SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lacassine reports? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29057)

Micah 03-15-2012 10:58 AM

Lacassine reports?
 
Surely someone has heard something by now....

SULPHITE 03-15-2012 11:05 AM

dey probably fightin'

Micah 03-15-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 405079)
dey probably fightin'

LOL, I bet there was some fights. I'd put money on this opener being the biggest in a while. Just hope no one got hurt with the way people run those canals.

BigChaf 03-15-2012 11:16 AM

Half the people probably haven't launched yet!!!!!!

Lake Chuck Duck 03-15-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChaf (Post 405087)
Half the people probably haven't launched yet!!!!!!

You beat me too it! Dey still in line!

CrazyD 03-15-2012 11:57 AM

Got a co-worker supposed to be out there. Haven't heard how bad it was yet.

Lake Chuck Duck 03-15-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyD (Post 405106)
Got a co-worker supposed to be out there. Haven't heard how bad it was yet.

Whats up CrazyD where you been? We gonna hit the lacc this year?

DUCKGOGETTER 03-15-2012 12:00 PM

Half of aeroframe is out there today, but i haven't heard anything from anyone

ChevyZ71 03-15-2012 12:06 PM

We just left, we got there at 830 last night and we were like the 40th boat in line, as of 1100 when we left the game warden taking fish numbers said my bass was the first one to leave other then that he said one bream and one mudcat. The bass I caught was 5 lbs 13 ounces. Oh and the grass is bad.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Micah 03-15-2012 12:07 PM

Somebody gonna set a record today.

istreblake 03-15-2012 12:17 PM

you cant catch fish when u have to work ur bait out of the next persons boat infront of u........ way to many people to even wast my time..... i dont like fishin toledo bend on the weekends just bc of that reason and thats just a pot hole compared to toledo bend

Micah 03-15-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by istreblake (Post 405122)
you cant catch fish when u have to work ur bait out of the next persons boat infront of u........ way to many people to even wast my time..... i dont like fishin toledo bend on the weekends just bc of that reason and thats just a pot hole compared to toledo bend

You fished today or are you "just saying"?

istreblake 03-15-2012 12:24 PM

im offshore right now im just saying that.... even if i waz in i wouldint have been goin over there i would have been at toledo... the fish are turning on as i dream about them out here lol.....

Top Dawg 03-15-2012 12:24 PM

Heard a report game wardens checked 50 boats and out of 50 boats 15 bass were caught. Somebody lying on da shock results!!!! Lol

SaltERedneck 03-15-2012 12:26 PM

people gonna post false reports just to keep the boat population down.... i aint takin the bait!!!!!

Top Dawg 03-15-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by istreblake (Post 405129)
im offshore right now im just saying that.... even if i waz in i wouldint have been goin over there i would have been at toledo... the fish are turning on as i dream about them out here lol.....

Got a report this Mornin from Toledo. Buddy said he had about 75 white perch and 12 keeper bass all fishin perch said the bass were just collateral damage. He said bass are pretty much eatin plain hooks right now they bitin so good. I can't wait I'll be there tomorrow.

istreblake 03-15-2012 12:27 PM

to much boat pressure that will turn a fish off as fast as putin gas on a buddys line just for ****s and gigs lolol

Top Dawg 03-15-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 405131)
people gonna post false reports just to keep the boat population down.... i aint takin the bait!!!!!

I don't fish lacassine til may. I'm just sayin what my buddy told me.

SaltERedneck 03-15-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 405134)
I don't fish lacassine til may. I'm just sayin what my buddy told me.

not doubting you man... I just know how some people are. the same way with salt water reports. I never fish laco but something is compelling me to do so this year.:confused:

Lake Chuck Duck 03-15-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 405130)
Heard a report game wardens checked 50 boats and out of 50 boats 15 bass were caught. Somebody lying on da shock results!!!! Lol

Not sure, but I magine it cant be too good for the bite since they just got shocked a day or 2 ago.

Top Dawg 03-15-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 405138)
Not sure, but I magine it cant be too good for the bite since they just got shocked a day or 2 ago.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Micah 03-15-2012 12:37 PM

Lacassine sucks....everybody stay home.

SaltERedneck 03-15-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsh boy (Post 405143)
lacassine sucks....everybody stay home.

x 1000000000000

jchief 03-15-2012 01:08 PM

U may have been misinformed. Last shock was in Febuary! Wasn't close to those numbers.
Talked to about 40 or so boats so far. One boat had two fish and missed three. That's the only boat that has had a fish!

Off of another site.

Micah 03-15-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 405163)
U may have been misinformed. Last shock was in Febuary! Wasn't close to those numbers.
Talked to about 40 or so boats so far. One boat had two fish and missed three. That's the only boat that has had a fish!

Off of another site.

Rodbender from this site went on a shock trip 2 days ago and reported numbers

Lake Chuck Duck 03-15-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RODBENDER (Post 404694)
Time to get fired up!!!!! Sorry the post is late but I didn't have access to a puter til now. Well I met the agents at the new ramp this morning at 8. To my surprise they had the pontoon there. They said they changed their minds and decided to do alittle shocking. I was really jacked now. They asked me to leave any electrical devices in my truck. Guess they thought i was gonna mark fish with a handheld. So i left my phone so i could take any pictures. We headed out and started in the area around south pond. Boys there will be no problem filling your boats this year, there were plenty of fish all over the place. I stopped counting the five pound fish and we had 11 fish at double digits. The sheet had we shocked and released over 300 fish. I was totally amazed!!!! There was one cut through canal across south pond which had beds all over it. There are fish on beds and some are not. It appeared to be even. The water level is very good but it is deceiving. The grass is swelling and floats. So if you see grass mats and you are in 3-4 feet water you need to fish it. I can't make it the first day but I will be there with the black mega friday. Be safe and rip some lips!!!!!!

posted yesterday!

ChevyZ71 03-15-2012 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of mine from today

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Lake Chuck Duck 03-15-2012 01:22 PM

nice fish! Everytime someone gets me down, someone else gets me fired up again!

SaltERedneck 03-15-2012 01:22 PM

delete this fish pic.... laco sux. move on. nothing to see here. lol

DUCKGOGETTER 03-15-2012 01:38 PM

Nice fish!!! This morning was a pool kind of morning

BigChaf 03-15-2012 01:55 PM

Can you get around the pool without a shallow draft boat???????

cmcnabb 03-15-2012 02:01 PM

Nice fish

CrazyD 03-15-2012 02:02 PM

Yeah we gunna hit the water LCD. I been around just not posting, also been paddling around in my yaks. Co-worked just texted he has been catching some decent size fish but no double digits in his boat as of yet.

"W" 03-15-2012 02:19 PM

boats were not bad...we fished the south ponds for hours by our self

CajunSpecial 03-15-2012 02:23 PM

Spent the morning yakin in the D unit. Not a bite. Worked the canals and marsh. Every body I talked with in the unit had nothing w the exception of one fellow with a one pounder. Got the same report from the biologist doing the survey. One five pounder and three brem. He said as of noon. Still a lot of boats out though.

huntin fool 03-15-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 405168)
posted yesterday!


The biologist said this aint true.... So... who to believe??

7and7fish 03-15-2012 05:55 PM

fished streeters, pipeline, dead end. rollers, and bell city. 1 fish. Had a buddy in the pool-0. bad bad bad.

jchief 03-15-2012 11:28 PM

I wasn't doubting anyone, just posting info.

joshdomingue 03-16-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 405243)
The biologist said this aint true.... So... who to believe??

I was told that a biologist said they didn't see any big numbers when they shocked and not one fish over 6lbs......

This was told to the brother of said biologist by the biologist ( if that makes sense)

Lake Chuck Duck 03-16-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshdomingue (Post 405643)
I was told that a biologist said they didn't see any big numbers when they shocked and not one fish over 6lbs......

This was told to the brother of said biologist by the biologist ( if that makes sense)

Ha! Now that sounds more accurate.

homerun 03-16-2012 06:49 PM

top dawg was on some whiskey probably.

I did hear he caught 60 and 70 lb cats at toledo today though for real.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted