SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 SaltyCajun.com Trout Shootout (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Lodging for tourny (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5663)

LaAngler 12-02-2009 12:05 AM

Lodging for tourny
 
If anyone wants to secure a rental at Heberts now, Call Rachel at 337-794-9991

tell her SaltyCajun sent you!

bay_slayer 12-02-2009 11:13 AM

What is Hebert's?? Is it like Cabins or a hotel or what? Cost?

LaAngler 12-02-2009 12:36 PM

Heberts is the boat launch, she owns cabins nearby

jpeff31787 12-02-2009 01:03 PM

she going to cut us a deal???

huntin fool 12-02-2009 04:57 PM

Great place to stay. If you need a place to stay BOOK ONE THERE!

Ray 12-02-2009 06:07 PM

There are a few bed and breakfasts around the Heberts neighborhood. But you need to book now. They will prolly fill up pretty fast in the spring.

adamsfence 12-05-2009 12:33 PM

does big lake rv park have lake access or do you have to go to heberts?

Ray 12-05-2009 03:47 PM

You have to go to a launch.
Ellenders RV park has a launch. It is right across the ship channel from Calcasieu Point, under the Intercoastal bridge.

adamsfence 12-05-2009 04:29 PM

can you leave your boat in at elenders

jlincecum 12-05-2009 04:30 PM

nope

B-Stealth 12-06-2009 10:19 AM

Camp
 
I called Rachel, we reserved the Green Heron it sleeps 12; gonna be a gooood time. :cheers:

fishinpox 12-06-2009 01:51 PM

we got the blue heron . I cant wait im fkn stoked!!!!

Country Boy 12-06-2009 02:31 PM

there is also a bunch hotels/motels 15 minutes away from C. POINT off the 210 loop that's where we gonna be staying, not to far from the casino.

fishinpox 12-06-2009 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=Country Boy;86971]there is also a bunch hotels/motels 15 minutes away from C. POINT off the 210 loop that's where we gonna be staying, not to far from the casino.[/QUOTE]


thats what the helll im screamin!!!! i loves da casino

huntin fool 12-06-2009 03:52 PM

did any saltycajun members go-in and split the cost of renting one of the guest houses? i know them things can hold a ton of people..just wondering

B-Stealth 12-06-2009 04:02 PM

Yes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 87025)
did any saltycajun members go-in and split the cost of renting one of the guest houses? i know them things can hold a ton of people..just wondering

I called Rachel, we reserved the Green Heron it sleeps 12; gonna be a gooood time. :cheers:

fishinpox 12-06-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 87030)
I called Rachel, we reserved the Green Heron it sleeps 12; gonna be a gooood time. :cheers:


i think its the green picket not the green heron:)

B-Stealth 12-06-2009 04:14 PM

Camp
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 87034)
i think its the green picket not the green heron:)


Yulp thats right, Green Picket, I think we might burn a pig.

fishinpox 12-06-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 87039)
Yulp thats right, Green Picket, I think we might burn a pig.

we are stayin in the blue heron i wonder if they re right next door or what??

huntin fool 12-06-2009 04:22 PM

I've slept in the "crews quarters" or something like dat, beleive it was right behind the Blue heron?

B-Stealth 12-06-2009 04:28 PM

Camps
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 87046)
we are stayin in the blue heron i wonder if they re right next door or what??


I was wandering the same, next time I'm down there I'm gonna scope it out. Come on over and have a beer or three.

huntin fool 12-06-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 87049)
I was wandering the same, next time I'm down there I'm gonna scope it out. Come on over and have a beer or three.


they are next to each other i tink

LaAngler 12-06-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Country Boy (Post 86971)
there is also a bunch hotels/motels 15 minutes away from C. POINT off the 210 loop that's where we gonna be staying, not to far from the casino.

La Quinta inn next to olive garden would be a good spot between lauberge and walmart.

LaAngler 12-06-2009 05:10 PM

sounds like we will all be staying within shouting distance

i know W's gang is about 100 yards south of the blue heron

bay_slayer 12-06-2009 05:19 PM

So they guys that have the cabins that sleep 12, are ya'll looking for people to help fill/split the costs?

huntin fool 12-06-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 87098)
So they guys that have the cabins that sleep 12, are ya'll looking for people to help fill/split the costs?


thats what i asked awhile ago, if they was filled, or want to split cost

bay_slayer 12-06-2009 05:29 PM

as long as I can get a room to myself, I am down to split some costs!! Are theses cabin at the launch, or nearby?

fishinpox 12-06-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 87103)
as long as I can get a room to myself, I am down to split some costs!! Are theses cabin at the launch, or nearby?


:eek:you must be the paris hilton type:eek: high maintence!! lol:*****::*****::*****:

Bluechip 12-06-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 87048)
I've slept in the "crews quarters" or something like dat, beleive it was right behind the Blue heron?

Yes....those two are right next to each other...I've stayed in both....Very nice....

eman 12-06-2009 06:19 PM

cabins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 87103)
as long as I can get a room to myself, I am down to split some costs!! Are theses cabin at the launch, or nearby?

Most of the camps that sleep this many folks are 4 bunks to a room.
Or each room w/ 2 twin beds. If ya want a room ta yourslf ya may want to get a hotel room.

fishinpox 12-06-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 87092)
sounds like we will all be staying within egg throwing distance of W

i know W's gang is about 100 yards south of the blue heron


:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ray 12-06-2009 06:41 PM

The new LaQuinta by L'Auberge is higher than giraffe puzzy.
I think last time my friends came over, it was something like $144/night.
Inn on the Bayou is right next door. If you call them, you can get a group
rate of about $75/night if you give them more than 4 rooms rented.
L'Auberge is very nice, but it will cost you around $250 and up per night
on Fri. and Sat. nights. Less if you are a perferred member and if you spend
a lot that weekend, they will comp. the price of a room.

mikedatiger 12-06-2009 07:04 PM

i got 3 people including myself that need a place - as long as I have room to lay down a sleeping bag then i am happy...

bay_slayer 12-06-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 87127)
:eek:you must be the paris hilton type:eek: high maintence!! lol:*****::*****::*****:

No I'm not high maintenance, but my wife will be coming with me, so unless you want to see my gonads swinging,:eek::eek: well let me just leave it at that. IF i cant get a room in the cabins then I will get myself a hotel room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 87135)
Most of the camps that sleep this many folks are 4 bunks to a room.
Or each room w/ 2 twin beds. If ya want a room ta yourslf ya may want to get a hotel room.

That is exactly why I am asking.......SO I CAN GET A ROOM TO MYSELF

fishinpox 12-06-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 87168)
No I'm not high maintenance, but my wife will be coming with me, so unless you want to see my gonads swinging,:eek::eek: well let me just leave it at that. IF i cant get a room in the cabins then I will get myself a hotel room.



That is exactly why I am asking.......SO I CAN GET A ROOM TO MYSELF


:puke::puke::puke::shaking::shaking: call the number that bruce posted they still have some cabins that have 2 bedrooms mabey you can find someone else to split costs.

huntin fool 12-06-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 87168)
No I'm not high maintenance, but my wife will be coming with me, so unless you want to see my gonads swinging,:eek::eek: well let me just leave it at that. IF i cant get a room in the cabins then I will get myself a hotel room.



That is exactly why I am asking.......SO I CAN GET A ROOM TO MYSELF


check the "crew quarters" right behind one of the cabins....so you and your crew can have it all to yourself :eek:

bay_slayer 12-06-2009 11:19 PM

Are you guys that are renting cabins, renting for 1 night or 2? I'm thinking about making a weekend out of it(maybe)

fishinpox 12-06-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 87323)
Are you guys that are renting cabins, renting for 1 night or 2? I'm thinking about making a weekend out of it(maybe)

thurs, friday, sat. nights

bay_slayer 12-06-2009 11:33 PM

Well I crew change on thursday, so I wont be able to get up there until Friday so I'll prolly try to get something for Friday and saturday nights. We gonna hafta get a crawfish boil going or something friday night!!

LaAngler 12-07-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 87168)
No I'm not high maintenance, but my wife will be coming with me, so unless you want to see my gonads swinging,:eek::eek: well let me just leave it at that. IF i cant get a room in the cabins then I will get myself a hotel room.



That is exactly why I am asking.......SO I CAN GET A ROOM TO MYSELF


I would see if the crew quarters is still open, one queen in it's own room, big kitchen and living room, 2 bunks in living room

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 87328)
thurs, friday, sat. nights

x2

longsidelandry 12-07-2009 09:32 AM

Do they have a website that you can them out on?

Bluechip 12-07-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 87363)
Do they have a website that you can them out on?

http://www.biglakeguesthouse.com/

bay_slayer 12-07-2009 08:53 PM

I just booked a room at Inn on the Bayou. It looks like they are the closest place to Calcasieu Pt. Landing to stay at. The room I reserved is $69.00 a night. The website is innonthebayou . com. Thanks Speckdaddy for the information on the phone.

Ray 12-07-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 87668)
I just booked a room at Inn on the Bayou. It looks like they are the closest place to Calcasieu Pt. Landing to stay at. The room I reserved is $69.00 a night. The website is innonthebayou . com. Thanks Speckdaddy for the information on the phone.

LaQuinta is right next door, but twice the price. $144/night.

Dink 12-29-2009 02:29 PM

OK, has anyone booked those 2 cabins? Ill take 2 of them beds. Need payment up front? Lemme know..........Tim

bay_slayer 12-29-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 95791)
OK, has anyone booked those 2 cabins? Ill take 2 of them beds. Need payment up front? Lemme know..........Tim

PM Sent

Reel Bender 01-06-2010 08:45 PM

So, are there any openings for 1 at any of the cabins???????

longsidelandry 01-07-2010 09:48 AM

Anybody have room for 3 in a cabin? Our wives were coming but we decided to make it a guys weekend.

adamsfence 01-07-2010 09:56 AM

if everything works out with my camper i should have some room. I plan on putting it at a campground once the water gets right

MallardFish 01-13-2010 08:09 PM

Only more one cabin open through Big Lake Guest House. I booked one today...Its gonna be a blast!!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted