SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Magnolia LNG (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47278)

Gottogo49 08-24-2013 03:57 PM

Magnolia LNG
 
Latest rumors are that the Industrial Canal will be closed to all fishing. Also there are serious discussions about closing the Calcasieu Point boat launch.
Security Zone issues. Hope they are wrong.

PaulMyers 08-24-2013 04:39 PM

Maybe they could just set buoys to mark the 500ft Exclusion Zone. :rolleyes:

marshrunner757 08-24-2013 04:40 PM

I posed that question to coworkers a while back. That would suck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

"W" 08-24-2013 05:08 PM

Please dont close that launch.....Heberts will never support that many boats on Sat.

Evans 08-24-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gottogo49 (Post 620832)
Latest rumors are that the Industrial Canal will be closed to all fishing. Also there are serious discussions about closing the Calcasieu Point boat launch.
Security Zone issues. Hope they are wrong.

Man I hope that's not ture!!!!

Country Boy 08-24-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 620844)
Please dont close that launch.....Heberts will never support that many boats on Sat.

Heberts here we come!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

evis102 08-24-2013 06:18 PM

My cousin works for the parish. He told me about closing down Cal. Point awhile back. But LNG is going to build a park with a launch farther south.

Gottogo49 08-24-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evis102 (Post 620863)
My cousin works for the parish. He told me about closing down Cal. Point awhile back. But LNG is going to build a park with a launch farther south.

The old Devil's Elbow launch would be good but not nearly enough parking.
Crab Lady is another good site but again parking is inadequate.

You are in the know, how about the plan for closing the 210 boat launch and fixing up the Prien Park? Actually I heard it the other way around but I hope that I am wrong. The parish people won't tell me anything.

Big pond 08-24-2013 08:58 PM

U would think if this was true they would stop all the additions and work going on at cal point

"W" 08-24-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big pond (Post 620930)
U would think if this was true they would stop all the additions and work going on at cal point

Winner ^

Bdub 08-24-2013 09:54 PM

I was gonna mention that too, but since im not in the know my word is invalid :p

PaulMyers 08-24-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdub (Post 620944)
I was gonna mention that too, but since im not in the know my word is invalid :p

And don't forget it! ;)

BaseballFisherman 08-24-2013 10:40 PM

I'd be surprised to see Cal Point close with all of the money that's currently being put into it. It would definitely suck if it ever did get closed down. It's extremely convenient for access to Big Lake and its a very nice launch.

Gottogo49 08-25-2013 08:18 AM

Have you never seen taxpayer money wasted before.
Once the funds are approved and contracts are let there is no stopping it even if it is only used for a couple of months. And when have "security zones" ever made sense?
I hope you are all right. I would miss Cal Pt too.

mr crab 08-25-2013 09:39 AM

I don't understand the security zone issues yall have at the lng facility on cal. River. We can enter and fish the lights and docks at 2 of the same exact same facilities here. Only time you can't access it is when a ship is in there, and I have never seen one. We have total access to any part we can access by boat. I don't understand why the rules over there are so much more restrictive?

BROWN FIN 08-25-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr crab (Post 620992)
I don't understand the security zone issues yall have at the lng facility on cal. River. We can enter and fish the lights and docks at 2 of the same exact same facilities here. Only time you can't access it is when a ship is in there, and I have never seen one. We have total access to any part we can access by boat. I don't understand why the rules over there are so much more restrictive?

The USCG is the one that sets these security zones. They are a bit overprotective over here for some reason.

Gottogo49 08-25-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr crab (Post 620992)
I don't understand the security zone issues yall have at the lng facility on cal. River. We can enter and fish the lights and docks at 2 of the same exact same facilities here. Only time you can't access it is when a ship is in there, and I have never seen one. We have total access to any part we can access by boat. I don't understand why the rules over there are so much more restrictive?

The Commanding Officer of MSU Port Arthur is responsible for carrying out the Coast Guard's homeland security, marine safety, and marine environmental protection missions in a zone of responsibility that includes Southwest Louisiana and Southeast and East Texas. Included in this zone are the Ports of Lake Charles, Louisiana; Sabine, Port Arthur, Orange and Beaumont, Texas; 141 miles of the Gulf Intra coastal Waterway; and 4 Outer Continental Shelf Lease Zones.

Interesting it seems like there should be some consistency.

Andy C 08-25-2013 03:24 PM

Only ever fished there once. And until the other day never even been to Cp. ...... now the New one's in hackberry I have hiden around in a lighting storm, twice!! Last time they came to run us off said they called C.G. and they would take my boat truck and jail time. I said" can't wait till they get here so I will be in a safe boat from the lighting!!!" They never showed, stayed about an hour with 4 other boats and then left when it was safe!!! I understand there issues, but Damn!! The ship channel is a no stop zone by there already!!!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

weedeater 08-25-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big pond (Post 620930)
U would think if this was true they would stop all the additions and work going on at cal point

Some of yall need to take alittle ride up Houston River road just north of the Sasol plant to take alook at all of the new homes that WERE being built that are now owned buy Sasol and will soon be torn down. I aint saying this is the case with Cal. Point but if they think they will be bought out due to the LNG plant or any other major project then they will continue to add own till the time comes to collect an even bigger return.... this happens often when the big projects began to unfold and people in the surrounding area know they will cash in very well.

jchief 08-25-2013 04:54 PM

Someone is checking on this for me. Will let you know what they say. As of now, they have not heard a thing.

Bluechip 08-25-2013 05:01 PM

I heard the blame belonged to CCA...... They are mad at the fishermen for catching all the fish and next years STAR tournament will be for bank fishermen only....

evis102 08-25-2013 05:12 PM

Cal. Point to be used as some sort of law enforcement headquarters. They already moved the park keeper out.

Dougie 08-25-2013 05:21 PM

The current ongoing construction there includes a Amphitheater. Launch your boat and enjoy the lecture! :)

Is not that entire strip of land, (the south shore of the LNG canal), all Federal land? Was not that where they were going to put the U.S. Navy ships that were going to be home-ported in LC? The road to the point is probably on the federal property. We cross Fed land to launch, and fish their shores afterwards. None of this could be a clue, egh?

Duck Butter 08-25-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 621141)
I heard the blame belonged to CCA...... They are mad at the fishermen for catching all the fish and next years STAR tournament will be for bank fishermen only....

:rotfl::grinpimp:

Duck Butter 08-25-2013 05:27 PM

I will withhold until something official comes out, but looking from a national security standpoint - it would only take one crazed person in a boat to do some serious damage. LNG is pretty flammable:eek:

jchief 08-25-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 621156)
I will withhold until something official comes out, but looking from a national security standpoint - it would only take one crazed person in a boat to do some serious damage. LNG is pretty flammable:eek:

A lot more things they could do besides LNG and be very deadly.

Duck Butter 08-25-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 621160)
A lot more things they could do besides LNG and be very deadly.

truth:)

Gottogo49 08-25-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 621156)
I will withhold until something official comes out, but looking from a national security standpoint - it would only take one crazed person in a boat to do some serious damage. LNG is pretty flammable:eek:

True, but why use a boat when you could do plenty of damage from the road.
The bad guys have drone bombers too. There are also programmable mines that are like are like roadside bombs they sit on the bottom waiting until the right big boat comes along then become like torpedoes and home in on their targets. Marine Security zones won't stop either of these. The real bad guys have lots of money and lots of high tech toys.

chief paul 08-26-2013 06:49 AM

Seems to me ,all the work being done is west side of the launch.For bird watchers and bank fishing.How many times have you launched there and used that area? They can close the launch and have a tourist area! ( hope not! )

Gottogo49 08-26-2013 08:34 AM

An informed source told be CP would be closing in 3-5 years.
I also heard that CCA was considering building a fish hatchery there.
I would not build anything on property that belongs to the Port Of Lake Charles.
If they get a high dollar offer for the property, you are gone.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted