SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   black drum (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25281)

alex.tallman 11-17-2011 06:42 PM

black drum
 
1 Attachment(s)
has anyone been catch any this year?? i caught three of em ranging from 32 to 38 pounds big guys.

Jordan 11-17-2011 06:44 PM

big ol' turd hustlers..... trow 'em back !!

"W" 11-17-2011 06:45 PM

Not by choice

mcjaredsandwich 11-17-2011 06:45 PM

I try not to catch them if possible, but I am texan so it's in my blood.

BIGJ 11-17-2011 06:45 PM

Throw that trash back.

alex.tallman 11-17-2011 06:49 PM

hahah i do throw em back or give to people that want em, but i havent caught any this year so far.

Ray 11-17-2011 06:57 PM

Last time I caught one, I threw it back. Boat across the canal from us told me he would have bought it from me if he knew I was gonna throw it back.

Montauk17 11-17-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 350967)
Last time I caught one, I threw it back. Boat across the canal from us told me he would have bought it from me if he knew I was gonna throw it back.

LOL sounds like a easy way to make money

alex.tallman 11-17-2011 07:05 PM

ya there are some that eat that fish but i wont mess with it.

PUREBAY2200 11-17-2011 07:16 PM

Now that's a gaff!!!

alex.tallman 11-17-2011 07:32 PM

hahah ya like that?

PUREBAY2200 11-17-2011 07:33 PM

O yea, everyone needs a good full size gaff!! Lol

Ray 11-17-2011 07:36 PM

Grind that trophy up and make cat food.

Montauk17 11-17-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 350981)
Grind that trophy up and make cat food.

Haha.....or crab bait

Ray 11-17-2011 07:39 PM

Trout guts make betta Crab Bait.
Cut that stomach off and throw in trap.

"W" 11-17-2011 07:46 PM

If u carry a gaff to a fish fight you know some big nasty are involved

alex.tallman 11-17-2011 07:52 PM

ya i always carry that thing never know whats in them waters out there

Matt G 11-17-2011 08:25 PM

Tried that crap once on a pit like a red on the half shell..... I'll never waste my time cleacing that thing again!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd stay on ol' girls good side with that thing!!

alex.tallman 11-17-2011 09:40 PM

does anyone fish around the saltwater barrier??

weedeater 11-17-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex.tallman (Post 351032)
does anyone fish around the saltwater barrier??

have caught good fish and crabs on south side of it all the way around to old icehouse

PaulMyers 11-17-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex.tallman (Post 351032)
does anyone fish around the saltwater barrier??

Sure do, just been to busy with flounder. ;)

EVO

Tex Dawg 11-17-2011 11:50 PM

Nice catch.

alex.tallman 11-18-2011 07:59 AM

i normally fish goin towards ryan st fish the whole bank then move up to the broken bridge goin back towards 210.

Duck Butter 11-18-2011 09:24 AM

Last time I put in at Calc Point there were 2 giant black drum hangin out by the cleanin tables. They catch some good ones on the pier there!

outcast 11-18-2011 11:24 AM

caught this one tailing in 2 ft of water over an oyster bed

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...bb963c5f-1.jpg

DUCKGOGETTER 11-18-2011 11:28 AM

I hate the big nastys

SULPHITE 11-18-2011 11:35 AM

there is a portal to another universe on your face!!!!!

mcjaredsandwich 11-18-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 351196)
Last time I put in at Calc Point there were 2 giant black drum hangin out by the cleanin tables. They catch some good ones on the pier there!

Those are huge and will eat a complete spec skeleton.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted