SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sacalait haul (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26812)

Top Dawg 01-08-2012 07:15 PM

Sacalait haul
 
Too hot to hunt so we decided to head north and get in on the action. Fill the freezer up wit some slabs.
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...d/c92239f8.jpg
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...d/89b6ec7a.jpg
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...d/1eb3a0ae.jpg

eman 01-08-2012 07:17 PM

That's a great box of filets right there!
By north do you mean the bend???

Tightline11 01-08-2012 07:21 PM

Nice looking box shot


Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Top Dawg 01-08-2012 07:23 PM

Yea. The bend. Right in the middle of the rest of da 200 boats.

Montauk17 01-08-2012 08:01 PM

Now that is a haul,awesome catch!!

Ray 01-08-2012 08:19 PM

Saw a couple of guys who left Lake Charles and hit Toledo Bend.
Caught a 54 Qt. ice chest of Sac's and was cleaning them at Cal. Point by 2 PM.
They must be thick up there.

shellman 01-08-2012 08:54 PM

Great haul....

1fastmerc 01-08-2012 09:05 PM

Nice catch. I miss doing that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjhooper82 01-08-2012 09:16 PM

Damn!!!! That's a meat haul!! Is there no limit on sacaliat??

Top Dawg 01-08-2012 09:30 PM

25/person. 2 day 3 man possession limit of 150

T and F fishing 01-08-2012 10:39 PM

i thought it was 50 per person ?

Montauk17 01-08-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T and F fishing (Post 373636)
i thought it was 50 per person ?

They changed it not long ago to 25 for toledo bend. The rest of the state is still 50 per person.

Country Boy 01-08-2012 11:26 PM

awesome catch there

iron man 01-09-2012 01:32 AM

Nice haul. Whats the limit on them coke zeros?

Top Dawg 01-09-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron man (Post 373654)
Nice haul. Whats the limit on them coke zeros?

Depends on how much wild turkey you have to mix em wit.

Hydro 01-09-2012 07:34 AM

Nice slabs there !!!

RODBENDER 01-09-2012 08:56 AM

Think I will hit the Calcasieu river and see if the white perch are biting.

Matt D 01-10-2012 10:16 AM

Nice catch
 
How will the cold weather coming affect the bite? I have a trip planned for Friday, I know they are catching right now, but I am wondering if the cold weather will shut the bite down or not.

iron man 01-10-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 373660)
Depends on how much wild turkey you have to mix em wit.

Lol

Jo-boater 01-10-2012 10:32 AM

Nice catch! I have not fished much in the bend, will they stay biting like that through the winter or is this the tail end of the bite?

jaclyn.renea 01-10-2012 10:48 AM

Nice haul.

Top Dawg 01-10-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 374375)
How will the cold weather coming affect the bite? I have a trip planned for Friday, I know they are catching right now, but I am wondering if the cold weather will shut the bite down or not.

The cold weather will actually help the deep bite. When it warms up they start moving up and scattering out. This cold snap should push em back deep and hold tight to the rivers edge. If this rain didn't muddy up the river the bite will be good. All fish had eggs in em so they're getting ready to move up. First full moon in february should be good fishing in the shallows. 3-8'

Matt D 01-10-2012 03:23 PM

Thanks
 
Thanks for the info Top Dawg, will let you know how we do.

Top Dawg 01-10-2012 04:03 PM

Of course none of this is set in stone. These are just my own observations and listening to the old timers. I miss it every year when tbh come up. I'm usually too late. Last year we went in early march and barely caught the tail end of it. Good luck


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted