Remember when?
Does everybody remember where they where at when they first heard about the attacks on 9/11...............I'll start off
I was 18 years old working at AutoZone and we always had the radio on listening to music and the the music stopped and the reporters just started reporting that a plane had just crashed into the tower. We all just looked at each other and said that sounds weird and then they said another plane had crashed into it again. Thats when we knew something was going on. We all just stopped stocking the shelves and all just sat around the radio listening as everything unfolded.:flagUS: |
i was in 8th grade and stuff hit the fan
|
Was at work when the first plane went in.All the guys went to the break room to watch TV. Saw the second plane fly in and we were all shocked. It was like a dream we all saw the plane hit but kept asking each other what just happened. Rest of the day we were all in a daze... I'll never forget that day...SK
|
I was working for a GM Dealer in OK. One of the guys came back laughing saying that some idiot had crashed into one of the towers(he hadn't seen the magnitude, yet). We went to the tv just a minute or two before the second tower was hit. No one was laughing by that point. The dealership basically shut down and we didn't see a single customer for several days after that.
|
it was my senior year of highschool, just after my first hour class, i walked out into the square and my old buddy said that terrorist had bombed the twin towers, tv's on for the next couple hours then we went home.
i remember we were nervous in lake charles because of the LNG facilities and strategic oil reserve it was a day that i won't ever forget, God bless the Americans who lost their lives. |
I was leaving class at UL and saw a guy I knew from LC...I hadn't seen him in a while but his first words were "dude a plane just flew into the one of the twin towers!" I hurried back to my dorm and busted into my suitemates room and said have you seen anything on the news...he had the tv on the news at that very moment the second plane hit and both our jaws dropped...I had a very unsettling feeling the rest of the day and was glued to the TV...we were all huddled around the tvs in the locker room before practice asking each other why?...
|
My wife had the tv on when the news broke in and showed the first plane that had hit. I had just called my dad and we were talking about it. I thought it was a little private plane at first-it looked so small compared to the buildings. while we were on the phone, the news was still videoing the fire when we saw the second plane slam into the towers. We then new that this was no accident. THe rest of the day was kind of a fog. As reality set in the madder I got. THe rest of the afternoon was spent around the tv and looking for some big flags to put on my truck. Its such a shame how many people have already forgotten how they felt on that day. May we never forget,and may GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
|
We got a phone call from a friend.........she said to turn on the TV.
We watched the events reported and then saw the second plan crash into the other tower. The News people reported about ALL the airplanes being grounded to prevent anything else happening. Well, another plane crashed into the Penagon building and a 4 th plane crashed into a field.....due to brave action by some of the passangers. After watching the TV for an hour (?)....don't really remember how long....I saw that one of the WTC towers was leaning some. This had not yet been reported by the news people. I told my wife, it is going to fall but I did not image the whole building would crash down. I also remember seeing the "dark streaks" falling from the towers. During these early minutes of reporting......it was speculated on how many people could have been in the buildings. The estimates were much much higher than the final death toll. My plans for the day were to go scouting.......so I left the house, just before the first tower fell. Like most of Americans....we watched the TV for days to hear all the reports. Nothing else was being reported for the next week. |
I was on my way to trade school and was listening to Walton & Johnson on the radio, and I was thinking man thats some messed up stuff to be joking about. Got to the shop at school and every body was talking about it and I realized it really happened. Then one of my friends showed up and we went and watched tv at somebodys house all day.
|
I was in my senior year of highschool, just walked into class and everybody was staring at the tv not saying a word. I went and sat down wondering what the hell is so important on tv and about that time they showed the second plane hit. All we did is stay glued to the tv all day and I can remeber is wasnt a very good feeling at all....Lets just hope something like that never happens again.
|
I was teaching/coaching in Waco, TX at the time. I had just gotten into my classroom from morning football practice when the janitor came in my room and told me some idiot crashed a commuter plane into the WTC in New York. Later I was teaching a World Geography class full of freshmen. I saw my principal outside the door and she motioned for me to come outside. She was a wreck and told me that a second plane had hit the WTC and it was becoming obvious that it was a terrorist attack.
I walked into my classroom, erased the board, and wrote "December 7, 1941" on it. I asked if anyone knew the significance of that date. We got to talking and I explained that this day would likely be remembered just as Pearl Harbor Day was. I then calmly explained the situation as it had been relayed to me. One of the kids raised his hand and asked if we could all pray, and everyone agreed. I told them that due to a Supreme Court ruling, I could not lead them in prayer, but if they would lead me, I would follow. We prayed together on our knees in that classroom, and from that day I had a special bond with those kids. I got on the internet and began to see what was happening. All the time I was in knots because my brother had just moved to NYC, living only 12 blocks from the WTC. I left class several times that day to try to reach him, but all circuits were busy. It was tough to get through that day. I finally got a call from my parents that night, and they said he was ok, stuck in New Jersey. He had taken breakfast only a week before at the restaurant on the roof of the WTC. Those days and weeks after showed me what we as Americans were capable of. Everyone was good so each other and polite no matter where I went. Our politicans have forgotten, but I'll never forget. |
I was flying offshore in a Helicopter out of Sabine pass...when the pilot said were under attack and have to land now!!! Instead of going back to Sabine Pass we had to go to the Houston Airport...Were I was stuck for 15 hours with nothing!!! Cell was in my truck with wallet and everything!!! Not a good day but meet some nice folks that feed me!!!! LOL...........
|
I was in a meeting offshore and someone busted in the door and said that some dumba$$ pilot hit one of the towers. We all went to the TV room to see it on TV and the other plane hit the other tower. We couldn't believe that there were 2 pilots that were that dumb.
Then the ****e hit the fan. All helicopters were shut down, we had 2 big USCG cutters patrolling around us for a year. We make 150K bbls/day and the platform next to us was making 225K bbls/day at that time. We were stuck out here for 6 days after we were supposed to crew change. |
I was Livin in New Orleans, unemployed and at the bar at 8am............bar maid answered the phone, turned on the tube and there it was...............I sat there all day...........didn't leave once, couldn't take my eyes off it.........................Wow...........all you guys that were still in High School...................I feel old.............Ugh
|
I working in Tampa Fl where we listened to the radio everyday. The first plane hit and the radio started talking about it. One of my coworkers kept saying it was an accident, then we heard the second plane had crashed. I informed him then that there were no accidents in this case and that we were basically under attack. We listened as the third plane hit the pentagon and the fourth crashed in Penn. I remember thinking that the United States just lost some of its arrogance. It was the first time I started to feel unsafe behind these borders. That was the biggest humbling experience of my life. I remember thinking that I no longer was worried about black or white or any other people I didn't like we were all Americans. I didn't get to see any of it on T.V. till later that night so the full effect didn't hit me till then. I remember the weirdest thing at the time was for days after there were no planes flying in the sky. One day I know I will never forget.
|
I was pushpoleing a mudboat down schooner bayou to broussards landing.
Trailer tire was flat so we took it to stellys for a plug. The news said a plane had hit the tower on our way and while waiting inline at stellys I watched the second plane hit the second tower. After that everthing seemed to slow down, it was surreal.:( |
At Work
I was at work in my office interviewing an applicant for Electrician. One of the millwrights came by and started talking about this plane hitting the twin towers. I thought he was talking about a movie he had watched or something. I told him I was in an interview and I would talk to him later. He came back and said another plane hand hit the other tower. I asked him what he was talking about. After he told us the interview stopped and we watched the computer news for several hours. I hired the guy without ever finishing the interview. Had the feeling that I had lost a family member, been robbed, and hit in the stomach all at the same time.
|
I was in the same situation as "W", but we landed where my truck was. I was sitting in the front seat when i heard flight controll tell the pilot to land that we were under attack... We didnt know where they were attacking. I just wanted to get back to my truck and get to my gun. I felt so much safer when I had my gun with me..
Quote:
|
I was in Houston for work, needless to say nothing much got done that day.
|
MC-809 Ursa
|
I was in the criminal justice building at ULL. I had just got out of class and when I walked past the secretaries office I saw a few people around a 12 inch tv. Before long there must have been 75 people packed into that little office. I was simply in shock about what just happened. Pisses me off just thinking about it. On a more positive note it is my wife and dads birthday today.
|
kindergarten reading some story...announcements came on said "turn on t.v.s now"
|
I was going to pay my electric bill, it was a beautiful day and my 3 year old son was in the back seat and wanted to listen to the radio. Kept trying to find a station that had music on it, then I heard a Bobby Novasat on 94.5 say something about plane crashing into a building and that it was a terrible "accident". After I got back into the car after leaving the electric company, they were using the term "attack", I called my wife to tell her. She said that she was watching on NBC and that 2 planes had hit the towers. I went home, skipped class, and stared at the TV in disbelief for the rest of the day.
|
it was truly a time where i think america was speechless
|
Stupid rag heads. I'll never forget how most of the arabs on campus acted like it was no big deal. Then some of them made a smart arse comment about it in the lunch room and started laughing and a few football players beat them down. Sulphite may remember this he was probably at school then.
|
where
I was working right next to the nuke plant in st francisville. My wife called and told me about the first plane so we went into the luncroom where there was a tv. and after seeing the second plane hit and realizing that we were less than 1/2 mile from the nuke ,bossman called it a day and told everyone to go home and be w/ your familys. Came home and got glued to the TV untill i just got to mad to watch anymore.
|
Boy, you guys make me fell old when you say you were still in school when it happened! I was having morning coffie with a group of friends when it came on TV, first shock for me! The second shock was when my sons Gaurd unit was call up a few weeks later to join the fight! Tonight when you go to bed remenber to say a prayer for all the young men and women who are still there fighting for our freedom and way of life!
Thank God for the choosen few that will fight for US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |
i remember our troops everyday.
they are the reason we are still a country |
Quote:
|
feeling old too
I was at work at the fire station, I am the chief in the big city of Carlyss (a community south of Sulphur), heard something on the fm radio about a commuter plane hitting one of the towers. Turned on the tv and started listening to what was going on. Phone started ringing off the wall. We started getting reports that it was not a commuter but a large plane and it appeared to be intentional. After the second plane struck, we got busy "planning" in case there were attacks in our area on any of the plants that border our community. Don't remember how many meetings on preparing we had in the next few months. Still seems unreal and the month after that I can hardly recall what happened. Changed the way we do business everyday.
Actually went to New York for the firefighters memorial. Rained the whole time we were in the procession. Estimated they had about 50,000 firefighters there for the memorial from around the worldf. Will NEVER FORGET. Also think about those guys out there now fighting for our freedom almost every day. |
I was working on a barn at my other house, I was in the Reserves at the time, I heard about over the radio, so I started packing my clothes, called into my unit and they said "stand by" so I stayed at home with my phone, pissed off at anyone who had darker skin than me. I'm not proud of the fact that I blamed every Middle Easterner, but I was fricken mad that some one came into my country and did that to my Brother Americans.
|
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted