Spinner baits.....
What is the most durable and /or favorite spinner baits for reds.....
Ive been throwin marsh works & strike king..... Marsh works is heavy duty but $$ Strike king has straightened on me a few times and even come un- clamped..... What's yalls experience?? |
I use the inline spinners from Terminator lures. The can take some abuse! My friend gave me one and it has held up to some big reds....so i bought 3 more. Also look at bayou buck lures ...seem pretty good.
|
I threw a no name in line spinner tues...... Nice in the grass!!!
I'll look into that brand! |
Marsh works is the only ones I have found that last.
|
i like the redfish magic because its easy to change up tails i found you can buy just the spinner and use what ever jig you want
|
I've used jenny's jigs and marshworks they seem about the same.
|
have yall tried the marsh works buzz bait, if so how do they do as far as produceing fish
|
Marshworks spinnerbaits the only way to go. Heavy duty and a sharp mustad 4/0 hook. I like to throw the buzz bait over grass beds and for the early morning bite
|
Quote:
2)SK Redfish Magic, they hold up good, got a little more thump than the marsh works, and the blades don't tarnish as bad as the Jenny's jigs |
Get the marshworks........you a big baller!!!! What's the problem????
|
http://www.marsh-works.com/images/Croakaine-spinner.jpg
That one looks nice, never tried the Marsh Works Spinners |
Marsh works spinners = amazing
|
Marsh Works has some in-line spinners now too that I've heard some good talk about just haven't had the chance to try em out yet.
|
in-line spinners from Bayou Buck Lures are heavy duty also!
|
U can tow a truck with the marshworks spinnerbaits! All I use
|
Quote:
|
Glad you guys like the spinners so much!! Makes ya feel good when hard work pays off with compliments like these! Thanks guys from all of us @ Marsh Works!
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
Have they gotten bent when we sight fished and picked the wrong one (bull red), yes they have, but it takes 15 seconds to bend it right back and get right back on the casting deck to sight some more. Again...just my two cents. |
But what makes the marsh works so much better than the Strike kings is that when you accidentally catch that bull red is that you don't need to bend it back in shape! The main reason I've stopped using the sk's is cause their hooks suck. The last 2 times I used them I've had fish straighten them out.
|
Marshworks FTW
|
The inline spinners are always made weedless and you can change the hook out if you dont like the one it comes with. I have hooked some big reds and never had to bend anthing .Spinners are good in open marsh water ...but when you want to pull them out the grass the inline is the way to go
|
Marsh Works with a purple thang thumper = Redfish crack
I like throwing the inline spinners and buzz baits as well. Nothing like working a lure over the top of some grass and you see it twitch as the lure gets close and it explodes. For heavy grass I throw their spoon. I always have one tied on. It slides on top and looks like something is running away and the fish hammer it over and over again. If anyone is in the Metairie area Chag's has plenty! |
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted