SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Killer Alabamino Rig (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25301)

TTF FISHING 11-18-2011 11:49 AM

Killer Alabamino Rig
 
1 Attachment(s)
Big Lake's new go-to Rig...Killer Alabamino Rig....Limits in a few casts!:D

longcast 11-18-2011 11:50 AM

Wow. Lmao

DUCKGOGETTER 11-18-2011 11:57 AM

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's funny

mcjaredsandwich 11-18-2011 11:58 AM

I dont know if this is serious, or a joke. Either way, I laughed. :)

TTF FISHING 11-18-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 351321)
I dont know if this is serious, or a joke. Either way, I laughed. :)

Friend of ours made it as a joke:D....but its serious business in the freshwater world.


http://www.thealabamarig.com/

mcjaredsandwich 11-18-2011 12:27 PM

Yep seen it for freshwater. There was a thread here not too long ago. Good laughs :D

SaltERedneck 11-18-2011 12:32 PM

Fresh water rigs are on back order!!! Rumored 100,000 (per bassmaster.com) everyone wants their hands on them. There is also a petition being passed around to ban these in competition.

Duck Butter 11-18-2011 12:35 PM

I built one of those and attached it under one of my grandads old seagull confidence decoys, threw it out in Turners. Y'all laughin now but bruh...:grinpimp:

PUREBAY2200 11-18-2011 12:36 PM

Throw some corkys on that rig!!!
Lmao!!!
And tie it to a poppin cork!!!!
Deadly!!!!!

mcjaredsandwich 11-18-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 (Post 351344)
Throw some corkys on that rig!!!
Lmao!!!
And tie it to a poppin cork!!!!
Deadly!!!!!

Dont forget a topwater.

PUREBAY2200 11-18-2011 12:53 PM

Re
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 351349)
Dont forget a topwater.

O yea!!
10 ft leader tied to cork & topwater.

Just pop & jerk!!
Lol

TTF FISHING 11-18-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 351342)
Fresh water rigs are on back order!!! Rumored 100,000 (per bassmaster.com) everyone wants their hands on them. There is also a petition being passed around to ban these in competition.

Yeah....Mann's just acquired the license to manufacture and distribute the Alabama Rig....Maybe they can keep up...thats alot of rigs!

DUCKGOGETTER 11-18-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck butter (Post 351343)
i built one of those and attached it under one of my grandads old seagull confidence decoys, threw it out in turners. Y'all laughin now but bruh...:grinpimp:


lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to see that

Ray 11-18-2011 01:19 PM

My rod won't be able to handle something like that.
Gonna hafta break out the big offshore rods.

SaltERedneck 11-18-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTF FISHING (Post 351354)
Yeah....Mann's just acquired the license to manufacture and distribute the Alabama Rig....Maybe they can keep up...thats alot of rigs!

Its only gonna get worse once these get really popular... alot of skeptics out there right now. Its alot of hardware to throw and you have to have a really stout rod.

SaltERedneck 11-18-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 351369)
My rod won't be able to handle something like that.
Gonna hafta break out the big offshore rods.

Elias uses a 7-foot, 11-inch Pinnacle flipping rod and Pinnacle reel spooled with 65-pound SpiderWire Ultracast FluoroBraid..... GAWD dog.

Jordan 11-18-2011 01:32 PM

gonna make one for gulp mullets for flounder

Jedi Lure Tricks 11-18-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 351376)
Elias uses a 7-foot, 11-inch Pinnacle flipping rod and Pinnacle reel spooled with 65-pound SpiderWire Ultracast FluoroBraid..... GAWD dog.

whats the big deal? thats the same setup i use to throw 7", 3oz. swimbaits! :grinpimp: doesn't everyone have a setup like that?? :spineyes:

SaltERedneck 11-18-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks (Post 351429)
whats the big deal? thats the same setup i use to throw 7", 3oz. swimbaits! :grinpimp: doesn't everyone have a setup like that?? :spineyes:


hahhaha I use a 8'6" Extra HEavy.

Ray 11-18-2011 01:52 PM

I mainly use light tackle and light lures.
Makes for a funner fight.

SaltERedneck 11-18-2011 01:54 PM

7lb 3 oz swimbaits lol.... you fin hookin redfish for marlin???

Micah 11-18-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 351438)
7lb 3 oz swimbaits lol.... you fin hookin redfish for marlin???

7"

" = inches

Chris Havoc 11-18-2011 01:56 PM

I bet when someone catches 25 lbs of trout with one cast, people won't laugh so much.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Ray 11-18-2011 01:57 PM

If I caught a dink on every lure on that thing, my line would prolly break.

SaltERedneck 11-18-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Havoc (Post 351447)
I bet when someone catches 25 lbs of trout with one cast, people won't laugh so much.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

dont knock it.... I aint laughing at it for sure in freshwater. seems legit. micah get off my balls I missread it lol :help:

Micah 11-18-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 351456)
dont knock it.... I aint laughing at it for sure in freshwater. seems legit. micah get off my balls I missread it lol :help:

Missread this....:thefinger:

Garfish 11-20-2011 10:30 AM

Looks like one of those East Coast Bluefish/Striper Rigs or a Marlin Teaser spread.

huntin fool 11-20-2011 10:35 AM

Don't think i'll be throwing one of those.. Too much can go wrong with it!
However, most of my schooling fish are a good distance away from the boat...

Montauk17 11-20-2011 10:39 AM

Pretty interesting I must say,we got too much junk underwater to chunk dat. At 30 bucks a pop can get expensive quick.

eman 11-20-2011 10:46 AM

Troll the bridges w/ dat!

Ray 11-20-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 352309)
Troll the bridges w/ dat!

I'd hafta put that on a 1/4" rope to troll with all that.

Montauk17 11-20-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 352309)
Troll the bridges w/ dat!

Haha im sure it would work! Got the weight to get down deep. Gunna be the next big thing in ptrain! :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted