Fridge smell
My fridge outside was accidentally turned off and not noticed for 5 days. It leaked a little juice on some of the wood. I cleaned with Clorox, 409 and Etc. It still smells pretty bad.
Has any body had any luck with anything that will get the smell out of the wood and fridge? Will in time the smell eventually leave? [SIZE=3] [/SIZE] |
I've heard charcoal in the fridge helps.
|
Quote:
also newspaper works to absorb the smell |
Quote:
|
You talking about the wood or the fridge?
The wood I would pressure wash it, the fridge depending on how old it was I would junk it. Too many bacterias got into the duct work. I would probably get a new energy star rated one. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Take a regular cotton boot sock, put about a pound of ground coffee in it, and put in Fridge, use a another one in the top freezer. I have done this on several moves where the unit were in storage for a few weeks an never had a problem.
|
Vinagear
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk |
Quote:
|
Its in my camper and they cost like $1400 so ima gonna try to see if I can get the smell out before I have to replace it. Do yall think I need to close it or leave it open to air out with the charcoal and other suggestions. It works fine just stinks.
|
when my camper fridge is not running i leave it open.
|
Same thing happened to me. Used the charcoal with the door closed, absorbed a lot of it. Used Odoban, very heavily. Left it "wet" in the freezer part a couple of times and it went away
|
try an open box of baking soda or a bowl of white vinegar to absorb the smell
|
Try Odoban like Jchief said. We had a small fire in our house and that stuff took the smoke smell out of everything quick. Never used it on "fridge juice" but it took the smoke smell out quickly.
|
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
^^^^^ My wife is a cleanin' freak. She has a nose like a bloodhound. She swears by this stuff. I found this spray bottle and 2 full gallon jugs in the laundry room. Came from Sam's, I think. |
Clean it using toothpaste.
|
Charcoal worked for me after Rita but it took about a month. I put a layer of briquets on a cookie sheet and closed it up for about a week, changed the charcoal and did it again. It was pretty nasty after Rita. Good luck.
|
I have a guy coming pull it out this afternoon so I can clean it up real good. I wiped it down with ammonia n water then sprayed it with odorban I then put charcoal and cofee grounds in it. Smells 10x better I. Just 2 days. Might b able to save it
|
I had similar problem. Bleach and vinegar cleaned inside but there is an evaporator drain pan under the freezer that i did not know about. Had to get light under freezer and remove hose and pan. Smell went away after i dumped it and cleaned it. Simple green works and smells good also
Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2 |
vanilla extract works.
|
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted