SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How many of you guys carry? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13225)

simplepeddler 08-22-2010 11:51 AM

How many of you guys carry?
 
How many of you guys pack pistols on a daily basis?
Do you have the ccw permit?

What is the state law for packing in your vehicle?

jchief 08-22-2010 12:02 PM

In Louisiana your vehicle is considered an extension of your home as far as weapons are concerned. You can have a weapon any where in it. You should let an officer know if you are stopped that you have a weapon in your vehicle.

I don't have a ccw yet. I am probably going to get it very soon.

FF_T_Warren 08-22-2010 12:04 PM

I want to get my ccw pretty soon

Sea-Trac Offshore 08-22-2010 12:15 PM

I carry in the car and boat but not on person as no permit.

longcast 08-22-2010 12:22 PM

U can carry on your person as long as it's visible.my brother inlaw carries all the time. 45 on his side. No permit

Dink 08-22-2010 12:23 PM

I've been lulled o er in Texas with pistol in truck......I told the trooper I had it, he said I'm really not supposed to do that, but no trooper would give me a hard time about it......I always have gun in car or truck

Ray 08-22-2010 12:26 PM

I carry cause I have to drive thru all the democrats in NOLA at 3:30 am on the way to work. They are not likely to want to jack the old Ford, but they might think I have some cash in my wallet. No permit. Not worried about one either.

bay_slayer 08-22-2010 12:38 PM

I carry everywhere I go. If you get a permit and have to use the gun you can have bigger consequences, because of the responsibility of the permit. I will probably never get a permit for that sole reason. Like the saying goes "I'd rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6".

2ndamendment 08-22-2010 12:40 PM

We all should have access in the home,vehicle, boat, RV, on person, etc. This would no doubt curtail majority of the crimes against people.
Support the 2nd amendment.

southern151 08-22-2010 12:45 PM

I don't carry on a regular basis but traveling this weekend through TX with my wife and kids in areas we didn't know, I most certainly did. Sad we live in a world where we have to think that way but, I'm not willing to take a chance with their wellbeing or mine!

I do not possess the ccp either. Like it has been said, "I'd rather it be 12 than 6!"

LaAngler 08-22-2010 02:44 PM

gun? what gun? ;)

Dink 08-22-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 188373)
gun? what gun? ;)

Your the only one that feels threatened enough in Walgreens to carry in one........

Jordan 08-22-2010 03:22 PM

i carry, but dont advertise it..

ShadMan 08-22-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 188347)
I've been lulled o er in Texas with pistol in truck......I told the trooper I had it, he said I'm really not supposed to do that, but no trooper would give me a hard time about it......I always have gun in car or truck

It's 100% legal to carry a concealed weapon in your car in Texas (since 2007). You don't need to inform an officer unless they ask you.

I carry in my car all the time and on me most of the time...sometimes more than one, depending on where I'm going. :)

"H" 08-22-2010 04:04 PM

Had a cc permit for 9yrs, don't go very many places without protection. Baton Rouge has been listed as one of the top 5 most violent cities in the US.

Remember - when secounds count the police can be there in mere minutes.

"H" 08-22-2010 04:07 PM

Join the NRA
it's important!

jchief 08-22-2010 04:31 PM

Mail
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by "H" (Post 188393)
Join the NRA
it's important!


I was a member for years. When they would not stop sending requests for more money after I had asked them many times, I dropped my membership.

"H" 08-22-2010 04:35 PM

Don't mean to hi-jack this thread but.....the NRA may not be perfect but they are the only ones strong enough to fight against the liberals in Washington DC

fishinpox 08-22-2010 04:56 PM

i carry a 45 in my truck at all times , i always have a handgun on the boat gonna start bringing the AR on the boat ... as far as packing on my person i dont have a permit but i carry when im walking around in nola, if i walk the dogs after dark, if i just got paid a large cash job . i dont know if i want my ccw permit . i dont drink so i dont see me having to use a gun i had concealed a problem because my judgement is never impaired by drugs or booze . my ex wife packs a 9mm glock everyday in her purse

speck-chaser 08-22-2010 05:08 PM

Always pack heat in both vehichles,had ccp. for 2 terms,but have let it go,When I decide to carry on my person, Im not gonna let not having a permit stop me.

Ray 08-22-2010 06:00 PM

If I shoot some democrat trying to take my money or freedom, I don't want the po-po
telling me I should have known better cause I carry a CCP. I want to be the poor
joe on the street who don't know the law, just trying to protect himself and his family.

ShadMan 08-22-2010 07:27 PM

Having a permit means being no-billed if you shoot someone in self defense. Without a permit, you're gonna be explaining to a jury. If you carry, get a permit and save yourself tens of thousands of dollars if you ever have to use it...especially if you are carrying it in a convenience store that sells alcohol. Shooting someone while you are committing a felony is a capital offense (possible death penalty).

Bluechip 08-22-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 188465)
Having a permit means being no-billed if you shoot someone in self defense. Without a permit, you're gonna be explaining to a jury. If you carry, get a permit and save yourself tens of thousands of dollars if you ever have to use it.

You are correct.;)

Dink 08-22-2010 07:33 PM

There was a fella that shot a mugger while he was leaving a bar.....he wasn't supposed to have it in there, but they didn't care.....he shot and killed the Guy that was robbing a woman outside......he was hailed as a hero in the new Orleans area

hankscke123 08-22-2010 08:58 PM

I
carry 45 auto and wife 40 hand k

Ray 08-22-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 188465)
Shooting someone while you are committing a felony is a capital offense (possible death penalty).

I never said anything about shooting someone while committing a felony.
I said I would to protect myself or my family.
How would having a CCP help anyone get out of a shooting offense?

speck-chaser 08-22-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hankscke123 (Post 188507)
I
carry 45 auto and wife 40 hand k


hand k ernade? lol:D

mikedatiger 08-22-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 188384)
It's 100% legal to carry a concealed weapon in your car in Texas (since 2007). You don't need to inform an officer unless they ask you.

I carry in my car all the time and on me most of the time...sometimes more than one, depending on where I'm going. :)

someone told me that you can legally "transport" a weapon in tx, but you can't have one "concealed" without a permit. i keep meaning to check on the legal aspect, but was told to inform the officer that I am transporting the weapon from point a to point b.

Dink 08-23-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 188510)
I never said anything about shooting someone while committing a felony.
I said I would to protect myself or my family.
How would having a CCP help anyone get out of a shooting offense?

What he's saying is, carrying one without the permit is a felony

LaAngler 08-23-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 188577)
What he's saying is, carrying one without the permit is a felony

that is incorrect info

Uncle Barty 08-23-2010 03:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
bang...

LSUh20fowler 08-23-2010 05:23 AM

I have my ccp. I carry everyday everywhere I go. I put it on when I get dressed just like putting my wallett or knife in my pocket. I don't live in the city, but they have stupid people everywhere. I can't control their actions, but I can protect people in my vicinity. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

M&P .40
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/z...50628691-3.jpg

"H" 08-23-2010 06:38 AM

whether you have a permit or not, if you get pulled over by a police officer the first thing you should do is advise him you have a weapon, where it is located and how HE would like to handle the situation.

Zachary Boy 08-23-2010 07:11 AM

S & W 686 (357) and Tauras 40cal. I call them the judge and the jury...

ShadMan 08-23-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 188577)
What he's saying is, carrying one without the permit is a felony

No, but carrying one where alcohol is sold (e.g. a convenience store) without a permit is a felony, at least in TX. I assume it would be the same in LA (since TX has reciprocity with LA for CHL/CCW), but I could be wrong.


Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedatiger (Post 188537)
someone told me that you can legally "transport" a weapon in tx, but you can't have one "concealed" without a permit. i keep meaning to check on the legal aspect, but was told to inform the officer that I am transporting the weapon from point a to point b.

This is incorrect. In September 2007 the Castle Doctrine was passed in TX which makes it perfectly legal to conceal a weapon in your vehicle 24/7 with a few exceptions (e.g. on school property, when drunk, while committing a crime, etc). Prior to this, there was always a "travel defense" in TX, but it was just that...a defense. You may beat the rap with it, but you wouldn't beat the ride. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 188510)
I never said anything about shooting someone while committing a felony.
I said I would to protect myself or my family.
How would having a CCP help anyone get out of a shooting offense?

See above. ;)

Huntnmofo 08-23-2010 10:10 AM

I carry in my vehicle and on my person all the time. I do have the ccw's permit! I was a police officer and saw what kind of people are out there. It is better to have and not need than not have and need. Remember, police are only there to clean up and file the paperwork. They are hardly ever there in time to stop anything, I know this first hand!!

Ray 08-23-2010 08:21 PM

I have no problem shooting anyone who is threatening me or my wife.
If I have to go to court over it, then fine. I still won't have any issue
with protecting family, even if I have to go to jail over it.
When La. passed a law making it justifiable homicide to kill anyone
trying to carjack you, the first night it was in effect, 2 guys in NOLA
killed a carjacker and bragged about it to the TV station. It made the
democrats think about it till Katrina came thru. Now they are at it again.
That is why I carry thru there.

ShadMan 08-23-2010 09:40 PM

I definitely agree that I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, but the $250 or so it costs for a CCW/CHL is a cheap investment to save tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees and at least a couple days of jail time (and possibly getting fired over it).

southern151 08-23-2010 09:47 PM

My moms instructor for ccp told her class that even if justified plan on $25k on attorney fees. Remember, cleared criminally doesn't clear you in the civil courts.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted