SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ford or the dodge (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12691)

fishinpox 07-28-2010 06:11 PM

ford or the dodge
 
1 Attachment(s)
buying a new truck it is between this f150 w the 5.4 loaded w the lift kit wheels(20's w 37" mickey thompsons ) ect in the pic or a ram 1500 big horn loaded with similar lift kit/wheels . ive been very happy with my f150 that just got totaled and hated a dodge i had 10 yrs ago but i have heard they have gotten better and they also offer a 100k mile warr. w the dodge

meaux fishing 07-28-2010 06:24 PM

I like the dodge personally...
ask adamsfence about how he likes his

fishinpox 07-28-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 182104)
I like the dodge personally...
ask adamsfence about how he likes his


adamsfence how do you like yours:p

flyphisher 07-28-2010 06:37 PM

For the 100k warranty, ALL scheduled maintenance must be done by the dealer, even the crap that isn't necessary. Buy the Ford, but honestly, since you aren't buying it from me, I don't really care either way, it's your money.

Country Boy 07-28-2010 06:37 PM

well Pox, i always had Ford but just brought a Dodge truck nothing fancy though 2010 TRX 4.7 L quad cab and has good power , so far i really like it and got a 6 year or 75k mile bumper to bumper wty, just taught i would try something different.

Montauk17 07-28-2010 06:40 PM

I say go with the ford. Hemis are a gas hog!

Country Boy 07-28-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 182115)
I say go with the ford. Hemis are a gas hog!

yea, thats what i heard too, taught about getting one though also heard they had alot of power, the 4.7 L pulls pretty good, i bet the 5.7 is a beast.

meaux fishing 07-28-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 182115)
I say go with the ford. Hemis are a gas hog!

he aint gonna get any kind of mileage either way... add 20's and big mud tires and you will be lucky to get 15 with either one

About Fuel Economy Ratings

A truck's actual gas mileage usage is never tested in the real world -- no wind resistance, no accessories running. To top it off, simulated speeds are far less than the average driver drives. Use EPA ratings to help you compare vehicles in a class, but don't count on them for an accurate projection of your actual gas mileage.
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD Pickup Trucks

8 cyl, 5.7 L, 5-speed automatic
  • 13 city | 18 highway
8 cyl, 4.7 L, 5-speed automatic, FFV

  • Gas: 13 city | 18 highway
  • E85: 9 city | 12 highway

2010 Ford F-150 4WD Pickup Trucks

8 cyl, 4.6 L, 6-speed automatic
  • 14 city | 20 highway
8 cyl, 4.6 L, 4-speed automatic

  • 14 city | 18 highway
8 cyl, 5.4 L, 6-speed automatic, FFV

  • Gas: 14 city | 18 highway
  • E85: 10 city | 13 highway

Hebert 07-28-2010 06:59 PM

GM/Dodge= obama and union ran bailout company

Ford= didn't take any bailout money

I'd consider a US built Toyota..but I think I will stick to Ford's

meaux fishing 07-28-2010 07:01 PM

i get 20 mpg in my tacoma and 13-15 pulling my boat.... im happy with that

slick143 07-28-2010 07:03 PM

I say the ford also. Every truck ive had has been a ford and have not had problem with any of them. The only way i would buy a dodge is if it was a diesel them things are bad aQ$Q:smokin:

Montauk17 07-28-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 182133)
i get 20 mpg in my tacoma and 13-15 pulling my boat.... im happy with that

The new style tacoma is very impressive for a v6. I know a few people that pull 22 foot bay boats with them.

youmyboyblue 07-28-2010 07:09 PM

Had both. Ford by far.

outcast 07-28-2010 07:23 PM

Ford. thats a bad *** truck mike

BottomOfTheBoot 07-28-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outcast (Post 182148)
Ford. thats a bad *** truck mike

X2

all star rod 07-28-2010 07:41 PM

Ford over a Dodge any day of the week. However, a Yota or Chevy over those two...

Dink 07-28-2010 08:11 PM

I have an 04 Dodge with 4.7.......gas milage SUCKS!! it has good power, very tourguie!! But ALWAYS buy the biggest engine you can get......gas is the same either way......

I'd get the cummins. ......you'll love it!!!

Dink 07-28-2010 08:13 PM

BTW. ......you couldn't give me a Ford......my friends have had to many problems

Deerfarmer 07-28-2010 08:24 PM

I've had fords for years. Left Chevy after numerous problems that they could't fix. 174,000 miles on a 5.4 expedition, 200,000 miles on a 5.4 f-150 4X4, 110,000 miles on a f-250 Super duty 4X4. All with no problems. GO WITH THE FORD. Had a Dodge for a company truck. Gas mileage sucked. Great power with the Hemi though. Now have a 2010 Ford F-150 crew cab 2 wheel drive company truck. Gets 19.4 mpg consistantly.

Ray 07-28-2010 08:32 PM

My last 3 trucks were Dodge, Chevy, Ford. In that order.
Dodge diesel lasted 4 years, loved the torque and mileage, but it was too loud and too
much vibration. Body started falling apart.
Chevy was a lemon. I dated the warranty clerk for Chevrolet, she saved me a bundle.
But I traded it in after 3 years when the warranty ended.
Bought the Ford 7.3L diesel and had it for 12 years so far.
Never kept any truck more than 3 or 4 years, except for this one.
I did have an F-350 with a 460 CI gas engine back in the mid 80's. Good truck,
pulled good, terrible mileage.

meathauler 07-28-2010 08:50 PM

First off Dodge resale is horrible. I have a Ford f250 4x4, chevy 2500 4x4 and a work truck that is a dodge 4 dr. The ford get 16, Chevy 16 and the mdodge around 12 which is a half ton. you Prolly wont have trouble with any of them and mileage is really not great on any of them. Horsepower is created by fuel!!! Just nobody wants a 5 yr old dodge. Just my imput. That ford is a fine azz truck though.

shellman 07-28-2010 08:53 PM

Toyota tundra 5.7...great truck

Montauk17 07-28-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 182183)
My last 3 trucks were Dodge, Chevy, Ford. In that order.
Dodge diesel lasted 4 years, loved the torque and mileage, but it was too loud and too
much vibration. Body started falling apart.
Chevy was a lemon. I dated the warranty clerk for Chevrolet, she saved me a bundle.
But I traded it in after 3 years when the warranty ended.
Bought the Ford 7.3L diesel and had it for 12 years so far.
Never kept any truck more than 3 or 4 years, except for this one.
I did have an F-350 with a 460 CI gas engine back in the mid 80's. Good truck,
pulled good, terrible mileage.

Hold on to that truck! 7.3 IS the best diesel ever built. My uncle is a hotshot driver and has over 500,000 miles on his with no mayjor problems.

yak'em-n-stack'em 07-28-2010 09:14 PM

id be willing to bet that gas mileage is not an issue for this baller


he is just wondering how to score the honeys

Salty 07-28-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 182170)
I have an 04 Dodge with 4.7.......gas milage SUCKS!! it has good power, very tourguie!! But ALWAYS buy the biggest engine you can get......gas is the same either way......

I'd get the cummins. ......you'll love it!!!

turquoise? :cool:

Montauk17 07-28-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 182223)
id be willing to bet that gas mileage is not an issue for this baller


he is just wondering how to score the honeys

Tru dat! lol Hey Mike give me a ring we can go hunt some talent. :D

youmyboyblue 07-28-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 182100)
buying a new truck it is between this f150 w the 5.4 loaded w the lift kit wheels(20's w 37" mickey thompsons ) ect in the pic or a ram 1500 big horn loaded with similar lift kit/wheels . ive been very happy with my f150 that just got totaled and hated a dodge i had 10 yrs ago but i have heard they have gotten better and they also offer a 100k mile warr. w the dodge

Is this pic from Robinson Bros in Baton Rouge? If so that is where I bought my truck from.

LPfishnTIM 07-28-2010 10:04 PM

yeah, I bought my ford from them too, I'd go with a ford there's a white ford 4x4 that I like parked in front of robinson bros that I'm gonna go look at soon.

fishinpox 07-28-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youmyboyblue (Post 182244)
Is this pic from Robinson Bros in Baton Rouge? If so that is where I bought my truck from.

yep r.bros, i bought my last f150 there they are good people, especially if they put up with my whellin and delin arse!! i think i wanna go with the ford but i think im gonna get one w/o the whells and ties / lift from ford i feel like they are breakin it off in me for those extras , id rather pick out which lift kit i want and wheels ect... from like kirks or somewhere they told me i could do that and roll it into the note that way i get what i want . but the other side of me is thinking logically and sayin just get a stripped down one and dont do anything to it because realistily i dont need them big tires cept for maybe a handfull of times a year on the jobsite to pull work trailers out the mud ect . idk nicer truck ='s have to wait a little longer than 6mos. to buy a new boat . for now i just need to track down my title for the totaled one because when i paid it off they sent it to my old house and i just said screw it ...untill now when i need it :work:. plus my ex wife hated lifted trucks so that makes me want it even more:smokin:

fishinpox 07-28-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM (Post 182255)
yeah, I bought my ford from them too, I'd go with a ford there's a white ford 4x4 that I like parked in front of robinson bros that I'm gonna go look at soon.


they got a f250 4x4 marked down big time over there but its tan i think it was @ 55k you could probally get it for 40k

drpuldo 07-28-2010 10:34 PM

I have always wondered why people buy trucks with rims? When u mess with the bull you get the horns. Have had two dodge trucks with no prob.

LPfishnTIM 07-28-2010 10:37 PM

anyone check out the ford svt raptor, I think it looks cool unfortunately for me it's 38k!

LaAngler 07-28-2010 11:10 PM

ford no questions asked

is that a platinum edition?

fishinpox 07-28-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM (Post 182272)
anyone check out the ford svt raptor, I think it looks cool unfortunately for me it's 38k!


i saw it at r.bros it is weaksauce! thing looks redic.

fishinpox 07-28-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 182283)
ford no questions asked
is that a democrat edition?


nope i think the plat. edition looks kinda jsmoked out:rotfl: the 2tone tail gate ruins that truck

Montauk17 07-28-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpuldo (Post 182268)
I have always wondered why people buy trucks with rims? When u mess with the bull you get the horns. Have had two dodge trucks with no prob.

Because it pulls in the talent,and it looks good. :grinpimp:

fishinpox 07-28-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 182293)
Because it pulls in the talent,and it looks good. :grinpimp:

:*****::*****: i used to hate the rims ect... but with the agresive tires ive grown to like it i just dont like the big homeboy rims with the low profile tires

Asterisk-Rich 07-28-2010 11:28 PM

you are weak sauce and so is that f-150

get a chevy

Montauk17 07-28-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 182295)
:*****::*****: i used to hate the rims ect... but with the agresive tires ive grown to like it i just dont like the big homeboy rims with the low profile tires

I agree. Not much for big wheels on low pros. They look great on ats or mud tires.

LaAngler 07-28-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 182295)
:*****::*****: i used to hate the rims ect... but with the agresive tires ive grown to like it i just dont like the big homeboy rims with the low profile tires

with them rims you'll have to throw a couple JL 12" subs in it, beat down the block :smokin:

Montauk17 07-28-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich (Post 182297)
you are weak sauce and so is that f-150

get a chevy

Im a chevy man myself,but I dont care much for the new body style. The 2003-2006 is a better truck IMO. I must say the new f-150s are nice. Would take one over a new silverado. The new avalanches look better then the silverados,they could have done better.

fishinpox 07-28-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 182299)
with them rims you'll have to throw a couple JL 12" subs in it, beat down the block :smokin:


i'll put a 12 gauge in my mouth b4 i put that ghetto crap in ANY vehicle that i own! period! i hate that ghetto BS , i feel like an old man i yell at the kids in my neighborhood for blastin that horse **** up and down the street

meaux fishing 07-28-2010 11:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here you go Mike a platinum f150 customized just for you...

Montauk17 07-28-2010 11:58 PM

LMAO!!!!

Dink 07-29-2010 12:06 AM

OK all you haters..........the NEW dodge pulled all the awards out of GM and FORDS *** this year.............That's a bad *** truck and I'd LOVE to trade mine for a new one..........Bruce...........Go park your POS next to a new Dodge and see which you like..............Wife wants a new Acadia.........damn..........wanna trade My truck for a new Cummins!!!!!! I'd rather be Cummin than Strokin!!!! (sawthat on the back of a pickup today.....It was a 18yo girl drivin.........I spewed in my pants!!)

Montauk17 07-29-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 182313)
OK all you haters..........the NEW dodge pulled all the awards out of GM and FORDS *** this year.............That's a bad *** truck and I'd LOVE to trade mine for a new one..........Bruce...........Go park your POS next to a new Dodge and see which you like..............Wife wants a new Acadia.........damn..........wanna trade My truck for a new Cummins!!!!!! I'd rather be Cummin than Strokin!!!! (sawthat on the back of a pickup today.....It was a 18yo girl drivin.........I spewed in my pants!!)

You need help. :*****::help: I will admit the cummins is a great engine,but dodge does not make it. :spineyes: The interior on the older ones fell apart,and had alot of rearend and transmission problems. The new ones are still too new to say how reliable they will be.

meaux fishing 07-29-2010 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the back of Mikes new truck...

Dink 07-29-2010 12:19 AM

My 04 dash fell apart from Dryrot.....causing ac probs.....of course............AND My older vans have all had the Trans replaced before 50k miles............NOT true with the new ones........

Montauk17 07-29-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 182320)
My 04 dash fell apart from Dryrot.....causing ac probs.....of course............AND My older vans have all had the Trans replaced before 50k miles............NOT true with the new ones........

How do you know? Have you personally owned one and put it threw years of use? Nope....:spineyes: To each his own,I would never own a dodge.

all star rod 07-29-2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 182317)
You need help. :*****::help: I will admit the cummins is a great engine,but dodge does not make it. :spineyes: The interior on the older ones fell apart,and had alot of rearend and transmission problems. The new ones are still too new to say how reliable they will be.


Had a company truck for 2000 - 2006. Of course we got Dodge 1500 4 dooor trucks because they were cheaper than Ford and Chevy in price. Since they were lease trucks we got rid of them at 100K miles. Well the two I had did not last to 100K miles. Both had transmission problems and I never pulled anything. One was like at 70K and the other around 85K. I have to admit the new Dodge trucks are nice looking just not sure if they will hold up. I have a 2007 Chevy 1500 Silverado with close to 125K miles. Olny had to put brakes on it at 115K miles. When the new Dodge trucks came out, one of my uncles had a 2008 Toyota and he acutually got rid of it for a DODGE....:spineyes::spineyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted