SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   toledo fisherman (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19036)

codaman 05-30-2011 10:02 AM

toledo fisherman
 
hi new to group and noticed a few of you talk about toledo i have a camp up there an try to go at least once a month . if you would like to talk toledo send me a message

ScubaLatt 05-30-2011 09:54 PM

where is your camp? Ours is on the Texas side just over the Dam. We fish Indian Creek, Buck Creek and Mill Creek mostly.

LPfishnTIM 05-30-2011 10:06 PM

Welcome to the site! It gets muddy up in here sometimes! But everyone always comes back!

codaman 05-31-2011 06:47 AM

thanlk for the welcome . my camp is located on patroon just above the bridge

RODBENDER 05-31-2011 11:21 AM

I have a few buddies who love to fish that area!

huntin fool 05-31-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codaman (Post 260289)
thanlk for the welcome . my camp is located on patroon just above the bridge

buddies camp is in patroon. We fish mid and south side of the lake. Never really fish north

jchief 05-31-2011 01:33 PM

Got a camp at Buckeye, by Big Bass. Fish the South end mostly

Welcome

YellowMouth7 05-31-2011 03:59 PM

dads place is on Lannan......love Patroon though BIG bass in their.....

TB

weedeater 05-31-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaLatt (Post 260213)
where is your camp? Ours is on the Texas side just over the Dam. We fish Indian Creek, Buck Creek and Mill Creek mostly.


so yall made a trip to fish Milll Crk, how did yall like it? I fished Buck Crk a few weeks ago, realy pretty area but no luck but i will go back

RatherBFishin 05-31-2011 04:34 PM

My camp is in Daimond Cove/Arnold. I fish mainly south of the bridge most of the time. Never been to patroon fishing but scouted it during duck season. I like the big flats at the north mouth.

RatherBFishin 05-31-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 260539)
so yall made a trip to fish Milll Crk, how did yall like it? I fished Buck Crk a few weeks ago, realy pretty area but no luck but i will go back


Put on a 4 inch watermelon red Senko in buck creek. Its my go-to place for 14-16 inch fish anytime im down south. Throw to the bank and work it slowly back to the boat. Don't be afraid to let it sit in 12-15 feet. Alot of people beat those banks and travel right over some good fish just offshore.

weedeater 05-31-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBFishin (Post 260556)
Put on a 4 inch watermelon red Senko in buck creek. Its my go-to place for 14-16 inch fish anytime im down south. Throw to the bank and work it slowly back to the boat. Don't be afraid to let it sit in 12-15 feet. Alot of people beat those banks and travel right over some good fish just offshore.

yall fish toward the back of Buck Crk? i picked a few up but no keepers, i will be back in there my place is at indian crk so its just a skip over

jchief 06-01-2011 05:09 AM

We oughta try a night tourney on Toledo in July.

codaman 06-01-2011 02:58 PM

yea I like protoon, plenty of places to fish. hope we get some water soon

Jedi Lure Tricks 06-01-2011 06:55 PM

I usually fish out of my buddies camp in Lanan.. airport cove. But we fish all over, from 1215 to Six Mile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 260786)
We oughta try a night tourney on Toledo in July.

that could be fun..

weedeater 06-01-2011 07:14 PM

if it gets much hotter i will be fishin at night or tradein my rods in for scuba gear and a speer gun

huntin fool 06-01-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 260786)
We oughta try a night tourney on Toledo in July.

I hope yall write yall's WILLS before yall go out that night.. This low water-at night=not good

RatherBFishin 06-02-2011 10:09 AM

Dinks in the back. I fish out towards the mouth near deeper water

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 260736)
yall fish toward the back of Buck Crk? i picked a few up but no keepers, i will be back in there my place is at indian crk so its just a skip over


RonnieF 06-02-2011 03:58 PM

My camp's in the first cove north of where 1215 hits the water in San Miguel. I spent 7 years at Turtle Beach fishing south from there in Negreet.

Ronnie

weedeater 06-02-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieF (Post 261541)
My camp's in the first cove north of where 1215 hits the water in San Miguel. I spent 7 years at Turtle Beach fishing south from there in Negreet.

Ronnie

we use to be off stonewall jackson road close to there, pretty good fishin. my grandpa has caught some monster cats on that end of lake, had one that would have been a record but you know how old men are he didnt get it weighed at offical scales

RonnieF 06-03-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 261544)
we use to be off stonewall jackson road close to there, pretty good fishin. my grandpa has caught some monster cats on that end of lake, had one that would have been a record but you know how old men are he didnt get it weighed at offical scales

Couple weeks ago, i caught a small catfish off my boat dock on a spook jr around midnight. Caught another catfish on an H2O Sammy imitator a few days later midday in my kayak!! I'm on N Apache, a dead end road.
My neighbor has talked about catching some nice catfish just outside of the cove on troutlines.

Ronnie

weedeater 06-03-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieF (Post 262000)
Couple weeks ago, i caught a small catfish off my boat dock on a spook jr around midnight. Caught another catfish on an H2O Sammy imitator a few days later midday in my kayak!! I'm on N Apache, a dead end road.
My neighbor has talked about catching some nice catfish just outside of the cove on troutlines.

Ronnie

i know my grandpa has got sevral over 60lb up there, pulled some real nice ones out of the cove there just south of you and we had a perch hole just north of you that we would murder the perch in

weedeater 06-03-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieF (Post 262000)
Couple weeks ago, i caught a small catfish off my boat dock on a spook jr around midnight. Caught another catfish on an H2O Sammy imitator a few days later midday in my kayak!! I'm on N Apache, a dead end road.
My neighbor has talked about catching some nice catfish just outside of the cove on troutlines.

Ronnie

not sure how long you have had the camp there but you may know my grandpa, Pete Andrus

RonnieF 06-05-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 262171)
not sure how long you have had the camp there but you may know my grandpa, Pete Andrus

I sure don't, at least not yet. We just bought the camp in November. I see a lot of people perch fishing just out of the cove to the right, I guess that's northeast, in that stump field, and around that corner. I caught a few nice bass in these areas out of my kayak. Big deer tracks in the sand too!!
I know i've seen stonewall jackson road, just can't remember where. CRS disease. Is it on the other side of the cove?

Ronnie

weedeater 06-05-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieF (Post 262963)
I sure don't, at least not yet. We just bought the camp in November. I see a lot of people perch fishing just out of the cove to the right, I guess that's northeast, in that stump field, and around that corner. I caught a few nice bass in these areas out of my kayak. Big deer tracks in the sand too!!
I know i've seen stonewall jackson road, just can't remember where. CRS disease. Is it on the other side of the cove?

Ronnie

if you launch at the end of 1215 you pass it, there is a gas station/ grocery store on the left then stonewall jackson is on the right then you will get to old yeller" thats the old camp at the launch. if you ask around their are alot of people that know him in that area, that are you talk about the stump field has a creek that runs through and it gets deep lots of perch there. if you launch at 1215 and follow the bank out and then around to the right there is some old sunk barges and then a long warf that has a tee at the end with a floatin dock, if floatin dock is still there, fish the end when water is up thats our old place it looks like a old grey 2 story place, big perch there

RonnieF 06-05-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 263003)
if you launch at the end of 1215 you pass it, there is a gas station/ grocery store on the left then stonewall jackson is on the right then you will get to old yeller" thats the old camp at the launch. if you ask around their are alot of people that know him in that area, that are you talk about the stump field has a creek that runs through and it gets deep lots of perch there. if you launch at 1215 and follow the bank out and then around to the right there is some old sunk barges and then a long warf that has a tee at the end with a floatin dock, if floatin dock is still there, fish the end when water is up thats our old place it looks like a old grey 2 story place, big perch there

I've seen the barges, they are outta the water now. I'm gonna check out that warf. I'm lucky, my neighbor at the end of the road has a ramp that is launchable to 160' i believe. Oh yea, i remember the road now. We've rode around on that side, just looking around.
Thanks for the tip on the warf!! There are some nice camps in the area. I was thinking there might be a creek running through that stump field. I've gone through it in my kayak, but not my big boat. No depth finder on my kayay, YET!! Following that bank, around the corner from my camp, there's a little pocket/cove with a very clear area, like it was a pasture or something, without stumps. There are a lot of nice cypress trees along that bank to fish when the water comes back up.
There will probably be 10 boats on that dock tomorrow!!! LOL

weedeater 06-05-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieF (Post 263028)
I've seen the barges, they are outta the water now. I'm gonna check out that warf. I'm lucky, my neighbor at the end of the road has a ramp that is launchable to 160' i believe. Oh yea, i remember the road now. We've rode around on that side, just looking around.
Thanks for the tip on the warf!! There are some nice camps in the area. I was thinking there might be a creek running through that stump field. I've gone through it in my kayak, but not my big boat. No depth finder on my kayay, YET!! Following that bank, around the corner from my camp, there's a little pocket/cove with a very clear area, like it was a pasture or something, without stumps. There are a lot of nice cypress trees along that bank to fish when the water comes back up.
There will probably be 10 boats on that dock tomorrow!!! LOL


they wastin their time right now, it would be very shallow

RonnieF 06-05-2011 10:41 PM

Do you miss the camp?

weedeater 06-06-2011 05:28 AM

[QUOTE=RonnieF;263109]Do you miss the camp?[/QUOTE

well i have a new place by the dam and so far i am happy there, more places to launch with low water and alittle more protected from wind. i can be at my place now in an hour and half and if i want to fish north endd i can leave where i am and get there quick enuff. i have not fished any of the lake as much as i would like but i do notice water is alot cleaner on south end and seems like more places to do the type of fishin i enjoy plus i am wantin to get into some sight fishin and you can ddo that on south end more.

RonnieF 06-06-2011 06:38 AM

I understand that sight fishing bug. That is a blast. Kind of like playing with a cat, but underwater!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted