SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   royally screwed (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5387)

speck-chaser 11-23-2009 09:34 AM

royally screwed
 
Just found out that I got the shaft big time. I ordered a dpms 308 sass last year from a co. out of florida. I paid for the gun up front. It has been a year this month. I sent them an email this morning for another status update,and got an automated email response back saying,that they have gone bankrupt. They said that someone might try to start the co. back up in the coming months ,but I think thats probably bs.

longsidelandry 11-23-2009 09:36 AM

Man that sucks

LaAngler 11-23-2009 09:37 AM

ohhh man I'm sorry to hear that. I am going to be more careful about what I leave on backorder from now on.

huntin fool 11-23-2009 09:42 AM

dang....that sucks big time...



Sorry to hear that.

yak'em-n-stack'em 11-23-2009 10:07 AM

lawyer?

speck-chaser 11-23-2009 10:14 AM

Im not sure a lawyer could do anything either with a bankruptcy deal. prolly cost me as much as the gun too.

Ray 11-23-2009 10:23 AM

Buy local. Put a deposit and pay the rest when the gun comes in.
Or get it at a gun show.

longsidelandry 11-23-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 80847)
Buy local. Put a deposit and pay the rest when the gun comes in.
Or get it at a gun show.

That's what I'm gonna do when I have/want to get a new gun. I had thought about ordering off of some websites but after reading this I'll stick with a local buy.

Ray 11-23-2009 10:46 AM

You can get some good deals at gun shows too.
There are usually a lot of dealers at the shows, so prices are pretty good.

speck-chaser 11-23-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 80847)
Buy local. Put a deposit and pay the rest when the gun comes in.
Or get it at a gun show.


yeah, hindsight is 20/20

SULPHITE 11-23-2009 10:51 AM

speck that really sucks man! Wish I could pick ya up and head that way with a blow torch, a pipe wrench, and a couple hard hittin *****s and take care of some slime balls!!

Ray 11-23-2009 10:53 AM

I tried to by The Judge for a few months, but the local dealers wouldn't come off the price. I got it at the gun show for about $100 less than at the dealers.
All of the dealers I priced them at before the show dropped their prices at the gun show, but wouldn't drop it at the store.
So, I bought it from a different dealer that I didn't have to ****er with before the show.

speck-chaser 11-23-2009 10:54 AM

yeah,that would make me feel better,but still wouldnt help my wallet. Or get back all the time that was wasted.

longsidelandry 11-23-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 80874)
I tried to by The Judge for a few months, but the local dealers wouldn't come off the price. I got it at the gun show for about $100 less than at the dealers.
All of the dealers I priced them at before the show dropped their prices at the gun show, but wouldn't drop it at the store.
So, I bought it from a different dealer that I didn't have to ****er with before the show.

I think I'm gonna get that gun as soon as I can. I've been looking at them for a few months now.

speck-chaser 11-23-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 80874)
I tried to by The Judge for a few months, but the local dealers wouldn't come off the price. I got it at the gun show for about $100 less than at the dealers.
All of the dealers I priced them at before the show dropped their prices at the gun show, but wouldn't drop it at the store.
So, I bought it from a different dealer that I didn't have to ****er with before the show.


this rifle is a kinda hard to find rifle since the time I ordered it.

Ray 11-23-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 80877)
I think I'm gonna get that gun as soon as I can. I've been looking at them for a few months now.

I got the blued one with a 3 inch barrel for $425. Wish I would have spent another $110 and got the stainless.
I have to drive thru some rough neighborhoods in NOLA between 3 and 4 am on the way to work. I never thought about it before Katrina, but after, I had to stop at a red light on Gen. Degaulle around 3:30 am and 2 not so friendly dudes came up to my passenger side door. I took out one of them with my mirror, and I had to pay $250 to get it fixed.
I figgered the Judge can take them out next time, or just blow thru the red light if someone is standing close by.

longsidelandry 11-23-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 80885)
I got the blued one with a 3 inch barrel for $425. Wish I would have spent another $110 and got the stainless.
I have to drive thru some rough neighborhoods in NOLA between 3 and 4 am on the way to work. I never thought about it before Katrina, but after, I had to stop at a red light on Gen. Degaulle around 3:30 am and 2 not so friendly dudes came up to my passenger side door. I took out one of them with my mirror, and I had to pay $250 to get it fixed.
I figgered the Judge can take them out next time, or just blow thru the red light if someone is standing close by.

I'm definately getting the stainless when I get mine, I like the way they look compared to the blued.

Ray 11-23-2009 02:34 PM

Me too. I got the hammerless model, but my wife prefers the one with the hammer.
She has a weak grip. She pulls up when trying to pull the trigger, but with a .410
shell in a 3" barrel, it is hard to miss anything.

I also have a Leinad Model DD. Cheap truck insurance, got it before the Judge.
But that lil thang kicks like a donkey on STEROIDS!

Gerald 11-23-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 80824)
Just found out that I got the shaft big time. I ordered a dpms 308 sass last year from a co. out of florida. I paid for the gun up front. It has been a year this month. I sent them an email this morning for another status update,and got an automated email response back saying,that they have gone bankrupt. They said that someone might try to start the co. back up in the coming months ,but I think thats probably bs.


Did you pay for the gun with a credit card?????

If so, sometimes you are covered under some kind of insurance. Check with them. Do you have any records showing that you never got the gun and it has been on "BACK ORDER"?

speck-chaser 11-24-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 81268)
Did you pay for the gun with a credit card?????

If so, sometimes you are covered under some kind of insurance. Check with them. Do you have any records showing that you never got the gun and it has been on "BACK ORDER"?

No, I sent them a wire from my bank. All I have is emails back and forth stating that they still didnt get the gun in yet. If they did go bankrupt though, Im not sure if there is any action I can take with that.

flounder_smacker 11-24-2009 01:29 PM

that sucks that sass is a sweet gun. they are still hard to come by today. they have local dealers that carry dpms in lafayette. you could just order one through them. you are still looking at about a 6 month wait for the gun though.

Jordan 11-24-2009 01:45 PM

call a lawyer and find out...maybe at least get u the money back ??? or false advertisement ??

LaAngler 11-30-2009 03:15 AM

what company was it? do they have a website?

swamp snorkler 11-30-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 80874)
I tried to by The Judge for a few months, but the local dealers wouldn't come off the price. I got it at the gun show for about $100 less than at the dealers.
All of the dealers I priced them at before the show dropped their prices at the gun show, but wouldn't drop it at the store.
So, I bought it from a different dealer that I didn't have to ****er with before the show.

How you like the Judge, I want one really bad to keep in the house. My neighbors brother in law is a licensed gun dealer and can get it for me at 10% markup. I definitely want the stainless, that way when I pull the heat out some Hoodlums they know I mean business!!!

speck-chaser 11-30-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 83516)
what company was it? do they have a website?

yes they have a website, it is www.thesecondamendmentfirearms.com

LaAngler 11-30-2009 11:03 AM

sure sounds fishy that a firearms dealer would go bankrupt during this gun/ammo shortage. sounds like they took a ton of orders they couldn't fill then closed up shop.

try filing some complaints

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

speck-chaser 11-30-2009 07:00 PM

found out today that they had been using paypal for a lot of there gun sales. Someone got pissed and turned them in and paypal froze their assets in their account. Also a credit card co. also didnt like the gun ideas and did a bunch of chargebacks to the co. even after some of the customers had received their guns. Their money is all tied up and are trying to fight it to get it back. Hopefully we can salvage something out of the deal.

LaAngler 12-04-2009 12:43 AM

looks like it shows they have some rifles in stock, tell them to send something! anything!

speck-chaser 12-04-2009 11:03 PM

they just left the site up so people can stay in contact. there is no inventory left. Talked with the owner a few days ago. He is hoping to get some of his money "thawed out" so he can re-imberse those who paid for guns. I hope he comes through,then all Im out is a years worth of lost time.

LaAngler 12-06-2009 04:50 AM

that is a really sweet gun, the sass. I would love to get my hands on a FN SCAR, HK MR762, or heck even a nice FAL.

The Bushy ACR looks sweet also!

I've officially been playing too much modern warfare, lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted