SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ribbon Dog vrs Rock Dogs (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49920)

Raymond 12-10-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 650363)
I seen't a dude come to the line one time and let his dog watch all 3 marks come out. Sent the dog for the go-bird and it ran all over creation til it SOB, then same thing for both memory birds. On the blind he kicked the dog off on "back" and crossed his arms and waited. He was confused and upset when he got dropped, "But he picked up all the birds and I never even had to handle him!"

Maybe he jus didn't have enough "Trust" in the handler to complete the "mission"?? You must have the "Quan" wit yo dog to have true enlightenment.

cgoods17 12-10-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 650319)
See That what you think. If your dog is trained it will trust you. If you have to blow the whistle all day long the dog cant trust your mark of line to go retrieve the bird. That is the difference between a robot ribbon dog or a rock dog.

Well last time i checked, you dont have to blow your whistle all day long for a robot, "trained" dog.. I do believe you would be blowing that whistle a lot more for your rock dog.

and believe me, i know the difference, i have had both kinds of dogs..

Nickt87 12-10-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 650319)
See That what you think. If your dog is trained it will trust you. If you have to blow the whistle all day long the dog cant trust your mark of line to go retrieve the bird. That is the difference between a robot ribbon dog or a rock dog.

Is this real life?:confused:

bbrown 12-10-2013 04:21 PM

^^^
I had trouble with that line from a dog training perspective and a English language perspective.

I did not realize that when a dog turns on a whistle to look at you they are actually mocking and questioning your ability to "mark of line to go retrieve bird". This entire time I thought I was with a fine tuned robot but he is actually doing it out of dis-trust. I'm going to beat that robot when i get home for listening to that stupid whistle that I blow all day regardless if he is with me or not.

Dogface 12-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 650218)
We lost a site member over that one, I miss inch he always had great reports.

I liked his reports also. Wish he would come back.

simplepeddler 12-10-2013 04:47 PM

so................who's on first?

ckinchen 12-10-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 650449)

So do I, you guys should reach out to him and let him know how you feel. He still checks Pm's.

Deadly D 12-10-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducktrickster (Post 650340)
No intelligent dog man would take that bet. That is why you threw it out there. Do you have any openings for the second split?

I threw it out there cause everyone either has a dog trained by him or it is a rock dog. Plan and simple I have the money and he cant get his dog to do it unless you can see the dog and blow the whistle at him and line him back up when he gets lost. And no the dog doesn't get to go run around and hunt for the bird, take the line and get the bird or bust. To answer opening dates I have Christmas and New Years but that is for my neighbor that takes care of my dogs when we are gone from the house.

specktator 12-10-2013 06:31 PM

Ribbon Dog vrs Rock Dogs

Man!! Saturday can't come soon enough!! Y'all n i njas need to get back in the blind!!

Msucowpoke51 12-10-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 650483)
So do I, you guys should reach out to him and let him know how you feel. He still checks Pm's.

Good to know ... I'll do that, I also enjoyed his reports and posts

Top Dawg 12-10-2013 06:36 PM

I need to find out who sells those shells that ppl knockin down birds at 400 yards wit! I won't even have to leave the house to get my limit. Couple those long range shells wit a rock dog and I can sit in my recliner and get a limit!!

ckinchen 12-10-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msucowpoke51 (Post 650497)

Operation salty gate is long over no need for him to not be here.

"W" 12-10-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msucowpoke51 (Post 650203)
Hopefully this bet goes better than the infamous Saltygate scandal between W and inch .. Although that did lead to an interesting several months of W getting to flex his CSI muscles lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 650218)
We lost a site member over that one, I miss inch he always had great reports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 650449)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msucowpoke51 (Post 650497)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 650501)
Operation salty gate is long over no need for him to not be here.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/2fdf6e007...n7b9o1_400.gif

Dogface 12-10-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Just tried to send a pm but his box is full.

Deadly D 12-10-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 650499)
I need to find out who sells those shells that ppl knockin down birds at 400 yards wit! I won't even have to leave the house to get my limit. Couple those long range shells wit a rock dog and I can sit in my recliner and get a limit!!

Reloads buddy try it youll like it but you have to have a slingshot to get that rock far enough

Top Dawg 12-10-2013 06:59 PM

I don't think my rubber will stretch 400 yards worth.

Deadly D 12-10-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 650523)
I don't think my rubber will stretch 400 yards worth.

Well you dang sure cant have mine right now until after the bet then I will give it to you FREE

SULPHITE 12-10-2013 08:01 PM

Holy **** speckdaddy is on this thread lol

speckdaddy 12-10-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 650554)
Holy **** speckdaddy is on this thread lol

**** em

inchspinner 12-10-2013 09:04 PM

Deadly sound like some drama on here with the rock, dogs a beast in dat thick stuff!!! BOOM