SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Salty Cajun Christmas Drive, 2012!!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38376)

southern151 11-16-2012 01:08 PM

Salty Cajun Christmas Drive, 2012!!!
 
Well fellas, it's that time of year again. You know the time when our wives start getting all edgy about shopping and making sure we hang dangerously on the edge of our roof so that we can hang a bunch of lights up...Half of which never seem to work!:cry:

While we whine and complain about how our kids want the most expensive toys on the shelves, that our wives have gone completely insane with Black Friday and that there is no time to get everything in place, there is another man who can't do anything for Christmas this year. There's another family that won't be able to have a REAL Christmas dinner because money is too tight. There's another child who just wants a sense of normalicy. This is where we come in!...

Last year was a huge success in our Christmas Drive!!! We, as a site, raised in the range of $3100 that funded two families with the Christmas that, otherwise, they would not have had! We helped pay utility bills, bought clothes, toys, food for the pantry, provided a Real Christmas dinner and, if only for that day, we brought two families comfort and normalicy!

I have a firsthand account of one of the deliveries and, let me tell you, it was the single most fulfilling day in my life, next to my kids being born. The astonished look of parents and kids alike was as moving as anything I've ever seen. There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd.

Ladies and gentlemen, I ask that you get on board again this year to make this another successful drive. There is no contribution too small! As I understand it, we already have two deserving families picked out. If we can raise more, perhaps there could be a third!

Let's do this fellas!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at my office/shop @ 225-647-2772 or, on my cell. It is 580-716-4995.

I'll post my PayPal info in a minute.

jdm4x43732 11-16-2012 01:14 PM

We need volunteers to help make this happen. I know Eman volunteered to cook for one family, but we will need people to shop, wrap, and deliver presents. Also to cook for the West side family. Last year my mom along with Shawn and Bridget Braquet helped tremendously on the family I was in charge of and I'd like to thank them agian.

southern151 11-16-2012 01:45 PM

My PayPal acct is c_fisher79@yahoo.com. That's c underscore fisher 79.

Like Johnny said, this is a very big process so, if there is anyone who would like to volunteer for either family, please let me know! Eman and, Mrs. Eman have already offered their support in cooking this year's dinner again! Thank you so much!

southern151 11-16-2012 01:50 PM

One more note...

We will keep the format the same as it was last year. We will list everyone who donated but, not the amount that was donated. We will also list any businesses who donate but, again, not the amount. We will collect until Dec 15. In the days following, we will put all the names of donors in a hat and do drawings for various prizes that have yet to be determined.

Let's make this another big success! Thanks in advance and, again, please feel free to contact me or any site admin with any questions or concerns. My info is listed in the OP.

southern151 11-16-2012 06:43 PM

And, again...One more note.

When you send any contribution through PayPal, please put your screen name as it appears here on SC so that I know who's name to put into the drawing.

Regards,

Corey

PaulMyers 11-16-2012 06:52 PM

Also send your PayPal donation as a gift so the fees will not be taken out.

calcutta37 11-16-2012 07:30 PM

Just sent payment forgot to put my screen name...

"W" 11-16-2012 07:37 PM

I will send my donation this week

jwlunsford82 11-16-2012 07:40 PM

My boss lady says she will do whatever for the west family that needs to be done
Call anytime 228-323-3527
Jimmy

Bluechip 11-16-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwlunsford82 (Post 517875)
My boss lady says she will do whatever for the west family that needs to be done
Call anytime 228-323-3527
Jimmy

Awesome!!

southern151 11-16-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwlunsford82 (Post 517875)
My boss lady says she will do whatever for the west family that needs to be done
Call anytime 228-323-3527
Jimmy

We will be in touch soon. We need a lot of help when it comes to shopping, wrapping and, cooking. Thank you!

jdm4x43732 11-16-2012 08:43 PM

Guys please post a link on your Facebook accounts and forward the link to people in your email address book.

jwlunsford82 11-16-2012 08:57 PM

Southern
Also I would like to know wants for kids parents etc. we plan on buying gifts, food whatever is needed we have a commercial coffee buisness here in lake Charles and will help anyway possible. On another note caught 1 red and 5 trout in turners this afternoon.

Jimmy

southern151 11-16-2012 09:29 PM

Jimmy, I'll give you a call tomorrow. Thank you so much for offering to help!

We received $210 today! Thanks everybody!

mommy2jcj 11-16-2012 09:31 PM

Johnny's mom here and I'm more than happy to help with whatever needs to be done for West side. Glad to hear the business in L C is on board!

jwlunsford82 11-17-2012 11:20 AM

I see you guys on here killing the trout if any one wants to donate some to this cause I have a commercial vacuum sealer and am willing to clean them for the cause and freeze them. Most of us on here are fortunate enough to have fish very often let's keep in mind thaws families that might not get the chance to have a nice fish fry

Thanks
Jimmy

jsethl13 11-17-2012 11:38 AM

Donation sent! Hope it helps!
-Seth LaHaye

fishinpox 11-17-2012 12:23 PM

i will talk to you corey when i get back in town ... we'll figure something out similar to what i did last year

southern151 11-17-2012 12:48 PM

Thank you Seth! Every bit counts!

Mike, I look forward to it and, Jimmy, it was great speaking to you this morning! Thanks to you and the wife for offering to help! I'll be in touch!

jchief 11-17-2012 06:16 PM

Shawn, let me know what I can do to help with the west side family

PistolPackinMama 11-17-2012 08:45 PM

Not sure exactly what's going on here, but I make preserves and jellies. If there's a way for me to help, let me know. I make bourbon jellies (all kinds), pepper and crawfish jellies; and wine jelly. Great Christmas gifts.

If someone can message me or email me, tell me how to help, I'll donate all profits to the cause. I'm emilybettevy@gmail.com.

jwlunsford82 11-17-2012 08:50 PM

Packinmama. Get with southern151 he can give you all the info you need. Thanks for helping
Jimmy

PistolPackinMama 11-17-2012 08:58 PM

Thanks, Jimmy. Just did. -Emily

jdm4x43732 11-19-2012 09:52 AM

Where do we stand with donations Corey?

southern151 11-19-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 (Post 518685)
Where do we stand with donations Corey?

I believe we are at $245 right now. We have several promised funds that will be coming in soon.

Thanks to all who have already sent money and to those who have promised money. We are on a good track right now but, we will need to do more if we want to meet or exceed what we did last year.

ShadMan 11-19-2012 11:05 PM

I'm in again this year. Got a Franklin on the way to ya. Thanks for doing this again! :cheers:

southern151 11-19-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 519028)
I'm in again this year. Got a Franklin on the way to ya. Thanks for doing this again! :cheers:

Awesome Shad! Thanks for tye continued support!

southern151 11-20-2012 08:49 AM

We recieved a total of $225 dollars yesterday!! Thanks to all of you!

jsethl13 11-20-2012 10:07 AM

That's awesome! Please let me know if you need anything else (delivery assistance, gathering goods/gifts, etc..). I did mission work in Mexico on and off for a couple of years and I miss being "hands-on". It's the best feeling in the world when you can share that experience with the families in need. Happy Salty is doing this.
-Seth

ShadMan 11-20-2012 09:32 PM

Glad to help.

jdm4x43732 11-25-2012 11:03 AM

Sunday bump

southern151 11-26-2012 04:08 PM

Alright guys! Sorry, I've been tied up with work so, I haven't been able to get too active on the Christmas drive. Currently, we have raised $540 toward our mission! We are running out of time here!

Supposedly, TopDawg or "W" will be donating $1000 to the cause...We're just waiting to see who the "looser" of their bet is!:rolleyes::rotfl:

In all seriousness, we have a long way to go and a short time to get there. Please help with whatever you can. Remember, no contribution is too small!:)

all star rod 11-26-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 521527)
Alright guys! Sorry, I've been tied up with work so, I haven't been able to get too active on the Christmas drive. Currently, we have raised $540 toward our mission! We are running out of time here!

Supposedly, TopDawg or "W" will be donating $1000 to the cause...We're just waiting to see who the "looser" of their bet is!:rolleyes::rotfl:

In all seriousness, we have a long way to go and a short time to get there. Please help with whatever you can. Remember, no contribution is too small!:)

Flounderpoopoo did not send his 140K plus check yet?????

southern151 11-28-2012 10:59 AM

Where's everybody at? Let's get this ball rolling guys! Time is running out.

ckinchen 11-29-2012 08:58 AM

Ok guys, I have a case of Hevi-Metal/Shot 12 gauge shells, your choice of 3 and 1/2 or 3 inch I will raffle off to everyone that has donated. A case of 3's will run you over $200 and a case of 3 & 1/2 will cost a little more. I will also raffle off a new American Rodsmith split grip rod to be picked up at the tackle box (once I bring it to them).

southern151 11-29-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 522553)
Ok guys, I have a case of Hevi-Metal/Shot 12 gauge shells, your choice of 3 and 1/2 or 3 inch I will raffle off to everyone that has donated. A case of 3's will run you over $200 and a case of 3 & 1/2 will cost a little more. I will also raffle off a new American Rodsmith split grip rod to be picked up at the tackle box (once I bring it to them).

Thanks Chicken!! C'mon guys! If this don't get ya going, nothing will! We need your help to pull this off!

HHenry1 11-29-2012 10:59 AM

Who does one need to speak to in order to donate?

ckinchen 11-29-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HHenry1 (Post 522663)
Who does one need to speak to in order to donate?

Southern 151, his paypal info is as follows:

c_fisher79@yahoo.com. That's c underscore fisher 79.

If you would like to send a check please Pm Corey at southern151.

HHenry1 11-29-2012 11:05 AM

thank you Sir

jdm4x43732 11-29-2012 02:17 PM

This is some info on our west side family. We are approx 2 weeks away from our deadline. As of now we have raised $540.00.


( girl, 11 grade)
Favorite color(s) – lime green, turquoise, hunter orange
Clothes sizes –T-shirt: Adult small; fitted shirts- Med/Large; Pants –size 9
Shoe size – 8 ½ -9

Not a girly girl, loves music. Prefers solid colors over prints/patterns.
She has a pre-paid phone that she maintains, so AT&T go-phone cards would be a good gift.
black no show socks, hair accessories (ponytail holders, elastic headbands, bobby pins), workout DVDs (she like Pilates or ab workouts), bright finger nail polish, mascara
Perfume, lotions, i-pod arm band (the kind you can work out with)

( boy, 10th grade)
Favorite color – Red, black
Clothes sizes –T-shirt: Adult large; Pants –33/30
Shoe size –9 ½

Interested in video production –likes to make short videos and post on youtube. He is an artist, so drawing pads/notebooks, etc.
Loves graphic t-shirts with outrageous saying on them.
Needs a duffle bag set, ankle socks

(girl, 6TH grade)
Favorite color(s) – bright colors (hot pink, lime green…) Currently, she is into zebra print.
Clothes sizes –T-shirt: Adult med; other shirts- Youth 16/18 or XL; Pants –Youth 16/18 or junior size 7 (short)
Shoe size –8

She basically into anything her older brother or sister are in to.
This past year she started JV basketball – basketball shorts and t-shirts.
Bright color/different design no show socks, hair accessories (ponytail holders, elastic headbands).
Needs a duffle bag/suitcase set.



Also if anyone knows of a grocery or convienance store who can donate food please see if they would be willing to participate.

southern151 11-29-2012 04:24 PM

We just recieved another $100 donation! Thank you so much!

I will try to sit down tonight and make a running list of donors.

southern151 11-29-2012 05:24 PM

And, another $50 donation!

jdm4x43732 11-29-2012 07:24 PM

Thanks for the donations guys!!

eman 11-29-2012 09:08 PM

I hope to get some info on the east side family tomorrow that i can post .

southern151 11-29-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 522969)
I hope to get some info on the east side family tomorrow that i can post .

Look forward to it!

jldsc 11-29-2012 11:44 PM

sent my donation..

jdm4x43732 11-30-2012 07:06 AM

thanks worm!

I've got a few other donations promised, hopefully we can meet out goal.

jldsc 11-30-2012 07:08 AM

anytime for a good cause..times are good for me $$ wise so Its only right to give to a couple families in need.

Lake Chuck Duck 11-30-2012 08:22 AM

Contributed, be looking for it:D

southern151 11-30-2012 08:38 AM

Thanks guys! I got in this morning to see that we had yet another $460 donated after I last posted yesterday!!! Thank you all!

Our running total is $1150 right now! You guys are great!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted