SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   please look out for motorcycles (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3448)

longcast 09-25-2009 08:02 PM

please look out for motorcycles
 
http://http://viewmorepics.myspace.c...ageID=46524986hey guys just a reminder to please take the time to look for motorcycles.i was heading south on common when i passed the intersection of common and prien lake.a group of young guys in a ford ranger were heading north and then turned left in front of me.i was on a yamaha r1 and hit them in the passenger door.i flew over the truck and slid about 15 yards on my arms and back.just for ****s and giiggles the driver of the truck has no insurence.:pissed:i am just going to be out of a motorcycle.i have health insurance so my medical will be paid but i will prob lose out on the bike.once again take the time to look for motorcycles.MOTORCYCLES ARE EVERYWHERE.

bay_slayer 09-25-2009 08:14 PM

You can always get another bike...........glad you're OK

Bluechip 09-25-2009 08:16 PM

I'm just across the river from you...If you need anything til you are back on your feet good just let me know....Just lending a hand Brother...

speck-chaser 09-25-2009 08:23 PM

Man thats a tough break. I havent quite decided what I would do yet If someone hit me that didnt have insurance.:shaking:

bay_slayer 09-25-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 53412)
Man thats a tough break. I havent quite decided what I would do yet If someone hit me that didnt have insurance.:shaking:


I have an idea of what I would do.........:work::work::work::work::work:

longcast 09-25-2009 08:28 PM

i dont know ether
 
man i dont know.he had a insurence card but when i placed the claim they called back and said it was cancelled.he was able to drive away in the same vehicle.anyone could be his next victim.i bet he still does not have insurence and is still driving.:pissed:

Hebert 09-25-2009 08:29 PM

glad your ok...sucks that the guy didn't have insurance.....i sold my bike last year..i finally realized that no matter how good of a rider i am..it will never protect me from idiots..

Jay 09-25-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 53409)
You can always get another bike...........glad you're OK

X2

speck-chaser 09-25-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 53416)
I have an idea of what I would do.........:work::work::work::work::work:


thats pretty much what I had in mind:D:D:D It seems after you have your insurance a little while,the ins. co. will send you your little card before you send in your payment. Therefore you have a card that makes you look legit,without even having the insurance. go figure.

longcast 09-25-2009 08:37 PM

agree
 
i have been riding =my whole life.you can not ptotect yourself against the idiots.

bay_slayer 09-25-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longcast (Post 53429)
i have been riding =my whole life.you can not ptotect yourself against the idiots.

Me too.......but as soon as we had our little boy, the bike did not matter anymore.....i was a changed man. I live for that boy, so I stay away from some of the more serious risks now-a-days!!;)

longcast 09-25-2009 08:45 PM

2 kids
 
i have 2 kids and agree with you.i have a boy that is allmost 4 and a girl that is 8 months.i have not been able to hold my little girl in 2 weeks.i am unsure about getting another bike but the wife loves to ride.i was able to get a boat because i bought a bike first.she will go ride but does not care about the boat at all.

eman 09-25-2009 08:47 PM

bikes
 
I have a little message i tell all new riders.
Just remember one thing, Motor cycle Riders Don't have fender benders, They Wreck!

longcast 09-25-2009 08:48 PM

so true
 
:work:

bay_slayer 09-25-2009 08:49 PM

Dang..........my wife is just the opposite............she loves the boats but isnt into the bike thing so much. that must kill you not being able to hold your little girl. My little boy is 2 and loves to get in the boat......so i have no problem with having boats!

longcast 09-25-2009 09:11 PM

boy
 
my boy loves the boat.just has no interest in fishing.he likes to go fast in the boat,one day i was wide open which is only 40mph but he wanted to go faster.he is just like my brother in law.a stunt man. my brother in law is a real good stunter on the bikes.he can do tricks that are totally awsome.

huntin fool 09-25-2009 09:17 PM

Glad your okay..So this didn't just happen today?




Glad your alright

longcast 09-25-2009 09:20 PM

no
 
this was tuesday of last week.i was hurting all week and was not able to get out of bed till sun.fri i woke up at about 4 screaming.i had spasm in my back.fri i was in more pain than i had ever been in.the doc took good care of me.pain pills and muscle relaxers

longcast 09-25-2009 09:22 PM

road rash
 
most of the skin on my arms from the elbow down was gone.i still can not use my r hand

bay_slayer 09-25-2009 09:25 PM

Dude that sux........i wish you a speedy recovery

BIGJ 09-25-2009 09:27 PM

That sucks man. Sorry to hear about that.
People still driving around without insurance. (Unbelievable)

Montauk17 09-25-2009 10:41 PM

wow man that sucks...glad your ok. One of my best friends had the same thing happen to him but he wasnt so lucky. He was doing about 50mph when a old man pulled out right in front of him. His bike looked like it went into a crusher and he broke just about every bone on the right side of his body. He was very lucky to be alive,but his right arm is paralized because of nerve damage. It does not matter how good you can ride dude,there are WAY too many idiots on the road. Hope you feel better soon,and think twice about getting another bike dude. Give me a ring tomorrow....maybe we can hit some fall trout in big lake when you get better.

killa k 09-25-2009 10:42 PM

Dude, that sux. I actually saw you right after it happened, you were sitting on the side of the road with your arms out and a cop and an EMT were looking at your rash. Your bike looked pretty trashed. Glad that you are ok for the most part, sorry about the insurance biz, I have seen much worse results from bike on truck collisions.

Gerald 09-25-2009 10:51 PM

Word of advice......

Go see a Lawyer.

A Lawyer should be able to get you some money from this guy.......unless this guy is a total loser.

longcast 09-25-2009 11:43 PM

lawyer
 
thats the only thing i can do.kila k.thats kinda cool you saw the aftermath.yea my hands hurt the worst right after the accident.my fingers were ground off pretty good.

southern151 09-26-2009 03:05 PM

I wish you a speedy recovery. I got hit in 2000. It was nothing funny. I was doing 40 when she turned left in front of me. Man, that's rough. You're lucky really, I caught some good hospital time, a blown out knee and, numerous broken bones, some of which still give me fits.

I bought another one in 05 and sold it this year. I all but gave my Harley away this year. My son took every last ounce of desire away to ride. Too much to live for these days.

Again, get well soon. Let me know if there's something I can do to help.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted