SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I get one concept I Wana pass threw da grinder. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52564)

Ratdog 04-12-2014 10:40 PM

I get one concept I Wana pass threw da grinder.
 
Ok as you all know I get problems putting my ideas out . So here we go.

Let's say I'm alone. Ja know by my self. An den I get one big boat I'm living on.so ya it seems I like to fish rat. And I know der got to be lots o fishing people out dare rat. So da only thing is I make no good charter capten. I own da boat but need fishers to crew da boat.so juw can't hire me as a charter.but Jew Wana go fishing an I Wana go fishing. How we Gunna work dat out.
Dis is da stuff I know we would need to go

Diesel
Ice
Bate
Food
Water and alcohol to cut da water.
Takle
Safety vests
And verrious other items ......please post your list.

Is it legal for da fishers to go to ware I live and bring stuff so we all can go fish.

And what if we get stoped by water police can da say I charter when I don't.

Ya I could go by my self but it shore would be more fun wit peoples and a lot more easy to fish from a 53 fot sport fish.

So I say coma coma es go. And dem fisher showed up. We go and catch dem fish.but coma coma go ant no charter it's ratdog.

What y'all say.is something lak dat possible. An what for I need in da insurance or paper for dem fishers to shine.

How would da bes way to get ER done.and who would Wana try.

Thanke for your help I really want to try sumpin like dis. But I don't want dem charters mad at me and I don't want dem to loose money .

Also I not going to charge fur any trip it would be a community funded deal were only items needed would be only expense for anyone on the boat for da trip.

To me it seems a cool dear were people like the guys wit no boat or too small a boat or even dem who never went out far could show up wit ice etc. and tag along for something quit a few would never ever have da tunity for.heck I'm be living on board so why not share something so fun I smile when I tink about it.

What say you?

OnePunchRex 04-12-2014 11:12 PM

I'm ready to go anytime, think it would be an epic trip

Ratdog 04-13-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnePunchRex (Post 680571)
I'm ready to go anytime, think it would be an epic trip

Sweet!

Any ideas on items needed.

Or the legal stuff needed?

PaulMyers 04-13-2014 07:46 AM

I'm ready to go also. There are people that split the cost of a trip all the time. It would not be considered a charter service as far as I know.

Ratdog 04-13-2014 07:46 AM

What about adding to da mix disabled people or vets that just need a day out. People sometimes get so worked up and get mean to others becouse life seems hopeless and they feel they can't do anything worth wild especially to cheer them selves up. Might a day off shore help. People I think need this release from the daily humdrum if for no reason other than to respect each other.i sometimes think a day out fishing would help and relize doing that needs to be given priority. And sometimes I see others and think man that guy if he only new that the other guy he is dumping crap on could help him in ways he could never know. He needs to go fishing bad.
So y'all got any good guys you know need a fishing trip. A vet or disabled people?
Being in the class of disabled I know how I get and how I need to get out and kill some big fish. I just seem to eat better and feel so much better after a meal I cought. I can only hope others can experience that kind of fun too.

PaulMyers 04-13-2014 07:49 AM

I don't know anyone personally but it sounds like a great idea.

dave 04-13-2014 07:52 AM

Honestly sounds like you'd be a great friend that other friends enjoy fishing with. A good time would be had by all I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ratdog 04-13-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 680597)
I'm ready to go also. There are people that split the cost of a trip all the time. It would not be considered a charter service as far as I know.

Cool I'm worried about rules alot. And legal stuff. It's a big boat so so many things are different. From distance to time on water.
A nother thing is its a big bot that you can be onboard with people like my sisters an still enjoy your self. I don't get along wit dem too good but I shore would like to get my nephews out. I think when the reality of them catching dinner for there moms sets in they might have a real good time.
Another risk is motion sickness for them that don't get out much so Dramamine is needed.
And I guess a small class for them that never went.
Like on tackle ,radio op.,and basic boat layout.

Let's see I need to put a thought in on this angle. What y'all tink

calcutta37 04-13-2014 08:42 AM

Wanna see a picture of your boat rat dog!!!!

PUREBAY2200 04-13-2014 12:15 PM

Pics of boat Ratdog

Ratdog 04-13-2014 01:26 PM

Again I don't have it yet but this is the one I'm leaning tward.
http://www.galatiyachts.com/used-hat...s-4589578#info
Again argent and Delhomme funeral home are stopping my progress. When they get there crap together I will view it and survey and if all good I will move and start my life on da water. If it fails I got another backup. No mater what I'm going to be livening on a boat. It will be out of freshwater as I have contacted marina and have copy of contract to sign . There are a few other issues but nothing major.
I promis you guys this will happen as soon as argent gets crap straight. I have signed papers and waiting for next round to show up.

My new home " ratdog" will be a 53 hatt. Natural.

Ratdog 04-13-2014 01:38 PM

Anyone who thinks they know me chim in or any delhommes chime in.
If you know a Delhomme ask about joe joe. I do feel that due to argent I am loosing credibility .
For real they have drug out this crap a long time. And if you have a dought about me call .
2356320
I'm not shy and if people keep dumping I will ignore list and report for harassment as I have done twice now.

I don't fool around lie or just string people along I detest those things.

Or call Delhomme funeral home ask if they know who joejoejames james is 2359449

Look I'm trying do do a good thing here and if y'all try to make it bad I promis it will come back on you twenty fold.
I'm real and want to do some good stuff and have good. Ideas as I have stated before.



So now what no o e here has any good ideas to add. Nothing but dought or harassment . Seems like a bunch of spoiled jellous children to me.

jchief 04-13-2014 02:24 PM

Nice looking boat

I wouldn't mind a trip or 5.

If you are not used to a big boat or the area you plan on fishing, may hire a guide to "run" your boat the first time or 2 out. Get a gang together to split costs.

latravcha 04-13-2014 02:48 PM

Let me know when you get the boat. I can send you lost if coordinates for fishing spots. Most are in the Louisiana central and eastern gulf.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratdog 04-13-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 680690)
Nice looking boat

I wouldn't mind a trip or 5.

If you are not used to a big boat or the area you plan on fishing, may hire a guide to "run" your boat the first time or 2 out. Get a gang together to split costs.

I'm perty fermiluar wit freshwater canal.
And I don't plan on making trip there from til I'm fermiluar wit boat and it passes my tries wit electronics etc.

But ya I am getting antsy waiting for argent so I can move on a boat . It's a real drag when your credibility is lost due to incompetent co.s. .

Soon enough I will be doing turnys and so on.

It will be a live aboard so I'm a have a great deal of time to get this right. Not like weekend warriors I'm a be da full time.

Needed improvements
Wood Flors
More batts and solar cells.
Long range trip equipped.....sat phone etc.
Any thing I might need for 5 day trips in gulf.
Jus a long sit in da water soaking my tea bag away from the world .jus me an my pole and a big fish I can eat.
Wit naturals range is way up there and with no time restrictions you guess what town I'm a showed up at.

And now with my ideas of a community fishing trips. I just need to see what the regs are for private community funded trips. And what the liabilitys are.
I think a good way to meet people with no charter fee just fun and no time limit and no telling what fish and destination.

As far as size I have run a 38 foot but ya 53 is big bun I got no fear and no dought it's easy . The ones that get scared of big boats are the ones you need to keep away from.

Insurance might be a bit of a downer but that won't be an issue as I plan a good bit of runs to different spots to set anchor for a day or two.

I just can't wait and see this as an opera unity to share with people and spread the fun and ideas of deep sea fishing. I just think people can benefit from new and fun things they might not get a chance to do they way most have to go like charter etc.

Ratdog 04-13-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latravcha (Post 680700)
Let me know when you get the boat. I can send you lost if coordinates for fishing spots. Most are in the Louisiana central and eastern gulf.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon enough bro . I will let you know. Another upgrade is sat. For t.v. And Internet. Can go any ware and stay in touch wit live broadcast. Cool stuff them self locking sat systems.

Gunna be fun.

OnePunchRex 04-13-2014 03:59 PM

I can help familiarize you with operation if you need. I used to run big sport fishers, up to a 74' Viking.

PUREBAY2200 04-13-2014 04:03 PM

Nice boat Ratdog, I'll join ya for a trip when u get her home.

Ratdog 04-13-2014 10:13 PM

Thanks guys I will post when I get it but any ideas for legal issues. Or any ideas of items community can more easily help with to make a trip go smooth. Or ideas on groups that might be included?

This is all just ideas and want to keep the flow going as I know I have not thought of everything.

swamp snorkler 04-14-2014 12:31 PM

Hey Rat thats a nice boat......... good luck with it.

Ratdog 04-14-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 681022)
Hey Rat thats a nice boat......... good luck with it.

Yep thinks so too.

If it passes surveys etc. I'm all over that an living all up in it.

meaux fishing 04-14-2014 01:21 PM

As long as you are only asking people to split costs and contribute to the trip it isn't considered a charter. If you are making a profit, that's where you can get into trouble.

Ratdog 04-14-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 681060)
As long as you are only asking people to split costs and contribute to the trip it isn't considered a charter. If you are making a profit, that's where you can get into trouble.

My thoughts too.
Like when I gave free shrimp boiled at the farm market. Asked for donations for gas. Most just took shrimp but som put gas .

Reefman 04-14-2014 02:52 PM

Rat, I would strongly consider an auto-inflatable life boat (sets up on your fore-deck) when venturing off-shore. Have a ditch bag handy w/ epirb, flashing strobe, hand held vhf, water, non-perishable food, line and hooks. Keep your sat phone in zip lock bag close by. Splitting cost for fishing trip does not constitute a charter as
Meaux Fishing stated. Fuel bill biggest expense then beverages! Beautiful classic Hat....bullet proof hull. Good luck Rat!

Ratdog 04-14-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 681115)
Rat, I would strongly consider an auto-inflatable life boat (sets up on your fore-deck) when venturing off-shore. Have a ditch bag handy w/ epirb, flashing strobe, hand held vhf, water, non-perishable food, line and hooks. Keep your sat phone in zip lock bag close by. Splitting cost for fishing trip does not constitute a charter as
Meaux Fishing stated. Fuel bill biggest expense then beverages! Beautiful classic Hat....bullet proof hull. Good luck Rat!

Thanks, in a big boat due to distance I will be going in the GOM I would not leave without any of the items you mention.most of the auto inflate or the good ones have flairs etc too. So yes. Another thing some boats for sale have them mounted allredy but I would suggest getting it inspected ASAP.

Thanks for the suggestions and I would also suggest that if any of you were to get on a boat you check these things as all auto stuff on big craft have tags and show expire dates. Don't go if stuff is out of date. But if boat is older than you 65% of salty guys that don't mean boat is out of date. Some 1970's crafts would run over some of the new stuff nowadays.

dave 04-14-2014 03:50 PM

I'd have enough type 1 life jackets, with pml's (Chem lights)& whistles attached to them stored in a box on deck to cover whatever the max capacity of friends you can bring aboard as well as everything reef listed above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ratdog 04-14-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave (Post 681132)
I'd have enough type 1 life jackets, with pml's (Chem lights)& whistles attached to them stored in a box on deck to cover whatever the max capacity of friends you can bring aboard as well as everything reef listed above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Good man

Ray 04-14-2014 08:23 PM

Get the engines surveyed by a reputable Detroit mechanic.
The boat is a good one. Heavy, but good. Those are good engines, but not
the best on fuel. Better than TA but still burn a lot to move a boat that size.
However, with the age, you may have an insurance issue, usually more $$$.
It is sometimes hard to find insurance on the coast for a boat that size.
You can find it, but it may cost, like I said earlier.
The insurance agent will want a hurricane plan, what you will do if one comes.


The price is a little high. I would low ball them and see what they go for.
I have a friend who paid a little under $100K for a 50 ft. Hatt. last year.

meaux fishing 04-14-2014 09:37 PM

get you one of them bbq grills that sits in a rod holder

Ratdog 04-14-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 681196)
Get the engines surveyed by a reputable Detroit mechanic.
The boat is a good one. Heavy, but good. Those are good engines, but not
the best on fuel. Better than TA but still burn a lot to move a boat that size.
However, with the age, you may have an insurance issue, usually more $$$.
It is sometimes hard to find insurance on the coast for a boat that size.
You can find it, but it may cost, like I said earlier.
The insurance agent will want a hurricane plan, what you will do if one comes.


The price is a little high. I would low ball them and see what they go for.
I have a friend who paid a little under $100K for a 50 ft. Hatt. last year.

Thanks ray my plan is head up mississippi . Yes ins. Is a bit of a deal. And price is always negoshable .as far as fule I'm never in a hurry and displacement speeds are the ticket..

I'm going over my plan on a daly basis and looking for holes and contingencys. I'm trying to look at it from different angels and just takeing it slow as right now that is all I can do. You would be suprized at all the people that seem to think I should have it done by yesterday.

Not me I'm like that I talk about it and talk some more and then asses make changes then talk again. The worst part is really getting down to what I want vers what I need.

All I can say is my biggest need is a boat I can live on and fish with.

My new ideas are to share the fishing experience with people that otherwise would not get to have.

Surveys are a big deal to me. And will come at the appropriate time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted