SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   East goes West (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11730)

MOJO 06-28-2010 09:38 AM

East goes West
 
Runnin from dat oil now as I know many others that fish east will be doing.

Thank God I have fished B L enough to know a few things in the past because I would have skunked out Saturday if I didn't know the area.

Saw W on the lake later in the afternoon.
Easy to spot that little sucker,haha.

Anyway,looked like they were doing about as good as us,not a real fast bite but some pretty nice fish on artificials.
No tide,no wind and heat index about 111.

We got off the water and headed back to Baton Rouge before 12 with 19 trout.

We caught our 2 biggest fish,around 3 lbs each in a slick wer found somewhere on the south end of the lake.

All fish caught on Dudley opening night and Dudley baychovey blue moon/chartruse tails.

Will be back y'alls way soon.


MOJO

longsidelandry 06-28-2010 09:39 AM

Nice job, I'll take 19 trout before noon every day of the week!

MOJO 06-28-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 169468)
Nice job, I'll take 19 trout before noon every day of the week!

Thanks

I can't fish live bait,just too boring to me.

It's not about the cost or hassle of catching the shrimp it's about sitting there and watching a motionless cork sit there until a fish eats the bait.

Artificial fishing requires the angler to use proper presentation techniques to entice a strike.

While presenting the bait the strike usually comes when you least expect it and that to me is what makes artificial fishing all the more better.

We watched a boat in the area using live bait and yes they were mopping up on the trout on every cast.
So if you are there for a meat haul by all means buy live shrimp.

Is it October YET? 06-28-2010 01:30 PM

Dudley's are terrible. After a few fish you need a new one. My buddy was using an H and H and used the same plastic all day. And we caught about 100 fish each. Mostly dinks.

specktator 06-28-2010 01:37 PM

One of my buddies called me today. He doesn't get on this site but he knows I do. He was on his way back from BL. He said, "man who's that dude that has that Haynie with a Salty Cajun sticker on windshield." I said thats W. He said "I was fishing right by him this morning. Thats a tiny lil mofo, huh?" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

"W" 06-28-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 169625)
One of my buddies called me today. He doesn't get on this site but he knows I do. He was on his way back from BL. He said, "man who's that dude that has that Haynie with a Salty Cajun sticker on windshield." I said thats W. He said "I was fishing right by him this morning. Thats a tiny lil mofo, huh?" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So he must be one of the ones who needed to come right up to my boat today? If you can read that sticker on my glass that means your way way too close!!! I was 1st boat on that reef today slamming trout left and right then potlicker city needed come troll all around me to get in the action!!!

Jordan 06-28-2010 03:36 PM

waaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaa suck it up..... U DONT OWN THE ******* LAKE !!!!

MOJO 06-28-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 169686)
So he must be one of the ones who needed to come right up to my boat today? If you can read that sticker on my glass that means your way way too close!!! I was 1st boat on that reef today slamming trout left and right then potlicker city needed come troll all around me to get in the action!!!

hey,I just realized who you were when I got close enough to realize who you were.
Hope you don't think I was there to potlick.
We already had our biggest fish in the box before we even got there.

I was happy to see you out there Saturday,I haven't seen you in a while.

longsidelandry 06-28-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOJO (Post 169690)
I was happy to potlick you out there Saturday,I haven't potlicked you in a while.

:eek: :p

LaAngler 06-28-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 169686)
So he must be one of the ones who needed to come right up to my boat today?

what reef was he on? :cool:

specktator 06-28-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 169707)
what reef was he on? :cool:

Lol I'll keep it confidential! I wouldn't be surprised if he was potlickin'! He said he got too close to another boat and the guy climbed his azz! He looks like a Cuban in a 22' green pathfinder with a mercury with no decals. Was he potlicking u W?

"W" 06-28-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 169714)
Lol I'll keep it confidential! I wouldn't be surprised if he was potlickin'! He said he got too close to another boat and the guy climbed his azz! He looks like a Cuban in a 22' green pathfinder with a mercury with no decals. Was he potlicking u W?

That was Kevin B that climbed in his azz....he was trolling all over the reef and tried to split us...I'm glad Kevin let lose 1st because it was on the tip of my tongue..
I don't know what kind of fisherman they are but I'm sure they had no clue about that reef...they cup up like a spoonbill to a feed call when I pulled up ...

specktator 06-28-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 169736)
That was Kevin B that climbed in his azz....he was trolling all over the reef and tried to split us...I'm glad Kevin let lose 1st because it was on the tip of my tongue..
I don't know what kind of fisherman they are but I'm sure they had no clue about that reef...they cup up like a spoonbill to a feed call when I pulled up ...

haha he is a duck! He's one those people that if they go fishing and they don't catch doesn't mean the fish weren't biting. If he does catch, anyone could have caught that day!

Backwards Kid's Mom 06-28-2010 05:20 PM

Jeff and I had a pretty good weekend on BL too. Worked like hell to catch the first day then sucked it up and got live bait the next day. Had my son with us and it was his first speck trip so we wanted to help him out. He ended up with a nice 3lber among a bunch of others and you couldn't wipe the smile off his face with a Brillo pad!

"W" 06-28-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 169738)
haha he is a duck! He's one those people that if they go fishing and they don't catch doesn't mean the fish weren't biting. If he does catch, anyone could have caught that day!

And to add...he trolled up wind right below us for 30 mins deciding which boat he wanted to tie up to

Backwards Kid's Mom 06-28-2010 05:30 PM

I hear if you run a figure 8 rooster it'll take care of all your problems! Lol

specktator 06-28-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 169742)
And to add...he trolled up wind right below us for 30 mins deciding which boat he wanted to tie up to

Lmao! That's what he said. He said the guy asked him of he wanted to tie up to his boat. Supposedly, he told me he was having trolling motor problems. At least that's what he told me.

"W" 06-28-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 169744)
Lmao! That's what he said. He said the guy asked him of he wanted to tie up to his boat. Supposedly, he told me he was having trolling motor problems. At least that's what he told me.

Lol
Only problem I saw he was having was lack of trout on hook

How many trout did they catch?

specktator 06-28-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 169746)
Lol
Only problem I saw he was having was lack of trout on hook

How many trout did they catch?

He called me on his way home, I asked him how many he got. This is his famous quote. Which means not many. "Im not sure, I haven't counted yet," and doesn't even give an estimate! LMAO

"W" 06-28-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 169752)
He called me on his way home, I asked him how many he got. This is his famous quote. Which means not many. "Im not sure, I haven't counted yet," and doesn't even give an estimate! LMAO


I saw then boat about 4 or 5..

Ask him how he knew about that reef

all star rod 06-28-2010 06:45 PM

W how many fish did you catch under those birds (MIDDLE OF THE LAKE) once you left the BASKET REEF.........I was there to just a little North of where you were at the Basket Reef......you left and we left about 15 minutes afterwards and saw you potlickin the birds....LOL.......we ended with 21......most on top water and opening night Jerk Jr.......

specktator 06-28-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 169754)
I saw then boat about 4 or 5..

Ask him how he knew about that reef

I told him about it.

all star rod 06-28-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 169769)
I told him about it.

I thought it was from that LSM issue of the BIG LAKE TOP 10 HOT SPOTS.......LMAO.....

specktator 06-28-2010 07:16 PM

Got the count he said 10 specks and 3 reds.

"W" 06-28-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 169793)
Got the count he said 10 specks and 3 reds.

lol.........we had 30 by 9:30.....Picked up 25 on reef threw back about 30 more under size.........Pick up 2 off a group of birds when we was heading in for weather...
Went back out ....hit a turners and picked up rest of limit plus tagged about 18....

MOJO 06-29-2010 12:10 PM

you must be talking about Saturday Evening because you were nowhere around middle lake or turners when I saw you.

specktator 06-29-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOJO (Post 170372)
you must be talking about Saturday Evening because you were nowhere around middle lake or turners when I saw you.

he is talking about yesterday.

MOJO 06-29-2010 12:24 PM

ok gotcha.
So W,is the evening bite still good?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted