SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Monsterquest (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518)

LaAngler 05-25-2009 01:06 AM

Monsterquest
 
Any of you all watch monsterquest on the history channel? They seem to focus mostly on bigfoot, etc. One of the programs did a story on the Honey Island swamp monster in SE LA.

Anyone here ever seen anything weird? bigfoot? ghosts? monsters?

I like this show but i wish they would kill or snag one of these things soon.


btw, I had to turn a light on in the next room :*****:

Big_Country 05-25-2009 01:23 AM

I won't swear to it but I've been spooked fishing toledo bend by myself no night lights!!!!

Gerald 05-25-2009 03:10 AM

I saw that same show.....about 6 months ago.

Red Devil 05-25-2009 06:08 AM

I agree with Angler. You think if they could find Saddam in a hole in the dessert, they could catch a bigfoot or something. LOL

CatDaddy 05-25-2009 08:17 AM

ask mark (mechanix000) about the sound in the bayou while frogging!!!!

huntin fool 05-25-2009 09:46 AM

no lie here- i was runnin the river today and i was looking for a place that is flat and clear on a bank to camp..as i was runnin i look..there is a 4 ft tall statue of something..2 tree crosses (t like that) and one big ole bon fire waiting to be lit. no tents. no 4-wheelers, no nothing.

i think some weird group of people go and do some ritual stuff back there...

tsharp 05-25-2009 09:59 AM

:shaking::shaking::shaking:I remeber the first time I went froging by myself an was thinking out loud an said I wonder how deep the water is here aaaaaaaaaaan then I herd kneeeeee deep kneeee deep . talk about scared!!!!

killa k 05-25-2009 10:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I remember when I was probably 6 or 7 my dad and I went to launch the boat at Ward 8 in Lebleu. He was getting the boat ready and I went down to the river to skip rocks or something, when I was almost to the bank I saw a huge 'sea serpent' come up out of the water in the middle of the river. I had seen gators before and it definitely was not that, to this day I am not sure what it was, probably a big alligator gar, this is what I still see when I think of that day...

Gerald 05-25-2009 10:58 AM

When you are froggen, you want to hear............Ankledeeeeep.....Ankledeeeep....

Gerald 05-25-2009 11:01 AM

Killa.....it might have been a log.

huntin fool 05-25-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killa k (Post 7938)
I remember when I was probably 6 or 7 my dad and I went to launch the boat at Ward 8 in Lebleu. He was getting the boat ready and I went down to the river to skip rocks or something, when I was almost to the bank I saw a huge 'sea serpent' come up out of the water in the middle of the river. I had seen gators before and it definitely was not that, to this day I am not sure what it was, probably a big alligator gar, this is what I still see when I think of that day...



there is some freaky stuff in the lil burns too!

killa k 05-25-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 7940)
Killa.....it might have been a log.

I don't think so because whatever it was came out of the water, rolled and went straight back down and i never saw it again, and it was heading upstream. You know at W8 the old launch that goes right into the river? That's where I was standing and it was going from left to right.

Big Lake Blondie 05-25-2009 11:23 AM

Seen "mists"...Caught them and orbs on camera...We were staying at the Place d' Arms and herd kids running up and down the stairs at like 2 in the morning, laughing and giggling. Went out to check; there was no one there and the noises just vanished...As soon as we went back in the room, it started back up again...We moved rooms the next morning:*****:You spend enough time down in the Big Easy with all the freaky stuff that goes on down there, you're bound to see something...Trying to get Hackberry Hustler to take me to the Myrtle's Plantation to stay the night, but he refuses...Scared of the ghosts:D I'm a nerd though; I think it would be fun:grinpimp:

killa k 05-25-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 7879)
Any of you all watch monsterquest on the history channel? They seem to focus mostly on bigfoot, etc. One of the programs did a story on the Honey Island swamp monster in SE LA.

Anyone here ever seen anything weird? bigfoot? ghosts? monsters?

I like this show but i wish they would kill or snag one of these things soon.


btw, I had to turn a light on in the next room :*****:

I watch this show all the time, do you ever notice how when one of the searchers or eye witnesses comes in contact with whatever they are trying to catch the camera isn't on or stopped working or something like that? And all the physical evidence (blood, hair, etc.) is always contaminated?

The chupacabra one is pretty good too, they have a lot of footage from east tx and actually have some specimens, which all turn out to be mangey coyotes.

Bluechip 05-25-2009 11:30 AM

I have stayed the night at the Myrtles twice. And "Yes" that place is haunted. Did not sleep either time...It was a cool experience though...
:eek::eek::eek:!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone, but don't book it for 2 nights because you will only stay one, trust me...

Big Lake Blondie 05-25-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 7949)
I have stayed the night at the Myrtles twice. And "Yes" that place is haunted. Did not sleep either time...It was a cool experience though...
:eek::eek::eek:!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone, but don't book it for 2 nights because you will only stay one, trust me...

I want to stay there either at the beginning of one of our New Orleans trips or at the very end...Hustler says he's gonna take a tranquilizer so if they jack with him, he won't know it...:rotfl: Another good place to visit is St. Louis Cemetary #1 in NOLA...EXTREMELY HAUNTED!!! That's another on my "chickens" won't go to...lol...:*****:

killa k 05-25-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 7947)
Trying to get Hackberry Hustler to take me to the Myrtle's Plantation to stay the night, but he refuses...Scared of the ghosts:D I'm a nerd though; I think it would be fun:grinpimp:

You guys should at least go eat there and take one of the nightime tours, pretty cool, we went and while we were on the tour my wife saw one of the rockers on the back porch rocking by itself, thing was there were 3 rockers next to each other, this one was the only one rocking, no one was on the porch, and it was the middle chair. The lady next to my wife saw it too and was so freaked out she accidentally pulled down one of the curtains, which of course surprised everyone else on the tour, I laughed so hard I had tears.

Bluechip 05-25-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 7951)
I want to stay there either at the beginning of one of our New Orleans trips or at the very end...Hustler says he's gonna take a tranquilizer so if they jack with him, he won't know it...:rotfl: Another good place to visit is St. Louis Cemetary #1 in NOLA...EXTREMELY HAUNTED!!! That's another on my "chickens" won't go to...lol...:*****:

Stay their on the way back, it will make for a great ending to a road trip. I have never went to the St. Louis Cemetary but will have to check it out next time I'm down in N.O. Do they give tours to the cemetary or do you just go on your own or what is your recommendation??? You must go to the Myrtles, you will not sleep all night and then when the morning finally gets there you were so scared all night you are wide awake to drive home. LOL....

"W" 05-25-2009 11:43 AM

Have U ever seen this ONE
 
1 Attachment(s)
This thing has been lurking around big lake for years!!!! They say it lives off of trout but I have never seen it with any trout!!! Only comes out few times a year and hard to track!!! FBI,State Biologist,Cameron police and WL&F have been tracking it!!!! I got this close up pic one day!!! Haven't seen it since!!:*****::*****::*****:

Big Lake Blondie 05-25-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killa k (Post 7952)
You guys should at least go eat there and take one of the nightime tours, pretty cool, we went and while we were on the tour my wife saw one of the rockers on the back porch rocking by itself, thing was there were 3 rockers next to each other, this one was the only one rocking, no one was on the porch, and it was the middle chair. The lady next to my wife saw it too and was so freaked out she accidentally pulled down one of the curtains, which of course surprised everyone else on the tour, I laughed so hard I had tears.

I think that kind of stuff is a blast! You get the adrenaline rush without the risk...

LaAngler 05-25-2009 11:58 AM

without going into too much detail i'll just say one time i ran back to my truck on Clear Creek WMA.......

Big Lake Blondie 05-25-2009 11:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
These pics are taken at St. Louis Cathedral...One minute there is a green mist hanging over the cathedral, the next pic it's gone...Don't know what it was, but weird all the same...

Big Lake Blondie 05-25-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 7953)
Stay their on the way back, it will make for a great ending to a road trip. I have never went to the St. Louis Cemetary but will have to check it out next time I'm down in N.O. Do they give tours to the cemetary or do you just go on your own or what is your recommendation??? You must go to the Myrtles, you will not sleep all night and then when the morning finally gets there you were so scared all night you are wide awake to drive home. LOL....

They give tours to the cemetary...you can go yourself, but the guides know exactly where to take you, so I say the tour...Marie Laveau is buried in that one...They also have a spirits and gre-gre tour you can take through the quarter that shows you all the "most haunted" locations and gives you the history of it...Our hotel was the last stop on the tour:D It was actually very interesting...I'm definately going to the Myrtle's, with or without the fraidy cats...:*****:

Bluechip 05-25-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 7969)
They give tours to the cemetary...you can go yourself, but the guides know exactly where to take you, so I say the tour...Marie Laveau is buried in that one...They also have a spirits and gre-gre tour you can take through the quarter that shows you all the "most haunted" locations and gives you the history of it...Our hotel was the last stop on the tour:D It was actually very interesting...I'm definately going to the Myrtle's, with or without the fraidy cats...:*****:

Thanks...I'll have to check that out. Sounds like some spooky fun..

matt wahl 05-25-2009 08:05 PM

Does anyone know about brown island in marmatau river and the story behind it?

Google it , it'll freek you out. ( also known as skull island.)

txjoker 05-25-2009 09:19 PM

I'm betting that it is maybe just some condensation from the photographer's breath or just some little thermal pocket. The green is probably because of the night vision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 7967)
These pics are taken at St. Louis Cathedral...One minute there is a green mist hanging over the cathedral, the next pic it's gone...Don't know what it was, but weird all the same...


Red Devil 05-25-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt wahl (Post 8055)
Does anyone know about brown island in marmatau river and the story behind it?

Google it , it'll freek you out. ( also known as skull island.)

That's pretty good stuff. I know exactly where that is.

huntin fool 05-25-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 8111)
That's pretty good stuff. I know exactly where that is.


on my gps it actually says - (the other name besides skull) i didnt know why it was called that but now i know! good stuff

txjoker 05-25-2009 09:42 PM

You want to see people get stirred up around East TX, just get them talking about some "mysterious" black cat. Many people have said they have seen a cat about the size of a cougar or mountain lion that is solid black. However, no one can ever produce any pictures of the mythical beat! lol

LaAngler 05-25-2009 09:44 PM

we have black panthers here in LA

txjoker 05-25-2009 09:49 PM

Any pics?

Big Lake Blondie 05-25-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txjoker (Post 8107)
I'm betting that it is maybe just some condensation from the photographer's breath or just some little thermal pocket. The green is probably because of the night vision.

Don't think so...i was the photographer and it was in the middle of summer...No night vision either...We were on a ghosts and spirits tour...:D

CatDaddy 05-25-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 8112)
on my gps it actually says - (the other name besides skull) i didnt know why it was called that but now i know! good stuff


My GPS calles it negro island also... i pass by it all the time.. i think i have a trot line by it... i aint never seen anything... I was drunk once and might have thought i seen something tho...lol.

Big Lake Blondie 05-25-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 8183)
My GPS calles it negro island also... i pass by it all the time.. i think i have a trot line by it... i aint never seen anything... I was drunk once and might have thought i seen something tho...lol.

Amazing the sights you see under the influence, huh??? :*****::*****::*****: Been there...

coachlaw 05-25-2009 11:58 PM

Isn't the Louisiana bigfoot called the Loute Garou?

LaAngler 05-26-2009 05:31 AM

i think that's more of a wolf type creature

huntin fool 05-26-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 8183)
My GPS calles it negro island also... i pass by it all the time.. i think i have a trot line by it... i aint never seen anything... I was drunk once and might have thought i seen something tho...lol.



google even calls it negro island i think. i wouldnt mind making a trip to find something. prolly get some gre-gre thing on my but ohwell!

CatDaddy 05-26-2009 10:14 PM

Ill bring you... i live right by it.. It might be underwater tho..

huntin fool 05-27-2009 11:02 AM

Monsterquest is on now, they have a show on a river in LA with a shark


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted