SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conservationist's Corner (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OK...let's lay it on the table (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7995)

Ray 02-25-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossHog (Post 118815)
Well I'm convinced cmdrost is a democrat,

:eek:That's a low blow cuz...:eek:

specktator 02-25-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 118171)
Exactly.........I'll keep a limit of fish, which I don't fish every day or even every w/e, don't even go 5 months out of the year due to hunting.
When I was younger deer hunting it was all about the numbers (but not over a yearly limit)....Not any more.....I let at least 13 legal bucks (for our club 6pt or better) walk this year. But didn't shoot a doe either & were on a program to take so many does off our property. So you decide....... Conservationist or not. ???????

i think u just don't like to clean deer! Lol

"W" 02-25-2010 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Well I'm convinced cmdrost is a democrat, he believes everything he reads or hears. Spend a little time out there on the water you talk about so much and see whats really going on. Theres no problem at all, and thats been proven by all the good reports, fish storys , pics ,and guide testimonals saying that lake is great shape. Your just like obama and algore and wanta cause problems and try to fix something that needs absolutely no help at all!!!

:eek:

Ray 02-25-2010 10:33 AM

Did ya'll catch any bass???
I seen bass in Prien Lake in a boat house, but never in Big Lake.
This is the longest time I have seen fresh water in Big Lake.

exspeck big specks 02-25-2010 10:37 AM

Release big trout over 5lb.'s just makes sense they just are not good to eat, and also I do it out of plain respect for those big sows that have lived that long.

I Love Big Lake and have seen it go threw cycles my whole life. My grandfather says since THE GILL NETTERS were banned that lake has made a 180 degree turn for the better. That was a big problem for them when they were kids. He said there was a few stumps in Prien but nothing further than Moss Lake. When the river was diverted to the ship channel, they built the locks up north which ultimately stopped the majority of fresh water from FREE FLOWING like before.

Ray 02-25-2010 10:49 AM

Before the weirs, there were not near as many gill nets and strike nets.
Daming up the marshes killed shrimping so the commercial fishermen went
to gill nets and strike nets.
The strike netters were the *******s of the lake. They would spot a flock
of birds and surround them with a mile of strike net and catch every fish
in the school.
I have been surrounded by the strike nets and told to get out of their
school of fish before.

Salty 02-25-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Well I'm convinced cmdrost is a democrat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 118833)
:eek:That's a low blow cuz...:eek:

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ban his azz. :) :smokin:

cmdrost 02-25-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Well I'm convinced cmdrost is a democrat, he believes everything he reads or hears. Spend a little time out there on the water you talk about so much and see whats really going on. Theres no problem at all, and thats been proven by all the good reports, fish storys , pics ,and guide testimonals saying that lake is great shape. Your just like obama and algore and wanta cause problems and try to fix something that needs absolutely no help at all!!!

First off. F you! Very conservative republican and proud of it! You don't know me so don't get on a public board proclaiming you've got me pegged

second. I'm very involved with CCA on a local, state, and national level. I am privy to information not made public. I fish whenever possible and have grown up on the water and am prob out there more than you

LaAngler 02-25-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 118859)
Ray there has been salt up there as long as I can remember. I use to go shrimping up there with my dad and paw paw when I was a kid

i've caught stripers in prien lake, never a largemouth or bluegill tho.....

i've been fishing it for 24 years

Salty 02-25-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 118897)
This guy doesnt know you to good hu. I like your first comment

Thirdly....when it comes to Big lake, you never argue with anyone named "Drost". :) :rolleyes: :smokin: :shaking:

Ray 02-25-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 118902)
Thirdly....when it comes to Big lake, you never argue with anyone named "Drost". :) :rolleyes: :smokin: :shaking:

Why???

Salty 02-25-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 118904)
Why???

Just cuz. :rolleyes:

Ray 02-25-2010 11:48 AM

BossHog did...

Salty 02-25-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 118910)
BossHog did...

Yeah, I know. :eek:

"W" 02-25-2010 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

All I can say is I know both of you guys......and I know BossHog spends more time on the water and has learned from the Best on the Lake.... I Know that Boss is a great fisherman as he and his family are all good....

I know CMdrost....he is big with the CCA and knows lots of info....

I myself disagree with some of his views but thats what makes it great....To get to bash out opinions.....

I spend lots of time on the water also...not as much as BosShog but more than Chas...... So I really see both arguments....

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 118877)
First off. F you! Very conservative republican and proud of it! You don't know me so don't get on a public board proclaiming you've got me pegged

second. I'm very involved with CCA on a local, state, and national level. I am privy to information not made public. I fish whenever possible and have grown up on the water and am prob out there more than you

yea..........Get some popcorn.....

cmdrost 02-25-2010 12:12 PM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: good pic W!

huntin fool 02-25-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 118906)
You re also right on that to Salty:)

your right salty.

huntin fool 02-25-2010 04:43 PM

I bet i spend more time on the water than you!

"I spend lots of time on the water also...not as much as BosShog but more than Chas...... So I really see both arguments...."

Aint nobody cares who stays out on the water the most..what is this kindergarten? We care about who catches the biggest trout!

jchief 02-25-2010 08:19 PM

The stumps are in the same area as the "rock" to the east of the island but right where the old river runs.

How many realize that Big Lake was not there in its current form until after the Channel was dug in the 40's. There used to be a winding river, like that above the locks, that went all the way to the Gulf

I would love to find a map that shows where the river ran before they dredged the channel

LaAngler 02-25-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 119002)
We care about who catches the biggest trout!

i think bosshog has had 2 tens