SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Fresh on the market- Outcast Reels (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42263)

Lake Chuck Duck 03-20-2013 08:57 PM

Fresh on the market- Outcast Reels
 
6 Attachment(s)
I was able to meet up with Glen and the Stick Em Rod crew at Longcast's house. He just delivered the first batch of the new Outcast Reels to Lake Charles. I believe they made there first appearance at the Houston show. These things are bad a$$! They have completely redesigned the reel from the last model. He was explaining how much testing they did to these reels and I am a believer that they are a quality reel that should hold up. They are available in white, blue, and grey. OB was able to get a handful for the case at the Tackle Box if anyone would like to check them out or pick one up. And as always you can get with Longcast to get an order in. Talk about smooth! I can't wait to give this sucker a try!

PaulMyers 03-20-2013 09:06 PM

I've only used mine on 1 outing so far but I can tell you they do cast very well and are extremely smooth.

For $130.00 they can't be beat!

LCD, I got mine a few days before the show. :D

If anybody in the Bluff wants to check them out, look me up. I have a few at the house spooled up and ready to try.

Lake Chuck Duck 03-20-2013 09:07 PM

Um, Jason has one for you. Was Glen mistaken that you needed on?

PaulMyers 03-20-2013 09:12 PM

That's correct! That one is for a friend of mine. I'll try to get it picked up this weekend.

longcast 03-20-2013 10:00 PM

The new reels are awesome and crazy light. Paul you have a couple items to pick up. Lol see you soon. **** lets just make a trip out of it.

PaulMyers 03-20-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longcast (Post 562325)
The new reels are awesome and crazy light. Paul you have a couple items to pick up. Lol see you soon. **** lets just make a trip out of it.

Works for me. I'll get with you Friday.

Goooh 03-21-2013 06:19 AM

Where are these made? I know they are out of TX, but what's the story on the parts and stuff?

Montauk17 03-21-2013 06:21 AM

All reels are made overseas...only way to keep the price down. I think ardent is the only one made in the US.

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 562354)
Where are these made? I know they are out of TX, but what's the story on the parts and stuff?

The parts are made to Glen's specs (somewhere ???) and then assembled in Texas.

Montauk17 03-21-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 562357)
The parts are made to Glen's specs (somewhere ???) and then assembled in Texas.

Does it start with a c? ;) Im sure it is a great reel

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 562358)
Does it start with a c? ;)

No Clue.

Lake Chuck Duck 03-21-2013 07:09 AM

They did alot of testing of the parts in high concentration salt water for a very long period of time, like 75 days or something, putting it in and bringing it back to air. Reassembled the reel and no problems. Should be a tuff reel.

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 562367)
They did alot of testing of the parts in high concentration salt water for a very long period of time, like 75 days or something, putting it in and bringing it back to air. Reassembled the reel and no problems. Should be a tuff reel.

I'll keep you posted. I'm the poster child for not cleaning/rinsing reels!

Lake Chuck Duck 03-21-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 562371)
I'll keep you posted. I'm the poster child for not cleaning/rinsing reels!

What colors did you get?

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 07:29 AM

White for Jayden, a blue and a graphite for me. All matched up on Stick'Em rods. Sweet combos for $210.00 each.

"W" 03-21-2013 07:35 AM

reel weight???

Lake Chuck Duck 03-21-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 562385)
reel weight???

It says it on the box there on the second pic, but not at home to look. Its hard to make out but looks like either .5 or .6 lb.

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 562385)
reel weight???

I'd let you know if I had a scale that read in ounces, can't help you there.

SaltERedneck 03-21-2013 07:52 AM

9.6 oz

BassYakR 03-21-2013 08:01 AM

Id like to try one out... But i love my lews reels...

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go.

SaltERedneck 03-21-2013 08:12 AM

8oz then

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Other end of box.

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 08:28 AM

By comparison a Core 100MG7 weighs 6.1oz ($349.95 Retail), a Chronarch CH200E5 weighs 7.6oz ($199.95 retail) and a Curado CU200G7 weighs 7.2oz ($159.95 Retail)

$130.00 for an 8oz reel made this well looks good to me.

BassYakR 03-21-2013 09:00 AM

149.99 lews also.. Or even the 99.99 lews

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 562429)
149.99 lews also.. Or even the 99.99 lews

Didn't have model numbers to check the weights.

If you have the time, feel free to post them up.

SGib 03-21-2013 09:12 AM

199.99 lews is 6.7oz
149.99 7.9
99.99 is 7.6

BassYakR 03-21-2013 09:18 AM

I would like to try em tho...

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)

BassYakR 03-21-2013 09:20 AM

Hard to beat the distance the lews can cast.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)

SGib 03-21-2013 09:22 AM

299.99 lews is 5.9. Lighter than core?!?

inchspinner 03-21-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 562397)
I'd let you know if I had a scale that read in ounces, can't help you there.

Paul what you weightn there lil buddy:)

bayouchub 03-21-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGib (Post 562442)
299.99 lews is 5.9. Lighter than core?!?

Not the core 50. Its 5.5oz.

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchspinner (Post 562458)
Paul what you weightn there lil buddy:)

Nothing at all! :cool:

"W" 03-21-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayouchub (Post 562482)
Not the core 50. Its 5.5oz.


That is what I have on all my rods is the Core50MG

I did try one of these reels in testing , the guys stayed at my camp for a SC event and had one.... Dont know if there was any changes to the reel since then but it was a smooth reel

PaulMyers 03-21-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 562518)
That is what I have on all my rods is the Core50MG

I did try one of these reels in testing , the guys stayed at my camp for a SC event and had one.... Dont know if there was any changes to the reel since then but it was a smooth reel

Complete redesign, you should try the new ones if you get a chance.

Captain Brian 03-25-2013 09:51 AM

Anyone notice that lews and Abu reel parts interchange?Most all the parts except the frame and bearings are the same.Lews does have higher quality bearings so that explains the better casting distance.They all come from the same place.

mikedatiger 03-25-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Brian (Post 563615)
Anyone notice that lews and Abu reel parts interchange?Most all the parts except the frame and bearings are the same.Lews does have higher quality bearings so that explains the better casting distance.They all come from the same place.

I was going to say the same thing. All three of the reels in this thread look extremely similar (frame, spools, drag, etc.). If the Outcast is the same as the Abu 6 bearing model, then it's a bargain as it's significantly cheaper.

SGib 03-25-2013 10:06 AM

H2o and shimano can exchange

Clampy 03-25-2013 11:09 AM

Doesn't saltwater mess up a core ? I don't know. Just curious.

Wide Open 03-25-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampy (Post 563648)
Doesn't saltwater mess up a core ? I don't know. Just curious.

Not to my knowledge! I've got 6 with my oldest I believe an 09 or 10, and it's still as good as new, and used primarily in saltwater! A lot at that!

Raymond 03-25-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGib (Post 563627)
H2o and shimano can exchange

Where can you xchange shimano?

SGib 03-25-2013 08:56 PM

Left side of spool bearings are same size. My fault didn't mean to put it as parts swap. Never tried.

Jwfflipper 03-30-2013 03:10 PM

I seen the prototypes last summer when the were at the civic center for that 4 hour show.
They didnt look that bad then only seen the blue one.

Jwfflipper 03-30-2013 03:13 PM

we are talking about Glen at Stickem Rods right?

PaulMyers 03-30-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwfflipper (Post 565180)
we are talking about Glen at Stickem Rods right?

Correct

grizzon30s 05-15-2013 06:43 PM

I'm interested in these. Where can I look at one? I need to touch and feel before I buy

longcast 05-15-2013 06:45 PM

I think Paul has a few. You can also check them out over at the tackle box. I should have some more in a week or so.

PaulMyers 05-15-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzon30s (Post 580712)
I'm interested in these. Where can I look at one? I need to touch and feel before I buy

Yes, I have a few in all 3 colors. I also have a couple on Stick'Em rods that you can try.

huntin fool 05-15-2013 09:13 PM

If Paul is not available get with me, right down the road from him. Got the rods and reel

grizzon30s 05-15-2013 09:16 PM

Paul and hunting fool, where are y'all located?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted