SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Intracoastal City (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51606)

Quackhead62 02-27-2014 10:04 PM

Intracoastal City
 
Who all on here launches out of Intracoastal City to fish V-Bay? I've been fishing out of there for years. Just seeing if I could put some names to some boats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

alphaman 02-27-2014 10:10 PM

I will start fishing out of intercoastal city this year, Instead of crossing the bay. 2104 Red Frontier see ya around this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Quackhead62 02-27-2014 10:13 PM

I'll be the guy in the 17' camo Pro-Drive boat. That half of the people that see me crossing the think I'm crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

shellman 02-27-2014 10:25 PM

I do....white hydrasports

haoward 02-27-2014 11:17 PM

Never had any luck on the west side of the bay

biggun 02-28-2014 07:58 AM

I fish out of ICY excuslively.. 24' blue/white Triton LTS.. FinChaser..

Quackhead62 02-28-2014 08:04 AM

Seen you a few times out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

daxt79 02-28-2014 08:39 AM

I'll be out there more this year...Blue 1900 Blazer Bay

sweets 02-28-2014 08:44 AM

I fish out of ICY early in the year and move East later in the year when the water clears up. 22ft white blazer bay

Jcredeur 02-28-2014 11:49 AM

I run out that way when weather permits! I'm in a 17ft silver and white hydra-sport fish/ski.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

netmkr 02-28-2014 12:30 PM

I do 18 ft gatortail

Quackhead62 02-28-2014 02:08 PM

that is just about the only landing i use to get into V-Bay. Some years it just takes a lil longer for the winds to lay down enough to get around in my mud boat.

haoward 02-28-2014 03:38 PM

Do y'all fish inside of the old game warrent camp around the west side of the bay when launching there?

Quackhead62 02-28-2014 03:57 PM

Are u talking about Lake Ferman ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

haoward 02-28-2014 04:04 PM

In those canals I know lake German is pretty shallow

Quackhead62 02-28-2014 04:25 PM

Where is that lake youbare talking about howard??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

haoward 02-28-2014 05:12 PM

Oops spell check kicked in (lake ferman) area

Quackhead62 02-28-2014 05:13 PM

I got ya. Yea u right that lake can be tricky if you are not too sure where u headed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

haoward 02-28-2014 05:31 PM

First and last time we fished that lake we didn't even make it in the lake before we had to back my boat out .

Quackhead62 02-28-2014 05:34 PM

We fish it in some good sized bay boats in it just got to have a high tide. The low water don't effect me much in my Pro-Drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

alphaman 02-28-2014 07:18 PM

As long as you stay on plain and stay next to the white poles you will be fine passing through lake ferman.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Quackhead62 02-28-2014 07:19 PM

Yea this is true but u won't catch fish by the white poles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

netmkr 03-01-2014 10:29 AM

Yes we fish Lake Ferman in some 18-20 ft boats just have to watch the tides and know where your going. The shallowest part is just out of the south lake wier . Don't have any problems getting around in my gatortail.

haoward 03-01-2014 10:47 AM

I made it out the canal into the mouth of the lake and got stuck. Lucky I was using my trolling motor was able to back out, knew something was wrong when I seen a bunch of birds standing in the lake. And that was my last time fishing the west

Montauk17 03-01-2014 11:32 AM

Intracoastal city is where I first started saltwater fishing a good 20 years ago with my grandpaw. Starting in april-may I fish out there often. Most of the time you can catch me out in a 1970 boston whaler with a 88 evinrude on the back. I run fearman in that boat....once you get in the lake if your crossing you better make sure your on step! I kick myself for selling my tunnel hull,I could run anywhere out there and not worry about getting stuck.

geoleo 03-06-2014 08:35 AM

Vb icy
 
Wife and I fish there allot, it so spread out and speck fishing is not that great, keeps the die hards out, we fish for catfish and croakers.
Rented a camp (state park camp) twice last year on the other side, hated fishing amongst 50 other boats, chasing birds!
We learned to enjoy the peaceful outdoors without all the other boats out of ICY, I fish out of a carolina skiff seachaser 19 ft with a suzuki 140.
My father-in-law who also fishes there (more than me) fishes out of a 17 boston whaler with a 140 suzuki.
Fishing there is not that great but if you enjoy being outdoors and running your boat, that is the place to go in good weather. I always meet interesting people at the weirs and meet some odd ones sometimes!

Quackhead62 03-06-2014 09:27 AM

The fishing is usually pretty good it is under rated by a lot of people. If u like catching redfish there are plenty to be caught out of ICY.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted