SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Phil Robertson suspended (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50148)

2ndamendment 12-18-2013 09:14 PM

Phil Robertson suspended

Read report that A&E network has suspended Phil from filming indefinantly for the comments he made towards homo's.

Depending on contract would imagine the whole family will back Phil and tell A&E to shove it.

FF_T_Warren 12-18-2013 09:23 PM

As much as I love the show, I hope they do

meaux fishing 12-18-2013 09:30 PM

http://www.wbrz.com/news/robertson-o...r-gay-comments

meaux fishing 12-18-2013 09:31 PM

How many gay people do you really think watch the duck dynasty series?

"W" 12-18-2013 09:35 PM

The got Hank Jr the same way

**** A&E along with ever liberal alive

Goooh 12-18-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 652867)
How many gay people do you really think watch the duck dynasty series?

W = 1

Goooh 12-18-2013 09:41 PM

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#sectio.../p2p-78604063/

More in depth, this one mentions vagina and anus. It's also mentions blacks, whites, Romney, Obama, Salt Lake City and Chicago. It's almost as diverse as the ribbon dog thread.

duckman1911 12-18-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren (Post 652862)
As much as I love the show, I hope they do

Da ***? If I understand you correctly you love the show but hope it gets cancelled ? Phill said vagina is more appealing than some man azz and thats a problem to who? Hey if ya wana be gay I dont have a problem with it just dont be gay around me.

Top Dawg 12-18-2013 09:57 PM

The media is now trying to crucify the monster they built. I think it's too late. They have so many followers now it might explode in the liberal medias face. And if they endorse and presidential candidate it could be great for said candidate.

SULPHITE 12-18-2013 10:17 PM

Brings up a question....how many gay duck hunters are out there and are there gay mallards and what type of call do they respond to???

Lmao....

AubreyLaHaye458 12-18-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 652885)
Brings up a question....how many gay duck hunters are out there and are there gay mallards and what type of call do they respond to???

Lmao....

I think the real question is.....WHO CARESSSSSSSSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SULPHITE 12-18-2013 10:20 PM

Apparently A&E

And they like

http://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/u...-Duck-Call.jpg

duckman1911 12-18-2013 10:28 PM

Why is it that gays get pissed if ya dont agee with em and aithiest get pissed if ya dont agree with em? If ya like some pu zz y and ya go to church you're wrong for some reason. I thought gays and arhiest wanted people to be more accepting.

PotLikinisAhabbit 12-18-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 652878)
Da ***? If I understand you correctly you love the show but hope it gets cancelled ? Phill said vagina is more appealing than some man azz and thats a problem to who? Hey if ya wana be gay I dont have a problem with it just dont be gay around me.

lol I dont think you understood correctly. He loves the show and hopes the rest of the family stands behind Phil and tells the network to get ****ed.

southern151 12-18-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 652889)
Why is it that gays get pissed if ya dont agee with em and aithiest get pissed if ya dont agree with em? If ya like some pu zz y and ya go to church you're wrong for some reason. I thought gays and arhiest wanted people to be more accepting.

Only if you are accepting what they want you to accept!:pissed:

YellaBlazer 12-18-2013 10:42 PM

GQ Article

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tele...phil-robertson

Here's the whole article from GQ for all who's interested.

"W" 12-18-2013 10:44 PM

The org G.L.A.D who is Liberal fags is who got A&E to do this

America has 10000000x more rednecks than GLAD fags

MathGeek 12-18-2013 11:00 PM

God bless Phil Robertson and his thousand generations after him.

Spunt Drag 12-18-2013 11:05 PM

I hope they tell A&E to eat a ****. Bunch of queers and liberals running this country now

"W" 12-18-2013 11:14 PM

So pissed, I just want to beat the **** out of a Liberal !!

Matt G 12-18-2013 11:15 PM

The article was a pretty good read. The man gave his point of view and now he's being persecuted for it? So every time some Peter-puffer spoutes off his homo rhetoric on TV, should all of us god fearing people raise Hell until they are thrown out on their reamed out azz? That only seems to work nowadays for the minority group. Gays make up roughly 2% of America, yet they get to be the ones who demand $h/+. Well F that!! It's time they know where they stand in the pecking order.

I agree with you Dub. Good ol @$$ whopping are what these bastids need. Makes me want to play the knock out game at the skinny jeans store.

MathGeek 12-18-2013 11:26 PM

Violence and violent rhetoric are not going to help. Please, let's not give rednecks a bad name. I doubt Phil Robertson would advocate violence, and I know Jesus wouldn't.

"Hate the sin, love the sinner" may sound trite, but it's a good idea when dealing with incendiary issues.

Msucowpoke51 12-18-2013 11:27 PM

this is such B.S.

everyone is this country is allowed to believe whatever the hell they want except for the Christians who believe the very principles that this country was founded on

I hope A&E goes bankrupt over this

Spunt Drag 12-18-2013 11:29 PM

He really didn't say anything offensive, not to mention no one shows this quote

“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

meaux fishing 12-18-2013 11:29 PM

Heres a quote from Phil after the article came out:

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

I've got nothing but respect for that man

meaux fishing 12-18-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 652914)
He really didn't say anything offensive, not to mention no one shows this quote

“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Typical for the media

"W" 12-18-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGeek (Post 652911)
Violence and violent rhetoric are not going to help. Please, let's not give rednecks a bad name. I doubt Phil Robertson would advocate violence, and I know Jesus wouldn't.

"Hate the sin, love the sinner" may sound trite, but it's a good idea when dealing with incendiary issues.

Rule #1 Never piss off a redneck

Rule #2 Means you broke rule #1

Im sick of these liberal groups always crying about **** they disagree with. America has no Balls

Msucowpoke51 12-18-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 652919)
Im sick of these liberal groups always crying about **** they disagree with. America has no Balls

exactly

Msucowpoke51 12-18-2013 11:45 PM

Just read in an article that a represenative of the gay club that called A&E to take action said that He (Phil) clearly knows nothing about the majority of Louisianans ... seriously? he cant be serious?

marsh life 12-19-2013 01:21 AM

Duck D. Is ruining duck hunting as we speak ( ie: painted faces in waffle house post hunt, dumb colored duck calls at Walgreens, etc, etc). If you can't see it you are blind. *****es need stiches.

Goooh 12-19-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGeek (Post 652899)
God bless Phil Robertson and his thousand generations after him.

Amwn

FF_T_Warren 12-19-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 652878)

No. Go read the initial post. I hope his family refuses to do the show. DD is by far the best thing AE has had or ever will and they gonna screw themselves. But on another note that show is a gold mine. I'm sure another station will pick it up

"W" 12-19-2013 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Goooh 12-19-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 652933)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a96214119...n3m1o1_400.gif

"W" 12-19-2013 07:18 AM

Hank Jr kicked off MNF for comparing Obama to Hitler

Paula Dean kicked off show for using "N" word 30 years ago

Phil kicked off his show for saying he rather the VJay instead of the A

What do they all have in common??

White Republicans

swamp snorkler 12-19-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 652885)

Lmao....

I know of 2.

One is a lady I work with that is Lesbian that has her own lease, her own camp, her own boat and outfishes/hunts 85% of any person out there. She also has a few rent houses and does well for herself. I haven't talked to her to get her views about what Phil said but I'm sure she's not bothered by it one bit. She is one of the most genuine nicest people I know that would do anyhting for you. The only thing she has ever told me about being gay is that she feels she missed out on a big part of her life by not having kids.

The other is a nuclear pharmacist that duck hunts, deer hunts and fishes an all around outdoorsman. Same thing with him, he actually put something on facebook supporting him. He's a White Male Conservative to happens to like men, he's been having the same partner for 16 years.

duckman1911 12-19-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren (Post 652930)
No. Go read the initial post. I hope his family refuses to do the show. DD is by far the best thing AE has had or ever will and they gonna screw themselves. But on another note that show is a gold mine. I'm sure another station will pick it up

Apparently I didnt understand you correctly. Sorry bout that bro.

Clampy 12-19-2013 08:15 AM

He shouldn't have said that but I read it and it didn't seem too bad. I am 100% for gay rights gay marriage and whatever else isn't my business. If the church doesn't want to marry them that is 100% ok with me it's their right. The man just didn't put enough words in between homosexuals and terrorist. It didn't seem to me that he was comparing the two. It just seemed like he was listing things he wasn't a fan of and that's his right. These PC groups are just taking things too far to prove a point. If everyone should be treated equally then they should have the right to be made fun of equally.

Clampy 12-19-2013 08:21 AM

And by saying " he shouldn't have said that " I mean he should have known who he was talking to and the implications but then again he very well may have and didn't care. I support his right to say whatever he wants.

Top Dawg 12-19-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampy (Post 652947)
He shouldn't have said that but I read it and it didn't seem too bad. I am 100% for gay rights gay marriage and whatever else isn't my business. If the church doesn't want to marry them that is 100% ok with me it's their right. The man just didn't put enough words in between homosexuals and terrorist. It didn't seem to me that he was comparing the two. It just seemed like he was listing things he wasn't a fan of and that's his right. These PC groups are just taking things too far to prove a point. If everyone should be treated equally then they should have the right to be made fun of equally.

What rights do they not have that straight ppl do have? Why should they have extra rights because they are gay?

Duck Butter 12-19-2013 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
clearly just another case of

duckman1911 12-19-2013 09:16 AM

I have never watched a single episode of DD but am very happy for the Robertson family and what they have accomplished. Unfortunatly we now live in a country with too many panzy azz people that get their feelings hurt too easily.

boatdriver 12-19-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 652954)
What rights do they not have that straight ppl do have? Why should they have extra rights because they are gay?

I've always wondered the same thing! Same thing with all minority groups!! Seems the term "entitled" comes into play with minorities...

fishfighter 12-19-2013 09:21 AM

hahaha

1 Attachment(s)
good for Phil, the world is falling apart around us

Ragin_Cajun 12-19-2013 09:32 AM

I think Hank, Phil and Paula ought to get to gether and form their own show.

"Singing, Shooting & Cooking done our way". It would turn into a cult following!

Then they need to run for office!

Duck Butter 12-19-2013 09:37 AM

This is going to be interesting to watch how it all unfolds. The show itself HAD to be running out of ideas, couldn't see it going much longer. The merchandise is where they are making bank and I would think the value of the merchandise just went way up as people are going to try and get it while they can. I would foresee the big stores dropping their merchandise though (Wal-Marks in particular):confused:

If anyone goes to West Monroe and checks out their store, there is never ever less than 50 vehicles in the parking lot and always a line out the door to get in. I can only see that increasing for the future as conservatives are going to want to make a statement.

Phil Robertson is about to make even more money off bumper stickers with his quote on vajayjays:grinpimp:

duckman1911 12-19-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 652971)
This is going to be interesting to watch how it all unfolds. The show itself HAD to be running out of ideas, couldn't see it going much longer. The merchandise is where they are making bank and I would think the value of the merchandise just went way up as people are going to try and get it while they can. I would foresee the big stores dropping their merchandise though (Wal-Marks in particular):confused:

If anyone goes to West Monroe and checks out their store, there is never ever less than 50 vehicles in the parking lot and always a line out the door to get in. I can only see that increasing for the future as conservatives are going to want to make a statement.

Phil Robertson is about to make even more money off bumper stickers with his quote on vajayjays:grinpimp:

They are making a killing off of duck dynasty merchandise. My wife and I have made a game out of finding the most ridiculous duck dynasty products. She still has me beat with those damn DD christmas sugar cookies.

Clampy 12-19-2013 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=Top Dawg;652954]What rights do they not have that straight ppl do have? Why should they have extra rights because
I can get married in 50 states not 14 for starters.

No one is advocating extra rights.

Top Dawg 12-19-2013 10:06 AM

Ok Just making sure. Always hear "gay rights" last time I checked everyone has the same rights. Minority groups want "extra" rights. Everyone can get married in 50 states.

RickLafayette 12-19-2013 10:18 AM

Alec Baldwin can threaten his ex wife, his daughter, photographers, make one gay slur after another for years and, as a reward he has been given a tv series and commercial endorsements. Also, that vile (rhymes with maggot) Martin Bashir talks about defacating in Sarah Palin's mouth and he still kept his job on MSNBC until he resigned w/o any pressure from MSNBC.