Louisiana cell phone law
I received this information today and thought I would share it with all of you!
[SIZE=3]FYI: This law is going to be strictly enforced. Please remember if you happen to be involved in an accident, whether it is your fault or not, and it is determined you were on your hand held cell phone or texting (which can easily be determined) at the time of the accident, the insurance company will deny payment to you.[/SIZE] [SIZE=3][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://handsfreeinfo.com/louisiana-cell-phone-laws-legislation[/SIZE] [SIZE=3][/SIZE] [SIZE=3]FYI... NEW CELL PHONE LAW PASSED!!!!![/SIZE] [SIZE=3][/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Louisiana Senate Bill 863: Prohibits texting and handheld cell phone use for all drivers. This does not include hands free operation of mobile phones and use of two way radios. Primary offense. Fines of $175 plus court costs, and then $500 for any other offense. Primary enforcement (primary enforcement status means law officers could stop and cite violators solely for that offense)will begin Sunday, Aug 15, 2010. Please tell all drivers and employees who may be traveling in or thru the State of Louisiana of this new law[/SIZE] |
There's no way an insurance company can deny payment on a claim cuz you were on the phone. The ban applies to texting only anyway. I'll make cell phone calls where ever I please.
Besides, I don't think we need more laws, there are already laws that can punish you for distracted driving. |
LA Senate Bill 863 pertains to Millenium Port which was passed in 1999.
|
The cell phone (talking) part is BS, as is the denial of insurance coverage:
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
That is bull$hit, can't happen.
Don't believe every email |
Can happen, and probably will in the near future. Just not quite yet. ;)
|
Quote:
|
To some degree I agree with you, but it's a slippery slope. No cell phones leads to no GPS units, no iPods, no radios, no manual transmissions, then the law states that you must drive with 10 & 2 hand positions, etc. When does it end? :confused:
|
Quote:
Really, the texting crap needs to end. While good for my business sometimes, more times than not, the extent of damage from the accidents are beyond repair...And so are the people! I can't fix people or their families! I don't need the business that bad. |
They can't exclude paying for dwi damage. Legal is as legal does, no way to change contracts or exclude something that has not happened.
Premium Boy Regards |
This ain't New York. We still have the freedom to talk on the phone. I do it sometimes, but I prefer to pull over and talk. It really is safer. Texting while driving is just plain stupid.
|
I saw a young girl driving on the interstate the other day holding up traffic and had both arms through her steering wheel texting. Not one hand on the wheel but had her arms through it. I wanted to blow the horn and show her she is #1.
|
I recently payed a ticket for using my cell phone and operating a vehicle.
|
I've seen on the road:
women putting on makeup men putting on makeup masturbating while driving reading books reading newspaper eating sex looking at pron magazines I used to drive a truck for a living. The new phones coming out have voice text, so this will not be an issue soon. |
i read this is daily advertiser...
but if your older than 18, it doesn't apply to you unless you are texting. Nobody can text and drive. But if your older than 18 then you can make phone calls. Thats the way i took it when i read it in the newspaper. |
My boss was stoped at lunch for talking on his phone.
|
Btw he is 30
|
Everytime I pass a cop he is on his cell...
|
Quote:
|
so what is it???? over 18 perfectly legal to talk on the phone just no texting???
dont agree with the texting but dont see a problem with talking I think these law f(&*^)* suck, window tint laws and seat belt laws work my nerves too, hell if you cant talk on a phone just as soon be in a glass box in the vehicle so you dont talk to passengers "same difference" :pissed: |
Quote:
|
Here is the deal
The Louisiana Text Messaging Ban & Novice Cell Phone Law
Act No. 665, also known as Senate Bill 137 is Louisiana's new Text Messaging and Cell-Phone law. The new driving laws Prohibits Text Messaging by all Drivers and limits the use of Cell Phones by novice drivers. Novice driver's in Louisiana that hold a Class "E" learner's license are prohibited from making calls on a cell-phone or any wireless telecommunication device while driving unless the communication device is a Hands-Free device. One of the other new laws is Act No. 666, also known as Senate Bill 159. This new Louisiana Cell Phone law prohibits minors (17 years old and under) from using any type of wireless communication device while operating a motor vehicle. This includes text-messaging and cell-phone use. Devices not included in the new driving law are Push-to-Talk devices, Commercial Two-Way Radios and Citizen Band Radios. Louisiana Cell Phone Law for the First Time License Holder Act No. 667, also known as Senate Bill 342 prohibits a first time license holder from using a Cell phone for any purpose while operating a motor vehicle. The newly licensed driver cannot use a cell phone while driving for 1 year from the date the license was issued. This new driving law does not apply to the first time State of Louisiana license holder who was legally licensed in another state. he Louisiana School Bus Driver Cell Phone Law Act No. 335 , also known as House Bill 402 prohibits School Bus drivers from engaging in calls on a Cellular phone while driving the School Bus. The new Louisiana Driving Law does provide exceptions for emergency situations. That said, there is already a law called RECKLESS OPERATION, therefore, there is no need to create MORE LAWS. Just enforce the ones we already have! It is indeed a slippery slope. |
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted