SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   100 mile marathon!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34323)

fishinpox 07-28-2012 10:19 PM

100 mile marathon!!
 
http://burningriver100.org/

My uncle started this morning and is at mile 67 right now!! Freakin crazy!! 100 mile marathon!!

SaltyShaw 07-28-2012 10:23 PM

Pewwwww props to him!

fishinpox 07-28-2012 10:25 PM

He's a freakin animal!! Just got word he is ahead of pace and still running strong!! Beast mode!

fishinpox 07-29-2012 08:45 AM

He has been running for 24 hours straight! Mile 93!! Only 7 miles to go!!!!

jdm4x43732 07-29-2012 08:46 AM

He must have a little Forest Gump in him

fishinpox 07-29-2012 08:54 AM

His son ( my cousin) joined him for the last 20 miles, when I go up there for holidays to visit these 2 will come strolling in as everyone is waking up.... Just a daily 15 mile run!!

weedeater 07-29-2012 09:07 AM

What place is he in? My dad was talking about a race they run from Baton Rouge to New Orleans that sounds insane.

Matt G 07-29-2012 09:12 AM

That's freaking insane! The furthest I can run is to the ice chest...... And on a good day maybe back!

fishinpox 07-29-2012 09:14 AM

My cousin does these also http://toughmudder.com/video/

fishinpox 07-29-2012 09:17 AM

10 min from finish line !!

PaulMyers 07-29-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 468941)
10 min from finish line !!

What place is he in?

What percentage of runners actually finish these races?

Shawn Braquet 07-29-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 468942)
What place is he in?

What percentage of runners actually finish these races?

depends on how many dogs are chasing them:work:

fishinpox 07-29-2012 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished !

They also sent me a video , they finished strong! My cousin who was watching said people were crawling, collapsing over finish line!

BayBolt23 07-29-2012 09:33 AM

Beast Mode fo sho
Much respect for people that can do this!
How long did it take him Pox?

Top Dawg 07-29-2012 09:34 AM

That's crazy

fishinpox 07-29-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayBolt23 (Post 468948)
Beast Mode fo sho
Much respect for people that can do this!
How long did it take him Pox?

Over 24 hrs!

fishinpox 07-29-2012 10:17 AM

29hours 22 min.

eman 07-29-2012 11:44 AM

that's a 17.5 min per mile average over 100 miles. OMG!

calcutta37 07-29-2012 11:48 AM

insane

scott craft 07-29-2012 12:23 PM

Those ultramarathon guys are impressive. I have a book about Scott Jurek (one of the top ultramarathon runners) and it is amazing what those guys do.

huntin fool 07-29-2012 04:31 PM

Much respect to them!!!
I'll be doing a warrior dash in October on your end soon pox

He's one tough guy

fishinpox 07-29-2012 04:33 PM

U can crash at the crib if u need

southern151 07-29-2012 06:35 PM

Man, I drove 100 miles today and am exhausted! There's no way I could do that!

swamp snorkler 07-30-2012 06:25 AM

One of my nephews brought a buddy of his camping with us. When we went to go swimming he took his shoes off and his toes were all jacked up. I asked him WTH happened to your toe nails. He told me a few of them fell off after the last maraothon he ran. The furhtest I ever ran was a 5k non stop thats 3.2 miles. I have no dersire to go any further than that.

DUCKGOGETTER 07-30-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 469204)
Man, I drove 100 miles today and am exhausted! There's no way I could do that!


LOL!!!!!

fishinpox 07-27-2013 07:43 AM

It's that time again ... 17 miles in so far , 20 min ahead of schld

BIGV 07-27-2013 08:38 AM

Congrats to him! I ran a lot in the army but just a few miles a day and the thing for me was finding the right pace/stride for the distance.

fishinpox 07-27-2013 08:35 PM

My uncle started having knee trouble around 25 miles , he made it 55 miles before his knee gave out. Still pretty bad arse if u ask me

mr crab 07-28-2013 08:18 AM

Yeah. No doubt.

Slidellkid 07-28-2013 10:32 AM

That is amazing

Big Kahunaz 07-28-2013 10:49 AM

He's a freak. Just finished a six miler and I could no way set my mind for 94 more!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted