SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Contraband Game Wardens (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18232)

SaltERedneck 05-04-2011 09:25 AM

Contraband Game Wardens
 
Had the luxury of getting stopped by a game warden this past Friday on Prien Lake.:pissed: They were checking for life jackets, throws, and fire extinguishers (AKA ALCOHOL). Made the news for it!! Burned my britches when i couldnt find my fire extinguisher... after 10 minutes of searching and the officer almost completing the ticket.... BAM I FOUDN IT!!! It somehow rolled under my hull. Officer was talking into the camera the whole time... SHOW BOAT. Check your boats before going to Contraband or fishing on the weekends. Everyone is getting stopped.

Raymond 05-04-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 249809)
Had the luxury of getting stopped by a game warden this past Friday on Prien Lake.:pissed: They were checking for life jackets, throws, and fire extinguishers (AKA ALCOHOL). Made the news for it!! Burned my britches when i couldnt find my fire extinguisher... after 10 minutes of searching and the officer almost completing the ticket.... BAM I FOUDN IT!!! It somehow rolled under my hull. Officer was talking into the camera the whole time... SHOW BOAT. Check your boats before going to Contraband or fishing on the weekends. Everyone is getting stopped.

I agree that sometimes they go a little overboard but for the most part the G/W's are the good guys doing their jobs. Like all things in this world, no one ever talks about the good things they do everyday.;)

Duck Butter 05-04-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 249811)
I agree that sometimes they go a little overboard but for the most part the G/W's are the good guys doing their jobs. Like all things in this world, no one ever talks about the good things they do everyday.;)

:)

SaltERedneck 05-04-2011 09:44 AM

ohh I TOTALLY agree 100%... They were there to protect the public. I was just warning everyone to check before they go in order to avoid a ticket. My beef was with myself, as I usually know where everything is in my boat.

Duck Butter 05-04-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 249815)
ohh I TOTALLY agree 100%... They were there to protect the public. I was just warning everyone to check before they go in order to avoid a ticket. My beef was with myself, as I usually know where everything is in my boat.

Yep, I have a 15' boat and now you have to wear the life jackets when you are running and I got a warning last year about having to have a fire extinguisher because i have a floor in the boat. Did you have to sign a release or anything for them to use your pic on TV?

LaAngler 05-04-2011 10:04 AM

LDWF trys to ruin contraband every year

Wardens do a very different job than it may appear

eman 05-04-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 249816)
Yep, I have a 15' boat and now you have to wear the life jackets when you are running and I got a warning last year about having to have a fire extinguisher because i have a floor in the boat. Did you have to sign a release or anything for them to use your pic on TV?

they can't use your pic w/o your permission.

SaltERedneck 05-04-2011 10:07 AM

NO i didnt get to sign nor was i offered any kind of release. It was on KPLC Friday and on the website now. kplctv.com under the news thread.

Raymond 05-04-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 249822)
NO i didnt get to sign nor was i offered any kind of release. It was on KPLC Friday and on the website now. kplctv.com under the news thread.

Dat you wit da Grill and Bulls Jersey??:*****:

Lake Chuck Duck 05-04-2011 10:28 AM

One year I got stopped 4 times in one day.

SaltERedneck 05-04-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 249825)
Dat you wit da Grill and Bulls Jersey??:*****:


Nah i am wearing a tan colored columbia shirt... brown hair. all you can see is the side view. theres an old man in da boat wit me. Thread reads "LDWF enforces boating safety for Contraband days"http://kplc.images.worldnow.com/images/14541098_BG1.jpg

Micah 05-04-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 249822)
NO i didnt get to sign nor was i offered any kind of release. It was on KPLC Friday and on the website now. kplctv.com under the news thread.

Remind me to get your autograph next time I see you.

SaltERedneck 05-04-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh Boy (Post 249829)
Remind me to get your autograph next time I see you.

Keep talk da trash... Who's boat you gonna be fishing in on your day off?? oh thats right.

Raymond 05-04-2011 10:52 AM

That's Remy Broussard doing your check, he is a good dood unless you B illegal.:D

Lake Chuck Duck 05-04-2011 10:53 AM

Hey Raymond, is that the same officer that spoke at the CCA seminar?

SaltERedneck 05-04-2011 10:55 AM

Yeah buddy they were super nice about it... I dont drink alcohol soo that wasnt a problem. It was the "OH CRAP" moment when i couldnt find the extinguisher I knew was there. My boat is up to specs... I made sure of that.

Raymond 05-04-2011 10:56 AM

Yes, same one LCD;)

Finfeatherfur 05-04-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 249819)
they can't use your pic w/o your permission.

Uhhhhhhhhh........yes they can! It's called "news" in the public eye! Unless you tell them to blur your face, they have every right to air on TV the video which is shot in the public view.

Hydro 05-04-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 249827)
One year I got stopped 4 times in one day.


3x in one day, leaving the landing, in the ship channel, and back at the landing... Seems like it was around Contraband as well...

Life jackets on, kill switch, straight and level down the ship channel with my daughter on board... When we were being checked, a cigarrette boat (flame job and all) blew by at mach 5 with waaaaay too many people on board waving their longneck beer bottles at us...

I know these guys are doing their jobs, but come on ....

eman 05-04-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 250002)
3x in one day, leaving the landing, in the ship channel, and back at the landing... Seems like it was around Contraband as well...

Life jackets on, kill switch, straight and level down the ship channel with my daughter on board... When we were being checked, a cigarrette boat (flame job and all) blew by at mach 5 with waaaaay too many people on board waving their longneck beer bottles at us...

I know these guys are doing their jobs, but come on ....

Dont go to grand isle !!! 4 times a day is the norm in the summer.
You got LDWF and the coasties. At least w/ the coasties you can show em your yellow sheet.
LDWF is worse than a pilgrum .They will run up on you and screw up the fishin real fast.

weedeater 05-04-2011 07:41 PM

got stoped at launch in moss bluff in a no wake zone sitting still and almost go swamped by a guy flyin by in a bass boat and the warden never looked up

Ray 05-08-2011 08:25 PM

LDWF posted on their website and Facebook that they would be out in force for Contraband Days doing boating compliance checks.
They check almost everyone.
Sheriff's Dept. only stopes you if you are screwing up.
USCG mostly stops you if you are screwing up, but they are now stopping most of
the bigger boats making sure their poop tanks are not pumped overboard.

tgsx750f2000 05-08-2011 10:32 PM

I was stopped by uscg wed for safety check.

Ray 05-09-2011 10:19 AM

USCG keeps 4 boats in the water.
3 for port security and 1 for boat compliance.
So get ready for more stops by USCG.
But they are not near as bad as the LDWF.

First weekend of Contraband Days, there were
4 Texas go fast boats that got popped for DWI.
Those are the kind of people they are watching
out for. Them guys burn around $1200/day in
gas, just zipping around showing off.

cmdrost 05-09-2011 10:30 AM

I was ready to get stopped as I saw flashing lights coming my way. I was at idle speed and as upcoming officer approached with his lights on, my 5 yr old son yells "ahoy matey" I could hear the officer laugh and he just waved at him and kept going. :rotfl:

ETA - yes the go fast boats are the ones to watch out for.

LaAngler 05-09-2011 10:38 AM

I wonder why they leave the boaters on big lake alone, but anyone near the headquarters is fair game


($$$$)

Raymond 05-09-2011 10:46 AM

I tried to get LDWF to check me yesterday but they said if I was dumb enough to be out there fishing in a 18' aluminium boat it was all good.:eek:

Lake Chuck Duck 05-09-2011 11:31 AM

I was in turner's one day and LDWF just idled around to every single boat and checked equipment and catches. Jordan was in the boat closest to me. I just set my pole down and stood there cuz I knew I was next.

Gerald 05-09-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 251657)
I wonder why they leave the boaters on big lake alone, but anyone near the headquarters is fair game


($$$$)


I was checked by LDWF on the south end of Big Lake a coupe of months ago.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted