SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   HELP!!!!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11053)

longsidelandry 06-06-2010 01:58 PM

HELP!!!!!
 
Just realized that all of my rods flew out of the boat somewhere between Big Lake and Delcambre. :cry: If anybody hears of someone finding a black rod bag with 2 BillyStix, 1 American Rodsmiths and 1 Ugly Stick in it please let me know. I have that sickening feeling in my stomach and felt like somebody punched me in the gut when I realized they weren't in the boat.

tcglsu 06-06-2010 02:00 PM

i know the feling man that blows! hope u find em

Reel Bender 06-06-2010 02:08 PM

OUCH!!!!

Mediumheavyaction6'6 06-06-2010 02:11 PM

wow ross that sucks. i hope someone finds them and returns them to you.

CatDaddy 06-06-2010 02:38 PM

Im offshore, but I can offer you a few rods if you need!!!

billystix custom rods 06-06-2010 02:51 PM

lost my billystix
 
1 Attachment(s)
hi ross
man did that bag have your new spin rod in there also??
ok tell you what i will do, if i can get 7 people to order 7 custom billystix rods at a reduced price from the regular price of $250 to $190 ea plus ship i will replace 2 rods for ross at no charge all he will need to do is pay the ship, now this is a win-win for someone seven people will get a custom inshore billystix at a very good price and ross will get 2 free rods that he lost, now cajun brothers this is your chance to step up and hel your fellow cajun brother out and get yourself a nice rod to boot.
give it some thought.
stix

shellman 06-06-2010 03:23 PM

Good luck finding dat....

"W" 06-06-2010 03:47 PM

Got your text....I hope the show up

fishinpox 06-06-2010 04:02 PM

dude that sux! hope the turn up .

longsidelandry 06-06-2010 04:04 PM

Thanks guys, I really hope an honest person finds them.

Billy, I had all of my rods in the bag, including the one I just got from you on Thursday.

Dink 06-06-2010 04:17 PM

You post it on Las too?

longsidelandry 06-06-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 161057)
You post it on Las too?

Not yet, I'm fixing to do that.

simplepeddler 06-06-2010 04:52 PM

And I thought my freezer going out was a bad day today.......
sick for you man!

eman 06-06-2010 05:02 PM

freezer
 
Hey peddler,
I got one sitting under my carport ya can use if ya need it.

speck-chaser 06-06-2010 05:10 PM

man,that sucks the big one, Hope you can get them back.

Wag 06-06-2010 08:32 PM

would boat insurance cover something like that, mine covers if they are stolen but don't know about blowing out the boat?????

jchief 06-06-2010 08:38 PM

what route you take? maybe we can look over here

longsidelandry 06-06-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 161211)
what route you take? maybe we can look over here

Left Hebert's, took hwy 384 to hwy 27 to hwy 14 all the way back to Delcambre.

Ray 06-06-2010 08:59 PM

That sux. But the Stix rods have your name on them, and Billy Stix phone number too.
If they are found by an honest person, you will get them back.
Just hope they were not run over by another vehicle following you.

BMTAngler 06-06-2010 09:19 PM

Hey bud pm me if they are no found.

dmouton272 06-07-2010 07:51 AM

Well we can all hope but we know that most people will keep what they find. Sorry for the loss, but maybe you'll get lucky.

all star rod 06-07-2010 07:57 AM

Man that bites. Good luck.

datcajunman 06-07-2010 08:22 AM

I would let Mrs. Elaine know at Calcasieu Point and a few other places. You never know, there are still good people out there. Post something at cal point.

Sea-Trac Offshore 06-07-2010 09:02 AM

That sucks man but believe it or not there are some good people out there, may get lucky one of them found it

SULPHITE 06-07-2010 09:06 AM

that sucks big time hope an honest person finds them!!

CatDaddy 06-07-2010 09:20 AM

Need a few Falcons, I can loan you several till you get back on ya feet!!

Gerald 06-07-2010 11:57 AM

Just last week, I put my identification in the little pouch on my tackle bag......you never know what could happen.

Red Devil 06-07-2010 12:00 PM

Hell, I would go backtrack and look in the ditches. You never know. When I get in from offshore Wednesday, I'll take the back way home and keep my eye out. I'll only go as far as Lake Arthur though.

longsidelandry 06-07-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 161408)
Hell, I would go backtrack and look in the ditches. You never know. When I get in from offshore Wednesday, I'll take the back way home and keep my eye out. I'll only go as far as Lake Arthur though.

That's a huge help man, thanks

Red Devil 06-07-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 161412)
That's a huge help man, thanks

No problem. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Big Kahunaz 06-07-2010 06:15 PM

I know the feeling. Lost a rod n reel valued @ 400 bucks and tackle bag w/ every freshwater bait known to man w/ boga etc. b/w 6 mile boat launch Toledo and the Pilot gas station in Orange. I've made that trip soo many times and never had anything blow out of boat. That night I left that one rod and reel (thank god i didn't leave them all) and a tackle bag you dam near needed a winch to get out the boat. Decided to check at Pilot to make sure everything was good b4 hitting i-10....and that WRECKING BALL to the gut nailed me! Then having to back track 2 hours driving slow with your eyes peeled on both sides of the road when all you want to do is go home and wake up w/ your tackle in the boat.....ugh......feel ya man........gl and hope it turns up!

longsidelandry 06-08-2010 10:37 AM

Bump...

All fingers and toes are crossed, hell I even got my arms, legs and eyes crossed!

longsidelandry 06-09-2010 02:35 PM

Putting this back up out of desperation, figure I'll give it a week before calling it quits

billystix custom rods 06-09-2010 04:11 PM

lets all help ross out
 
ross
i sent you a pm, i will help you out best i can.
stix

RAGINJROB 06-09-2010 10:13 PM

Longsidelandry.... I drove hwy 14 from Lake Arthur to Abbeville on Monday and didn't spot anything. Hope things turn up.

Red Devil 06-10-2010 06:18 AM

Ross, I drove hwy 14 from holmwood to L.A. yesterday afternoon with no luck. Did turn around twice though. Man I wish you the best and hope this turns up for you.

longsidelandry 06-10-2010 11:37 AM

Thanks for the help guys, I'm sure somebody picked them up Sat night or Sun morning though.

blackmamba 06-10-2010 12:13 PM

Good Luck man that surely sucks

ScubaLatt 06-10-2010 09:44 PM

This sounds like a trip I made once to our ranch in San Saba, TX. My buddy had all his clothes, camcorder, medicines, bullets, etc. in a 120 qt ice chest. He strapped it to the back rack of my 4 wheeler due to lack of space in the tahoe. Well somewhere between Vinton and Houston it flew off. We did not realize it was gone until we hit the Budweiser plant (all bow and make the sign of the cross here). So, we backtrack all the damn way to Vinton and didn't see a dang thing. So, we pack new clothes and head back to the ranch. A week goes by and when we get home he gets a call from a trucker saying he found my friend's stuff between Beaumont and Winnie. He gets his clothes and the ice chest back but that is all. Nice fellow said that when he came upon the pile of crap the camera and bullets were gone. go figure!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted