SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Looking.for a new reel. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26701)

bourg62 01-04-2012 01:16 PM

Looking.for a new reel.
 
Im looking into getting a new setup of a rod and reel..im open to all ideas on what you think is a great reel that will last a good while..fishing in big lake and.prien if thats needed

SaltERedneck 01-04-2012 01:21 PM

curado/shimano rod. cant beat the quality of the reel and the lifetime warranty of the rod. My basic setup is a curado 50E with a cumara but you may wanna stick with something lower on price rodwise.

fishmaster911 01-04-2012 01:28 PM

Lews reels are really nice !

SaltERedneck 01-04-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmaster911 (Post 371544)
Lews reels are really nice !

Saltwater friendly??? I have a 5:1 but it's strictly a freshwater setup.

mikedatiger 01-04-2012 01:50 PM

what are you looking to spend? that will play a big factor in guidance.

bourg62 01-04-2012 01:53 PM

Lew reels can you point.me towards a good one I heard about those. Money just.for a reel id like to spend 100 to 200 no more than that

PaulMyers 01-04-2012 01:55 PM

I just got an Outcast Reel from the Stick'Em Rods people. Great reel, very smooth and retails for 150.00.

Lake Chuck Duck 01-04-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 371577)
I just got an Outcast Reel from the Stick'Em Rods people. Great reel, very smooth and retails for 150.00.

Dang, you already got the hook up on one of those?

PaulMyers 01-04-2012 01:59 PM

Loving it also! :D

It's a great reel

mikedatiger 01-04-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bourg62 (Post 371573)
Lew reels can you point.me towards a good one I heard about those. Money just.for a reel id like to spend 100 to 200 no more than that

I have a tourney pro speed spool that is a good reel and has stood up to abuse for a year now. There are several great reels in your price range - Shimano Citica, Curado, and Chronarch. Lew's tourney pro, etc.

For the money, the Citica is a darn good reel.

fishmaster911 01-04-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 371552)
Saltwater friendly??? I have a 5:1 but it's strictly a freshwater setup.

Yes ! Havent had problem yet ! I have the tournament pro speed spool !

bjhooper82 01-04-2012 04:47 PM

Contact Anthony Beslin (Rigratnomeaux) with Duce Rods. He can hook you up with a sweet custom rod and a Lews reel.

Jedi Lure Tricks 01-04-2012 04:52 PM

i know it's on the upper end of what you want to spend, but to me the shimano Chronarch CH200e7 is probably the best bang for the buck in that range. it's pretty much screw for screw the exact same as the Curado CU200e7 that everyone loved and raved about. they're awesome reels.

if you want to stay more around the $100-150 mark, i would consider the lew's speed spool or tourney speed spool. my customer reviews have been very good and i haven't had any complaints about them yet.

feel free to pass by the tackle box here in sulphur and we can talk at length about what will work best for you. :)

meaux fishing 01-04-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 371577)
I just got an Outcast Reel from the Stick'Em Rods people. Great reel, very smooth and retails for 150.00.

very nice reel... made a few casts with it the other day

weedeater 01-04-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmaster911 (Post 371544)
Lews reels are really nice !

I used a Lews Speed Spool today and it was sweet, I will be buying one in the near future

PaulMyers 01-04-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 371767)
I used a Lews Speed Spool today and it was sweet, I will be buying one in the near future

Stop by the house tomorrow and try my new Outcast reel. You might just change your mind.

+1

weedeater 01-04-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 371769)
Stop by the house tomorrow and try my new Outcast reel. You might just change your mind.

+1

will have to do that, maybe afternoon if I see your truck.....Lews is still a fine reel;)

PaulMyers 01-04-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 371770)
will have to do that, maybe afternoon if I see your truck.....Lews is still a fine reel;)

I'm sure it is but this sucker is really sweet.

I should be here.

+1

BassAssasin 01-04-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 371767)
I used a Lews Speed Spool today and it was sweet, I will be buying one in the near future

I got mine in today and it is smoooooth. I spooled up and cast it at my dads pond. That thing will sling it! So far so good.

1fastmerc 01-04-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 371787)
I'm sure it is but this sucker is really sweet.

I should be here.

+1

Take your line off first. If he just touches it will instantly backlash.

+1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMyers 01-04-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 371792)
Take your line off first. If he just touches it will instantly backlash.

+1

LOL

+1

fishaholic82 01-04-2012 09:26 PM

Might want to check out the US Reels. I use the super caster spinning reels and if their casting reels are as good as their spinning reels you won't be disappointed.

weedeater 01-04-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 371792)
Take your line off first. If he just touches it will instantly backlash.

+1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you one to talk, you are the only person I ever seen strip line by hand after every cast:eek:

YellaBlazer 01-04-2012 10:47 PM

Take a look at the Pflueger Patriarch 71LP. Since I tried it out last fall, it's been one of my favorite reels.

LPfishnTIM 01-04-2012 11:50 PM

I got a citica and shimano convergence combo, great warranty on rod, and got both for less then $200 and I use it in both salt and fresh.

bourg62 01-05-2012 01:32 PM

I think I will take a look at the stick em rod reel first.can someone tell me a good stick em rod rod to get that is light and sensitive l, reasonably price. Also where can.i get some stick em products close to Lake Charles

PaulMyers 01-05-2012 02:12 PM

The rods are sold at The Tackle Box in Sulphur and Cajun FastMart south of Sulphur on Hwy 27.

Do you want a trout rod or a red fish rod?

+1

fishmaster911 01-05-2012 02:22 PM

The stick'em light wader is awesome !

bourg62 01-05-2012 02:38 PM

The rod will be for specs and red in biglake amd prien..nothing offhsore..can the reel be bought at those places in sulphur

PaulMyers 01-05-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bourg62 (Post 372076)
The rod will be for specs and red in biglake amd prien..nothing offhsore..can the reel be bought at those places in sulphur

Not sure, I'm trying to find that out right now.

Jedi Lure Tricks 01-05-2012 04:32 PM

we dont have the reels yet... dont know what the hold up is.. will have to ask longcast he is this area's rep for stick-em

Jedi Lure Tricks 01-05-2012 04:34 PM

the outcast reels are very similar in design to the wright-mcgill sabalos baitcaster. i played with one at the stick em party a couple months ago. nice reel. we have all actions in the rods in stock, tail special, wader lt, red special


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted