SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   DIY Forum (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Wood Flooring Part #1 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19089)

Jordan 05-31-2011 03:06 PM

Wood Flooring Part #1
 
5 Attachment(s)
Got the wild hair yesterday evening to start my wood flooring project. What a pain in the a$$ without the right tools. Ripped up 1/2 of the living room old flooring and laid down the foam. Then the fun part began..........starting the first "run" was a pain in the *** when you dont know what your doing...


Sorry for the blurry pics

longcast 05-31-2011 04:06 PM

It's looking good bro. I think. Lol. I am no builder but I'm going through the same ****. I'm remodeling my man cave from the beginning. It sucks when you don't know what the heck your doing. Good luck bro.

Jordan 06-07-2011 07:23 PM

Part 2. Had to fix a 2' by 16" hole by front door due to rain leaking through the light fixture outside.

Got past the sc vents, its easy money now

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

speck-chaser 06-07-2011 07:25 PM

r u starting at 2 walls and meeting them in the middle?

Jordan 06-07-2011 07:28 PM

Roger, done under the entertainment center first and working to the other end. Get the $20 kit.... Makes it easier

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Jordan 06-07-2011 07:29 PM

http://tapatalk.com/mu/cdf25f84-c25b-450c.jpg

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

speck-chaser 06-07-2011 07:29 PM

hope it meets up in the middle for ya!!

Jordan 06-07-2011 07:30 PM

http://tapatalk.com/mu/cdf25f84-c288-2496.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/cdf25f84-c299-6895.jpg

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Jordan 06-07-2011 07:32 PM

I see what ur saying,no i started on one wall and going across the living room to the other..... I thought u meant one wall that connected to another wall. That's not the case.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Top Dawg 06-07-2011 07:58 PM

Bout to do mines. But ima have them install it. I ain't got the time or do I want to do it.

Bluechip 06-07-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 264464)
Bout to do mines. But ima have them install it. I ain't got the time or do I want to do it.

And you got that "fat check"....;)

Top Dawg 06-07-2011 08:04 PM

Lol guess u know where the cash is goin

iron man 06-07-2011 08:13 PM

Boy was that a pain in the asthma attack to do at my house with a grumpy old man and a 4 year old...

aidan 06-07-2011 09:32 PM

hahhah my dad does it for a living and i help him all summer so its easy after u get the first row done

fishfinder 06-09-2011 10:43 PM

Need a level fondation, dips in a slab are a @#$!%

DUCKGOGETTER 06-10-2011 07:12 AM

Looks good jordan

southern151 06-10-2011 08:07 AM

You better have that stuff done before your boss gets back from vacation!

Jordan 06-10-2011 08:32 AM

she'll be alright.... i told her not to expect it to be complete when she gets back...

Salty 06-10-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 266100)
she told me not to be here if it's not complete when she gets back...

That sounds more like it.

Jordan 06-10-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 266277)
That sounds more like it.


shut up old man....:spineyes:

Feesherman 06-14-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 264464)
Bout to do mines. But ima have them install it. I ain't got the time or do I want to do it.


Don blame you, I will never do it again!!

SaltyShaw 06-14-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 268580)
Don blame you, I will never do it again!!

awwww man this is making me not want to do mine . . . . . :help:

Feesherman 06-14-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyShaw (Post 268617)
awwww man this is making me not want to do mine . . . . . :help:

I would suggest a good pair of knee pads!

Jordan 06-30-2011 12:25 PM

About to start on the kitchen. Does anyone know if i have to tear up linoleum or can i lay the foam and wood over it ??

fishinpox 06-30-2011 12:35 PM

Put the foam down n go on top the lin.

Jordan 06-30-2011 04:10 PM

10-fo, thanks mike. I knew you were good for something...

jldsc 06-30-2011 04:39 PM

just got finished doing the same thing in my house also Jordon, you can put that flooring over just about anything as long as its fairly smooth and level..and that you have your clear plastic foam layer for a moisture barrier...tell ya wife not to get a wet mop on those floors or they will start to bucle for sure, mine has been using that swifer mop thing..

Jordan 06-30-2011 05:08 PM

no wife here. I use the swiffer for sure.

jldsc 06-30-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 278354)
no wife here. I use the swiffer for sure.

oh my bad..haha

Jordan 06-30-2011 05:46 PM

no problem.....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted