SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New additions to the forum! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3846)

ShadMan 10-09-2009 07:42 PM

New additions to the forum!
 
1.) I've installed a "Cash" system here that rewards users for contributing to the forums, referring members, etc., and takes cash away for infractions and other negative actions. ;) The next couple weeks will be a testing phase for it to make sure it is calculating properly. After that, I plan to install a store of sorts where you can purchase certain things using your cash. In addition, I plan to hold raffles where you can buy raffle tickets with your cash and the prize will be real...maybe a gift certificate, rod, etc....heck, maybe even a TV if it works the way I hope it will.

2.) I've added the Premium Member functionality, and put a link that says "Go Premium!" in the navigation bar at the top of the forum. The cost for premium membership will be $6/month or $50/year. Premium membership gets you more cash on the forum (more chances in the raffle ;) ), a much bigger PM box, use of custom title and signature, a bold green username, use of Invisible mode, a larger avatar and profile picture size limit, and a bunch of other additions that I can't remember off the top of my head.

3.) I've added the ability to add logos for your favorite professional and college (NCAA) sports teams in your profile that will show on your post. I thought it might be a fun addition. :) To change yours, go into your UserCP, click on Edit Your Details on the left, and select your favorite teams at the bottom of the profile screen.

Y'all let me know if you see any issues with any of these, such as pictures not showing correctly, cash not showing up, etc.

More upgrades and enhancements coming soon! :cheers:

Dink 10-09-2009 08:14 PM

Part of the premium membership should be that I can ban a person for 1 hour if they say something I don't like!!! It could be a fun add on.............just a thought.......Tim

fishinpox 10-09-2009 08:15 PM

thanks for all the hard work!!

ShadMan 10-09-2009 08:17 PM

On SaltyTexan I had a program called "BanHammer" where you could pay to try and ban someone via a roll of the dice. It was pretty fun for a while. :)

Dink 10-09-2009 08:18 PM

I'll give you 5dollars and 7cents for a Banhammer!!!!!

huntin fool 10-09-2009 08:20 PM

Could we use our cash and go premium?







thanks shad.



-i wont be posting much anymore, so i was just wondering..

Mediumheavyaction6'6 10-09-2009 08:23 PM

you are the man shadman thanks for making this sight awesome

Dink 10-09-2009 08:24 PM

HEY!!!! My sig now says Senior Member!!! Does that mean I can't get it up???


Having sex at 90 is like shooting pool w/ a rope........(George Burns)

huntin fool 10-09-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 59180)
HEY!!!! My sig now says Senior Member!!! Does that mean I can't get it up???


Having sex at 90 is like shooting pool w/ a rope........(George Burns)


your's says black drum too!?!


and mine says bull red.


Dang why we in the "drum family"

blackmamba 10-09-2009 08:32 PM

sweet shadman keep it up.

Can we order decals and shirts now? If not, let me know when.

ShadMan 10-09-2009 08:33 PM

I was making some adjustments on the User Titles. I think I've got them sorted now.

ShadMan 10-09-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmamba (Post 59185)
sweet shadman keep it up.

Can we order decals and shirts now? If not, let me know when.

I think "W" has shirts and decals. You might PM him and ask if he still has any or if he has an order coming up.

Dink 10-09-2009 08:51 PM

I've got 235 bucks!! I can get a billystix!!!

Red Devil 10-09-2009 08:52 PM

Hey Shad, can you elaborate a little more on how we earn cash. All i ever do is shoo the breeze and I got 340. Not sure how that happened.

ShadMan 10-09-2009 08:55 PM

You get some just for becoming a member, some for posting, some for just reading the forum, etc. There are about 100 different options to earn or lose cash. The actual point values for each are secret to keep people from becoming cash whores. :)

bay_slayer 10-09-2009 08:56 PM

yeah i'm curious about the cash thing too

Red Devil 10-09-2009 08:58 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, nice touch on the cash whore thing.

Red Devil 10-09-2009 08:58 PM

I'm Green baby!!!! WOOT WOOT

huntin fool 10-09-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 59194)
You get some just for becoming a member, some for posting, some for just reading the forum, etc. There are about 100 different options to earn or lose cash. The actual point values for each are secret to keep people from becoming cash whores. :)



i dont wanna be a cash hore or nothing...but....i got more post then some people, and they got more cash than me..??


guess thats when the point thingy comes in?

longcast 10-09-2009 09:02 PM

BROKE
 
I AM BROKE.thanks shad i think these are great ideas.how to i go about paying for premium membership.i am saltycajun all the way.

longcast 10-09-2009 09:03 PM

dang
 
i am a sheephead.how do i pay for premium membership again:cry::cry::cry:

Dink 10-09-2009 09:04 PM

Fool...........that's b/c you catch big fish and "some people" a jealous!!!

Red Devil 10-09-2009 09:05 PM

I wonder what determines what type of fish we are????

huntin fool 10-09-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 59205)
Fool...........that's b/c you catch big fish and some people a jealous!!!



I guess...They have to have more cash than me, lord knows the can't catch bigger fish than me! :rotfl:

Dink 10-09-2009 09:06 PM

I think it's post count.........

Dink 10-09-2009 09:07 PM

It could also have something to do w/ the teams you picked to display????

slick143 10-09-2009 09:08 PM

Thank's Shad. Sound cool

huntin fool 10-09-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 59212)
It could also have something to do w/ the teams you picked to display????


shad lives in texas..pick texas teams, more cash
;)

ShadMan 10-09-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longcast (Post 59203)
i am a sheephead.how do i pay for premium membership again:cry::cry::cry:

LOL...you can click on the "Go Premium!" link at the top of the forum and pay via PayPal. ;)

longcast 10-09-2009 09:21 PM

thanks
 
i am now a premium member.:D

Jordan 10-09-2009 09:21 PM

can u or would u take a check ??

bay_slayer 10-09-2009 09:24 PM

I have gone green myself!!!!!!!!

ShadMan 10-09-2009 09:34 PM

Yes, if you want to mail payment, send me a PM and I'll reply with my address.

BIGJ 10-09-2009 09:35 PM

Thanks Shadman for all the hard work.
Keep it up man:)

CatDaddy 10-09-2009 09:43 PM

Awesome Shad Dude..... LAS is going down...

"W" 10-09-2009 09:50 PM

Is my name GREEN???

CatDaddy 10-09-2009 09:52 PM

no.... It looks blue to me

Bluechip 10-09-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 59245)
Is my name GREEN???

No...you have to get a premium membership...

"W" 10-09-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 59250)
No...you have to get a premium membership...


I am a Premium member.....Shad said I was set up...but I think I got shaft:( I cant see anything new on my edits:cry::cry::cry:

Bluechip 10-09-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 59254)
I am a Premium member.....Shad said I was set up...but I think I got shaft:( I cant see anything new on my edits:cry::cry::cry:

Imagine that....:D

Dink 10-09-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 59256)
Imagine that....:D



HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! You crack me up!!!

"W" 10-09-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 59256)
Imagine that....:D


Going to have to make a conference call:eek:

Jay 10-09-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 59256)
Imagine that....:D


:*****:

CatDaddy 10-09-2009 10:18 PM

Any one say what determines the type of fish you are under your name?

Can I be a shiner? or a mullet? or a red carp?

Dink 10-09-2009 10:20 PM

I like the puppy drum you got there..........your a throw back!! HAhahahaha!!!

bay_slayer 10-09-2009 10:21 PM

Cat, you should be a gaspagoo

CatDaddy 10-09-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 59275)
Cat, you should be a gaspagoo


lol... I kinda like it.. Or mabey a Buffalo huh?

bay_slayer 10-09-2009 10:25 PM

it would fit you well!! LMAO

CatDaddy 10-09-2009 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 59278)
it would fit you well!! LMAO


LOL... Check me out when i had my beard..Found this in the archives the other day..:*****::*****::*****::*****:

huntin fool 10-09-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 59281)
LOL... Check me out when i had my beard..Found this in the archives the other day..:*****::*****::*****::*****:


how bout we just call you a grass carp?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted