SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Old Stines Ruth St (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33621)

SULPHITE 07-09-2012 08:55 PM

Old Stines Ruth St
 
Does anyone know what they are doing with the old stines in sulphur??

Bluechip 07-09-2012 09:14 PM

It's going to be a place like BHP Health Partners.

SULPHITE 07-09-2012 09:16 PM

damn...hoping it was something cooler like a Bass pro shops :(

Bluechip 07-09-2012 09:17 PM

Me too....

SULPHITE 07-09-2012 09:19 PM

i think it should be a mexican restraunt...we need five more of those on ruth st... those things are like roaches they don't die...lol

Lake Chuck Duck 07-09-2012 09:24 PM

The old stines in LC has been for sale since they moved out all those years ago. Still curious what will become of it.

SULPHITE 07-09-2012 09:28 PM

i'm guessing a cabelas or a bass pro couldn't survive in this area...

Bluechip 07-09-2012 09:49 PM

I miss the old Burton's Hardware and Sporting goods.....it's hard for a business like this to make it anymore against the big supply stores.

Super Spook 07-09-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 459644)
i'm guessing a cabelas or a bass pro couldn't survive in this area...

I've heard rumors but they may just be rumors. It amazes me that we don't have something like a Laf shooters or Acadiana Outfitters here.

SULPHITE 07-09-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Spook (Post 459665)
I've heard rumors but they may just be rumors. It amazes me that we don't have something like a Laf shooters or Acadiana Outfitters here.

Amen to that closest we had was selmart and they went under

jchief 07-09-2012 10:00 PM

My memory sucks. I was told, but can't remember at this moment.

SULPHITE 07-09-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 459664)
I miss the old Burton's Hardware and Sporting goods.....it's hard for a business like this to make it anymore against the big supply stores.

Remember going there with dad and looking at guns

Bluechip 07-09-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 459675)
Remember going there with dad and looking at guns

It was nice to go to a place and everyone was knowledgable. It wasn't just a part time job for a kid. It was full time career employment for people.

The Tackle Box and LCT are the closest to that but I miss the guns and knives, etc....

marshrunner757 07-09-2012 10:08 PM

The old stines building is going to be the new office complex for Recon Engineers.

msuchill4 07-09-2012 11:39 PM

heard they talked about putting a nichols there

Uncle Barty 07-10-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 459675)
Remember going there with dad and looking at guns

i figured the only thing you remembered when you where little was going to the Chamblee's buffett...

Shawn Braquet 07-10-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msuchill4 (Post 459720)
heard they talked about putting a nichols there

I would be fine with this

SaltyShaw 07-10-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 459644)
i'm guessing a cabelas or a bass pro couldn't survive in this area...

Man I think a BP could survive in Lake Charles I mean the nearest one is baton Rouge and Houston I think they would get enough business, it would be awesome lol but prolly will never happen

dedwards04 07-10-2012 06:07 AM

marshrunner is right...Recon is moving into the old stines.

SULPHITE 07-10-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Barty (Post 459766)
i figured the only thing you remembered when you where little was going to the Chamblee's buffett...


I remember when you didn't have bebe's kids....

Tjeaux 07-10-2012 11:11 AM

Recon Engineering bought the place....

cajunyoung 07-10-2012 11:48 AM

how do you know Recon Eng is moving in?

Micah 07-10-2012 11:53 AM

Don't remember where or when I read it, but, I heard Recon Engineering was moving in it.....anyone else here this?

Bluechip 07-10-2012 11:54 AM

I heard the "Love Shack" was expanding....

marshrunner757 07-10-2012 11:57 AM

It's Recon. I know the owners of Recon.

dedwards04 07-10-2012 12:01 PM

I used to work for Recon and still have buddies working there that gave me all the scoop.

cajunyoung 07-10-2012 12:34 PM

ok, i work there now and was just wondering how ya'll knew. is anyone else on the forum now that works there?

marshrunner757 07-10-2012 12:36 PM

Used to. Work for CITGO now.

Uncle Barty 07-10-2012 01:36 PM

anybody remember that hot chick that use to work for Recon that would let you tap it if you took her out to OB's?

marshrunner757 07-10-2012 01:42 PM

LMAO!!!!

PaulMyers 07-10-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshrunner757 (Post 460019)
LMAO!!!!

Is that a YES? :D


What department do you work in at CITGO?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted