SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Question for the better fisherman than me! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34078)

BassYakR 07-21-2012 07:45 PM

Question for the better fisherman than me!
 
If you were going to fish tomorrow where would u fish? Lots of rain... Probably dirty water.... Targeting reds

Pole_benda 07-21-2012 07:50 PM

If I was fishing tomorrow and faced with those conditions, I would fish drains, deeper creeks, flooded grass areas with some water movement. Hard to beat a gold spoon this time of year in clear or dirty water. or a spinner bait. You could work your way into the marsh and Target the cleaner water where there is aquatic vegetation.

simplepeddler 07-21-2012 07:54 PM

not claiming better for sure.......actually I'm not good at all........
but the above is great.
I'll add I like the the large "beetle" spins in muddy water.....which I suspect you will find plenty of tomorrow

bgizzle 07-21-2012 07:59 PM

Where you going fishing? BL?

weedeater 07-21-2012 08:00 PM

Maybe Choupique Bayou or West Cove Canal..... just an idea and both have lots of marsh

bgizzle 07-21-2012 08:00 PM

Boat or yak?

weedeater 07-21-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 465778)
Boat or yak?

What kind of question is that:confused:, he's prez of TheCajunKayakClub.com ain't you heard:D

SpeckWrangler 07-21-2012 08:19 PM

Lol. We just wanna catch some damn fish that dont croak or fly ten feet in the air

SpeckWrangler 07-21-2012 08:20 PM

Yak for sure.

bgizzle 07-21-2012 08:22 PM

I'm sure I wouldn't have asked if I knew bro. West wind today so I'm sure west cove west bank would be the cleanest. West cove canal as said above. And try the west bank north of the canal around the crab traps and let me know if you get any there cuz they usually get there round this time. It's just a far run to check everytime I go fishing. Good luck

BassYakR 07-21-2012 08:35 PM

Any of the competition fishin in the am?

"W" 07-21-2012 08:35 PM

Playstaion

BassYakR 07-21-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 465780)
What kind of question is that:confused:, he's prez of TheCajunKayakClub.com ain't you heard:D

Not by choice! Lol seems like alot of work so far lol

weedeater 07-21-2012 08:37 PM

I have to work and I planed on goin Monday but I have to fix my stupid fence that blew down

BassYakR 07-21-2012 08:43 PM

Damn man... Sorry to hear that...

Evans 07-21-2012 08:43 PM

Black lake and salt ditch

SpeckWrangler 07-21-2012 08:51 PM

Black lake is a hell of a paddle. Ive done it before.

"W" 07-21-2012 08:58 PM

I will say this....if you were at Big Lake today when those storms came though ..you would not want to be on the water.... My camp was rocking and the wind blew a buddies golf cart to another buddies camp... Winds.were.in the upper 40's if not 50
Lighting was bad,,

weedeater 07-21-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 465801)
I will say this....if you were at Big Lake today when those storms came though ..you would not want to be on the water.... My camp was rocking and the wind blew a buddies golf cart to another buddies camp... Winds.were.in the upper 40's if not 50
Lighting was bad,,

They were calling for up to 70mph..... that would suck to be caught in

Evans 07-21-2012 09:15 PM

Yeah I wouldn't yak that far either with this weather I live 1 mile from cal point and it got bad at my house. I meant if you were in a boat. And watch the weather close!!!

BassYakR 07-21-2012 09:20 PM

Yeah we gonna try it somewhere... Not sure where yet.

SpeckWrangler 07-21-2012 09:20 PM

O yea we are watching weather very closely. Thanks for input guys. We gonna try to stay close to land just in case

1fastmerc 07-21-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 465791)
I have to work and I planed on goin Monday but I have to fix my stupid fence that blew down

I offered my help today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullcroaker 07-21-2012 10:28 PM

With the crazy storms we have been having if i was in a yak i would try Choupique bayou lauch off of hwy 27. Good red fishing and close to launch.

weedeater 07-22-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 465815)
I offered my help today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you offered but by the time I got off and got home it was to much to fight with not to mention all the water and ants in my yes right now.

1fastmerc 07-22-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 465838)
I know you offered but by the time I got off and got home it was to much to fight with not to mention all the water and ants in my yes right now.

Water and ants in your "yes" is bad and painful. Lmbo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weedeater 07-22-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 465864)
Water and ants in your "yes" is bad and painful. Lmbo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have no idea:redface:

1fastmerc 07-22-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 465866)
You have no idea:redface:

Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BassYakR 07-22-2012 12:11 PM

Well so far we found 5 good redfish! Now we hiding from the storm

weedeater 07-22-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 465895)
Well so far we found 5 good redfish! Now we hiding from the storm

Where did ya'll end up trying?

1fastmerc 07-22-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 465895)
Well so far we found 5 good redfish! Now we hiding from the storm

Awesome.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BassYakR 07-22-2012 01:08 PM

Between lake charles and prien area :-).... Ill tell ya after the tourney

BassYakR 07-22-2012 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Speckwranglers first one of the day

weedeater 07-22-2012 01:47 PM

I know what you was fishing with but I will keep it a secret..... pretty fish

BassYakR 07-22-2012 02:37 PM

I caught fish on 4 diff baits :-)

weedeater 07-22-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 465929)
I caught fish on 4 diff baits :-)

Those usually hold up better then that;), good thing you had a pack with atleast 4 in it:smokin:

BassYakR 07-22-2012 03:56 PM

Had fun besides gettin caught in the storm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted