughed and thought, well I guess some people can put up with some of the small issues better than others

BassYakR 12-19-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampy (Post 733350)
Bring it

U dont have a v8 Ford! U have a v6 :) didnt claim to beat them.

Clampy 12-19-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 733404)
U dont have a v8 Ford! U have a v6 :) didnt claim to beat them.

Worth a shot

BassYakR 12-19-2014 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampy (Post 733405)
Worth a shot

Yee Yee


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted