SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Troutathon.. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31046)

SGib 05-08-2012 06:14 PM

Troutathon..
 
Whats it going to take to win it??

meaux fishing 05-08-2012 06:24 PM

two big trout

Montauk17 05-08-2012 06:36 PM

Soak a 10" croaker

Asterisk-Rich 05-08-2012 06:37 PM

lookin like 60% chance of rain...

BossHog 05-08-2012 06:47 PM

I heard there was only six boats registered so far...I know alot of people that were gonna fish it but not after reading all the crazy rules they got

evis102 05-08-2012 06:52 PM

Crazy rules?

"W" 05-08-2012 07:14 PM

I'm fishing

Asterisk-Rich 05-08-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evis102 (Post 429885)
Crazy rules?

X2

"W" 05-08-2012 07:18 PM

I'm fishing

Rules seemed simple ??? What's is crazy

BossHog 05-08-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 429896)
I'm fishing

Rules seemed simple ??? What's is crazy

Gotta have a VHF radio, no cell phones....that's rules for a pro tournament

inchspinner 05-08-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossHog (Post 429901)
Gotta have a VHF radio, no cell phones....that's rules for a pro tournament

Thats any tourney.... Scared of "W" say ya scared:)

BossHog 05-08-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchspinner (Post 429902)
Thats any tourney.... Scared of "W" say ya scared:)

Not allowed to fish it

Asterisk-Rich 05-08-2012 07:29 PM

VHF radio ??? Really???

lsufish 05-08-2012 07:30 PM

They removed the radio part, at LCT they mark through it.

inchspinner 05-08-2012 07:37 PM

Yall betta be scared of sgiba ole lady shes a beast

Big Kahunaz 05-08-2012 07:38 PM

ya'll have fun....im out of this one! hopefully all goes well and it has a good turn out.
Good luck everyone and someone take home that truck!

SGib 05-08-2012 07:42 PM

She just needs me to drive ha!

inchspinner 05-08-2012 07:45 PM

Lol yeah, but she will put the big fish hurtin on ya

SGib 05-08-2012 07:50 PM

If it gets me paid I won't be mad

"W" 05-08-2012 07:56 PM

No cell phone calling boats.....I have a new born and my work makes me have a phone so mine will be on all day

kbolton 05-08-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossHog (Post 429901)
Gotta have a VHF radio, no cell phones....that's rules for a pro tournament

BossHog,

Are people really not fishing because of "crazy rules"? We had originally included the requirement of VHF radio for safety. We've since removed this rule because it limited so many people from fishing.
Using cell phones to "team up" and cover more water is arguably unfair to other competing teams. We're completely open to amending any rules that would affect the tournament in a negative way.
What other "crazy rules" would you like amended, Boss Hog? Please let me know.

Thanks, King

Salty 05-08-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 429930)
No cell phone calling boats.....I have a new born and my work makes me have a phone so mine will be on all day

I'm sure they'll make exceptions for those two reasons....especially the last one. :rolleyes:

inchspinner 05-08-2012 08:34 PM

C yall boyz at 2....good luck fellers

kbolton 05-08-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 429936)
I'm sure they'll make exceptions for those two reasons....especially the last one. :rolleyes:

Absolutely! If you want to talk on your phone all day, you're more than welcome. The whole point is to keep the contest fair as I explained above.

Lake Chuck Duck 05-08-2012 08:38 PM

King,
What kind of advertising have y'all been doing besides SC? Seems like I saw a bilboard. Just curious.

"W" 05-08-2012 08:50 PM

If your a pansy stay home and watch smurfs

kbolton 05-08-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 429961)
King,
What kind of advertising have y'all been doing besides SC? Seems like I saw a bilboard. Just curious.

Mainly internet (Facebook, SC, etc.), billboard, word of mouth. I've spoken to many people that have heard about it. For example, everyone I spoke to at the CCA banquet knew about it. We're still looking for registrations. It looks like many people are waiting until the last minute. I'm hoping the weather holds out. As long as the wind doesn't blow too hard and we don't have lightning, it's on.

kbolton 05-08-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 429971)
If your a pansy stay home and watch smurfs

x2

jchief 05-08-2012 08:56 PM

Where are rules posted at?

kbolton 05-08-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 429977)
Where are rules posted at?

I'll post them in a minute...

jg5050 05-08-2012 09:15 PM

Wish I would have known about the VHF rule getting slashed, at least the one I paid 200 for floats. Guess I'll tie a string to it and use it as a marker

inchspinner 05-08-2012 09:28 PM

Let it blow baby....they have porches at your homes....you scared then stay on em...dont care about the rain as long as theres no lightning im doin figure 8s around a haynie with a lil doode driving it

"W" 05-08-2012 09:35 PM

Red SOLO cup

inchspinner 05-08-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 430001)
Red SOLO cup

Yeah yeah boyyyy....

kbolton 05-08-2012 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tournament rules have been attached..... Attachment 34321.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

SGib 05-08-2012 09:45 PM

How pounds wins it? Guess how ever many I bring to the dock

kbolton 05-08-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGib (Post 430010)
How pounds wins it? Guess how ever many I bring to the dock

I think it could go either way. I've seen stringer tournaments won with hardly any weight. On the other hand, someone out there may be livin' right and land a sow... or two. I'm hoping someone comes back with something photo worthy. I know of several good fish that have been caught over the past few weeks. At the end of the day, anything could happen.

SGib 05-08-2012 10:00 PM

Just stirrin the pot. Goodluck guys

inchspinner 05-08-2012 10:05 PM

Should be fun....whats on the menu for grub KING.

kbolton 05-08-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchspinner (Post 430024)
Should be fun....whats on the menu for grub KING.

For you? Bacon wrapped filet mignon served over roasted garlic mashed potatoes, baby spinach and topped with wild mushroom Au jus glaze.



:rotfl:

inchspinner 05-08-2012 10:28 PM

I appreciate the hospitality you have shown me for this tournement....This is great....fish and eat filet mignon mmmmm cant wait for 2 oclock sat....I can taste the food already...thanks King....:)

kbolton 05-08-2012 10:31 PM

Hahahahaha! It's my pleasure, Inch. All kidding aside O'Charley's is grilling burgers and hotdogs for us. May even throw a chicken or two on the grill. Heck, bring a few extra trout to the weigh in and I'll share an ol' family recipe.

inchspinner 05-08-2012 10:42 PM

Im gonna swing by tomm or thurs and come pay you the entry....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted