SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   lacassine (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51797)

spoonbill 03-09-2014 06:28 PM

lacassine
 
anyone know if they did any shocking in lacassine this year. any results

dbroken64 03-09-2014 07:40 PM

Read Sundays American Press sports section. Said something in there about it.

jchief 03-09-2014 07:59 PM

Yes. Predicting as good if not better than last year.

jldsc 03-10-2014 06:10 AM

I know I'm ready thats for sure


Sent from an Apple Tree..

BassYakR 03-10-2014 06:21 AM

I may hit up the non motorized pool this year.... haven't been since the drought...

jldsc 03-10-2014 06:43 AM

Im not gonna go the opening weekend, gonna wait till that following week


Sent from an Apple Tree..

BassYakR 03-10-2014 06:45 AM

Yeah opening weekend is goin to be crazy

BGcoreg 03-10-2014 09:23 AM

Opening weekend really that bad? More bank fishers or more boats?

BassYakR 03-10-2014 09:24 AM

boats lined up to launch for atleast a mile or so.... ppl get there at like 2am to get in line.

Smalls 03-10-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGcoreg (Post 671046)
Opening weekend really that bad? More bank fishers or more boats?

Possibly the single most ridiculous sight I've ever seen. The place is open for 7 months out of the year, and people camp out on March 14 to get in. I've even heard of fights breaking out before.

Don't get me wrong, its great fishing, and a beautiful place. But you won't catch me dead lining up like that to catch some fish. Its not like they catch all of them first weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

BassYakR 03-10-2014 09:28 AM

ill be waiting a week or so at least

BGcoreg 03-10-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 671048)
Possibly the single most ridiculous sight I've ever seen. The place is open for 7 months out of the year, and people camp out on March 14 to get in. I've even heard of fights breaking out before.

Don't get me wrong, its great fishing, and a beautiful place. But you won't catch me dead lining up like that to catch some fish. Its not like they catch all of them first weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Haha dang.. Done it for ducks but never for fish .. Sounds like ill pass on the first weekend

jldsc 03-10-2014 12:53 PM

On opening weekend Ill fish streeters then after it settles down ill hit up the pool.


Sent from an Apple Tree..

Montauk17 03-10-2014 02:48 PM

All the years I been hearing about lacassine never fished it. Got access to a flat with a 40 try to learn it some this year.

jldsc 03-10-2014 06:09 PM

when their bittin Ryan its an easy place to fish...canals and flats...pick your poison...I mainly work the canals but my podna likes to get back in some flats when there bedding and when theres enough water


Sent from an Apple Tree..

Montauk17 03-10-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jldsc (Post 671162)
when their bittin Ryan its an easy place to fish...canals and flats...pick your poison...I mainly work the canals but my podna likes to get back in some flats when there bedding and when theres enough water


Sent from an Apple Tree..

10-4....I'm sure I will fit right in,love fishing shallow grassy areas. Not interested in fighting crowds for the bedding fish. Prolly wait till april or may before I venture out.

j.e.hagen 03-11-2014 11:26 AM

I don't think they are gonna let people line up at the entrance this year, they passed out a flyer last year saying that the 2013 season is the last year that they will allow it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledgehammer 03-11-2014 02:20 PM

is streeters all that good? ive heard some on it but not too much, my boats to big for lacc. but cant you fish streeters wit any boat?

j.e.hagen 03-11-2014 02:35 PM

You can fish streeters in any boat but none of the canals off of it till after the 15th of March, as far as the fishing goes all I've done is catch catfish


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jldsc 03-11-2014 06:07 PM

Man we have mopped up in streeters when its on and have went and only caught one...It comes and goes in Streetrs...if the water is good sac-a-lait can get real good in there also.


Sent from an Apple Tree..

1fastmerc 03-11-2014 08:36 PM

Where is streeters?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jldsc 03-12-2014 07:03 AM

Lacasine reserve outside the pool unit south/south east...maze of canals


Sent from an Apple Tree..

1fastmerc 03-12-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jldsc (Post 671478)
Lacasine reserve outside the pool unit south/south east...maze of canals


Sent from an Apple Tree..

Thanks buddy





Quote:

Originally Posted by jldsc (Post 671478)
Lacasine reserve outside the pool unit south/south east...maze of canals


Sent from an Apple Tree..



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

"W" 03-12-2014 01:51 PM

Does the pool open Saturday?

Bluechip 03-12-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 671546)
Does the pool open Saturday?

Yes...

BGcoreg 03-15-2014 10:48 AM

Well who made it out there?

Lake Chuck Duck 03-15-2014 01:13 PM

YES reports?????

1fastmerc 03-15-2014 01:32 PM

X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Ducktrickster 03-15-2014 02:14 PM

They still in line to launch.

LAKESPORT 03-15-2014 05:18 PM

Any reports?

hankscke123 03-15-2014 08:12 PM

I stayed home I'll wait till Monday morning and give a shout,

dbroken64 03-16-2014 06:45 AM

Fished pool D in my yak. First time to be there. Wind was a factor but all in all was a nice place to fish. A lot of dried out weeds stuck about a foot and a half out the water made it difficult to maneuver the yak around.
Seen a few fish jumping out the water and caught 3 pretty good fish. Had a 7 year old tagging along so busy with him also. A lot of bank fisherman there. Didn't see them catch a whole lot. All in all I will go back.

Lake Chuck Duck 03-16-2014 08:09 AM

I heard the water was way up and should be a pretty good year.

funkyflemmons 03-16-2014 09:48 AM

I fished D-Unit (no motor) and the water was good but there were a lot of dried up vegetation, like sticks sticking out of water, got hung in TM easily, fish were not biting consistently, caught a 3 lb 12 oz right off bat and my friend got on 4 dinks about an hour later, and that was the whole show, my brother and a friend fished big side and caught 2 dinks, lost a few descent ones, and landed one 9 lb 4 oz hog.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted