SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Saltycajun Team Reporters... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2075)

"W" 08-10-2009 12:55 PM

Saltycajun Team Reporters...
 
Im looking for some guys who can stand out as Pro Staff members on the saltycajun.... I need a guy to represent each of these areas listed below! IF you fish this area and can be a go to guy please let me know! Im going try to put together a Pro Staff Team to help out guys new to an area....
Thanks W

False River
Henderson
Toledo Bend
Mermentau River

Cocodrie
Vermilion Bay
Buras
Grand Isle
Lake Pontchartrain
Vencie
Sabin Lake

Any other areas I missed are more than Welcome

BigCoon 08-10-2009 01:00 PM

I could report on Big Lake if you need someone.

Hopedale Hustler 08-10-2009 01:01 PM

now how you not even gonna have the most popular trout fishing destination in the east..Breton Sound

Hopedale Hustler 08-10-2009 01:02 PM

also im offshore in venice once a week..

yak'em-n-stack'em 08-10-2009 01:02 PM

i know hustler will know more about hopedale than i will, but i know some about kayaking in hopedale, chalmette, point a la hache, and around baton rouge

Montauk17 08-10-2009 01:03 PM

I could help with vermillion bay and possibly henderson if it ever gets right again.

Hopedale Hustler 08-10-2009 01:07 PM

It acctually should Be Breton Sound/Chandeleur Islands all in one....if u need soembody for it..i got it under control...also offshore venice..

Dink 08-10-2009 01:08 PM

This is great!! your gonna pay me to go fish?? Send my check and I'll get after it bra!

"W" 08-10-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 31489)
This is great!! your gonna pay me to go fish?? Send my check and I'll get after it bra!

Tim....You just stick to trying to catch fish!!!!:*****::*****::*****:

Thanks guys for the help....We will pick guys from one area and put you as the go to guy......

BigCoon 08-10-2009 01:16 PM

I don't want to get paid, I just love to fish.

Hopedale Hustler 08-10-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCoon (Post 31495)
I don't want to get paid, I just love to fish.

i get paid to fish on some weekends..haha..it makes you love it even more..

BigCoon 08-10-2009 01:20 PM

That must be real nice. How do you get paid to fish?

Hopedale Hustler 08-10-2009 01:22 PM

i deck hand alot...and work the marina alot...its a fall back for when i get laid off from the plant....

BigCoon 08-10-2009 01:26 PM

Sounds neat. How could someone get a gig like that? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, just curious.

Hopedale Hustler 08-10-2009 01:31 PM

nah its cool...just gotta know somebody..like i thought we was gonna have a opening for a deckhand about a month ago..and i was gonna try to hook yack em up..but mah bossman told his neighbors son to come...i just been fishing hopedale all mah life and thats how i got the marina gig..

RaginCagin 08-10-2009 01:35 PM

If you decide to do anything for deer hunting I can def. keep you up to date for central Louisiana.

BigCoon 08-10-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler (Post 31504)
nah its cool...just gotta know somebody..like i thought we was gonna have a opening for a deckhand about a month ago..and i was gonna try to hook yack em up..but mah bossman told his neighbors son to come...i just been fishing hopedale all mah life and thats how i got the marina gig..

Thanks for the information. If you ever need a hand, please let me know.

wtretrievers 08-10-2009 02:01 PM

May be able to help ya out on False River, being that it's only 30 mins away & I fish it a good bit, even when I'm not always got an ear out for whats going on over there.

huntin fool 08-10-2009 02:12 PM

what about the calcasieu river????

wtretrievers 08-10-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 31526)
what about the calcasieu river????

Dont think that needed mentioning. Think you keep that covered. It's all yours!

Finfeatherfur 08-10-2009 03:24 PM

I can cover Dularge! Just found out I get to go fish on Thursday w/ customers!!!! Did I mention I love my job, and my boss is the bomb! Walks in and says "hey Foti, take these cats out on the boat Thursday"!

Twist my arm why don't you!

wtretrievers 08-10-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur (Post 31562)
I can cover Dularge! Just found out I get to go fish on Thursday w/ customers!!!! Did I mention I love my job, and my boss is the bomb! Walks in and says "hey Foti, take these cats out on the boat Thursday"!

Twist my arm why don't you!

They did that with me last year in Venice!
"Please don't throw me in the briar patch"!!!!!!

PUREBAY2200 08-10-2009 03:50 PM

i take care of lake p area for ya, not much to say now but when fall gets here itll b great fishin!

mikedatiger 08-10-2009 05:01 PM

Sabine
 
I can definitely help out with Sabine.

The Old Caster 08-10-2009 05:02 PM

Fishing reports
 
W, I fish from Golden Meadow to Grand Isle and I am on the water most weeks, if that would help. I would fish Big Lake but you have never taken me to show me around.

The Old Caster 08-10-2009 05:03 PM

W, I fish from Golden Meadow to Grand Isle and I am on the water most every week, if that will help

speckdaddy 08-10-2009 05:25 PM

ill offer my help for the false river location , how bout it dubya? ive been fishin that area for 15 years i got the hookup!!!

speckdaddy 08-10-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 31493)
Tim....You just stick to trying to catch fish!!!!:*****::*****::*****:

Thanks guys for the help....We will pick guys from one area and put you as the go to guy......

hey dubya, how bout wadefishin also? i know alot and i mean alot of wading spots all over the state, if ya need a wading dude, i am the man. ive fished this state for 18 years without a boat. i know dem wawduhs from grand isle ta big lake. hook it up :rotfl:

"W" 08-10-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speckdaddy (Post 31581)
ill offer my help for the false river location , how bout it dubya? ive been fishin that area for 15 years i got the hookup!!!


If you can cover it YOU GOT IT....I will have Bruce build a form for fied reports.......

Salty,Bruce and Fool are having a blast down on Big Lake....Man I wish I was off....

Montauk17 08-10-2009 06:16 PM

I work at a boat repair shop in lafayette so I hear where the fish are biting,I mainly fish vermillion bay,and the basin.

"W" 08-10-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montak17 (Post 31600)
I work at a boat repair shop in lafayette so I hear where the fish are biting,I mainly fish vermillion bay,and the basin.


Sounds good......

FlatoutFishin 08-10-2009 06:26 PM

hey I got Texas covered. I fish the Red River to the Lower Laguna Madre every week. Little bit of ***** getting around, but I manage. :rolleyes: :*****:

Seroiusly, include an out a state section...There might even be a few pics to post, and we know how you like pics! :D

speckdaddy 08-10-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montak17 (Post 31600)
I work at a boat repair shop in lafayette so I hear where the fish are biting,I mainly fish vermillion bay,and the basin.

where at montak?

BigCoon 08-10-2009 06:34 PM

Will you let us know if we made the Pro Staff for SaltyCajun?

Montauk17 08-10-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speckdaddy (Post 31605)
where at montak?

The Prop Shop.....if yall ever need any work done on anything on your boat i'll do my best to hook you up.

speckdaddy 08-10-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 31599)
If you can cover it YOU GOT IT....I will have Bruce build a form for fied reports.......

Salty,Bruce and Fool are having a blast down on Big Lake....Man I wish I was off....

how bout a spot for sumone ta back the prostaffers up like an enforcer? i love ta kick *** and i love ta get rowdy, dammit lets see if anyone messes wif the staff while im around ooooo this boy can fight!!!!*****:shaking:

Ducktrickster 08-10-2009 07:53 PM

I fish fresh and salt from grand isle to sabine from miamia corp to the red river in shreveport. I'd be able to help.......if only I knew how to fish any of them. oh well.

"W" 08-10-2009 08:14 PM

Once we get all our forms set up ....I will PM you....

yak'em-n-stack'em 08-10-2009 08:17 PM

Crosses fingers. Hahahhahahha

Ray 08-10-2009 08:24 PM

I can do all the roadside ponds between Oak Grove and Cameron Ferry #2...

Jordan 08-10-2009 08:31 PM

jermey... i'll have a report on buras/venice/port sulphur on sunday... good pics to come cuzzz

drpuldo 08-10-2009 08:53 PM

have a place in henderson and fish and hunt out there alot so if you need help let me know.

Montauk17 08-10-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpuldo (Post 31648)
have a place in henderson and fish and hunt out there alot so if you need help let me know.

I heard the dwlf closed henderson cause of the drawdown,sounds weird to me.....any truth to that? I heard they were catching alot of small bass and some decent sac a lait before they started lowering the lake.

bay_slayer 08-10-2009 09:08 PM

I see no one is trying to cover anything around Morgan City, so I can volunteer myself to cover some of the area I fish Specs and reds from Lake decade all the way to the Atchafalaya Bay including Point au fer. I fish freshwater mostly down the Atchafalaya river and Lake Verett. I work offshore so I cant update as much as I would Like too. Let me know if you want me to do it

Ray 08-10-2009 09:10 PM

When I passed over the basin bridge last week, Henderson was drawn down or in a severe drought. It was too low to get out of any of the canals.

Montauk17 08-10-2009 09:43 PM

They have been draining henderson for the past few years to control the hydrilla,but they never closed it before. I use to fish it with it low like it is when I still had my 14' flat with a 25 and use to smoke the bass.Not sure if its closed or not.......

yak'em-n-stack'em 08-10-2009 09:44 PM

Drove over it today and I was amazed. I've personally never seen it this low

Montauk17 08-10-2009 09:45 PM

It has been this low before...I have rode four wheelers in the flats before :)

yak'em-n-stack'em 08-10-2009 09:46 PM

That's awesome lol.

Ray 08-10-2009 09:47 PM

I have seen many 4 wheeler trails all over it when passing over it on the bridge when it is drawn down. The driest I have ever seen it was in 2000. NO water was to be seen from the bridge in either direction.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted