Trained hunting dog
A buddy asked me to see if any of you guys know where he can get a already trained hunting dog. Any names or phone numbers will be greatly appreciated. Raymond or Shawn if y'all know or have anything please let me know?
Thanks, Chris |
Quote:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free |
Retrievertraining.net always has started dogs for sale.
|
Try robert autemaunt in lake arthur he may have a few
Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2 |
If you need Roberts number let me know. He is my brother.
|
Yeah give me his number
|
|
How much is he lookin to spend?
|
Quote:
|
I don't have anything but started dogs go for $2,500-5,000. When somebody says "find me a started dog" and then you find one and tell them the price, their jaw drops. Just making sure he knows what he's getting in to.
|
Define started pls.
"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry" |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
I bought mine "started" for 300$. That's y I ask. He knew sit(stay incorporated), here, heal.... And single marks.
"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry" |
To me, "Started" means steady to shot marking tough singles and simple multiples, through basics, double T, and handling well on simple cold blinds. The price of a well bred puppy is 1K plus and 6 months of pro training at $600 equals around $4600. People that sell these types of dogs for less don't do it to make money, they do it to get rid of the dog for one reason or another.
|
Correct
Quote:
I also believe the value changes based upon what type of dog you want in the future--a hunting companion, a field trial champion, a family pet, or a combination of all three. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2 |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
I'm friends with John at Wax Lake Retrievers. He does have a few dogs available. He trains a great dog. You'll be very happy with any dog you get from him. Not every dog is going to be a Grand Champion and that's fine. I'm not a field trial guy anyhow. Sure it's nice to have some ribbons but a good hunting dog and companion is more important to me. I'd advise anyone looking for a well trained hunting dog to buy a started dog. You never know what your going to get with a puppy regardless of their pedigree. I've spent lots of money on dogs that were not worth a bullet to the head and had other given to me that where amazing. If you buy a started dog you know what your getting out the gate. You were going to spend the money for training anyhow most likely, with no guarantee of hunting ability. My next dog will be a started dog from John, hopefully out of two dogs he trained Pete and Shine.
|
bgizzle you got a pup that had gone through the head start program
|
10fo
"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry" |
Quote:
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2 |
U can also try the LA Sportsman magazine classified.. I saw several started R finshed dogs for sale.
|
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted