SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Anyone been to Toledo Bend lately? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62980)

T-Boo 01-26-2016 09:39 AM

Anyone been to Toledo Bend lately?
 
Planning on going to the Bend on 2/01/16.
Wondering if the bass had moved up yet.

Fresh_Life 01-26-2016 10:30 AM

I have heard some reports of shallow catches, but the best reports have been the typical stuff you do this time of year-traps, swim baits deep spinners and C-rigs. The shallow fish have come on square bills and spinnerbaits. If the water you fish is not too stained, always have a Rapala SR-05 tied on.

marshrunner757 01-26-2016 10:31 AM

Buddy of mine went last Wednesday. Hurricane bay. They had 12 keepers. Majority caught in 15' water.

T-Boo 01-26-2016 11:16 AM

Well, there is a warming trend up there starting Friday 1/29. I'm hoping it might rev 'em up a bit. Thanks for the replies.

eernt 01-26-2016 11:28 AM

Me and buddy were suppose to go that same day, he canceled me out and taking someone else!!! Cant loose with Kudzu!!

T-Boo 01-26-2016 02:51 PM

Kudzu!!!!!!!!
Another buddy of mine says he's been slaying bass on Sam Rayburn with a green pumpkin/ blue flake Brush Hog.

eernt 01-26-2016 02:56 PM

I have a buddy that's been fishing around pirates cove area, been doing really well with a pumpkin seed lizard cut with a half inch shappie twa tail

T-Boo 01-28-2016 11:28 AM

Anyone else been to Toledo or heard any reports?

Fresh_Life 01-28-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Boo (Post 784978)
Anyone else been to Toledo or heard any reports?

Read a recent article discussing a tournament winner's strategy. Deep on crank baits and swim baits on one of those spinner jig heads. Somewhere near or in tenn. Bay.

T-Boo 01-29-2016 08:25 AM

I was kind of thinking of starting 4-8 feet, looking for grass lines near deeper water on points.

Maybe Indian Mounds if wind allows me to cross the lake in my 15x48 aluminum.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AubreyLaHaye458 01-29-2016 08:40 AM

Traps on traps on traps


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jchief 01-29-2016 08:47 AM

SSW winds 10 to 25 this weekend.


Good luck.

C-Bass2mouth 01-29-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Boo (Post 785015)
I was kind of thinking of starting 4-8 feet, looking for grass lines near deeper water on points.

Maybe Indian Mounds if wind allows me to cross the lake in my 15x48 aluminum.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't find good grass, or don't have any confidence in what everyone else is doing point hopping is always a good start. S wind will be chunking all weekend, be safe.

T-Boo 01-29-2016 09:36 AM

Thanks. I'm mainly fishing Arnold Bay / Diamond Cove. Indian Mounds are basically straight across the lake from us, but high winds/ waves can cancel that out for me.
Going up Sunday with Monday being the main fishing day. May use Sunday to scout out some spots with the depth finder. My small flat/bottom boat and high winds don't get along well. Thanks for all yall's info.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Boo 02-11-2016 07:28 AM

Going again tomorrow 2/12 and Sat. 2/13.
Any fresh info? About to have a few warm days.

Crankbait36 02-12-2016 02:53 AM

I will be up there tomorrow Thru Sunday

PaulMyers 02-12-2016 04:13 AM

Good luck y'all!

jpeff31787 02-12-2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Boo (Post 786541)
Going again tomorrow 2/12 and Sat. 2/13.
Any fresh info? About to have a few warm days.

I think you'll be fine these days... pressure will be a little high so may have to slow down a tad, but fish are definitely going to be moving today. Some may lock on

Fresh_Life 02-12-2016 09:44 AM

Going tomorrow, but today is the day. Winds switch to N/NE at 10-15 for Saturday. I predict I do not get a bite.

Crankbait36 02-12-2016 08:47 PM

I freaking lost a monster today definitely 10 plus!

Hydro 02-12-2016 08:56 PM

Heading up tomorrow morning, need a break from all this chocolate milk in the rivers :D

T-Boo 02-13-2016 07:19 PM

Caught 5 this morning, kept 2 and a goggle-eye. Water temp avg. was 57.5 degrees. This afternoon produced nothing. Winds more significant today as forecast. Lizards up against trees. Tried deeper fishing but no dice.

cajunduck man 02-13-2016 09:02 PM

Going in the morning. Will launch at Big Bass but will probably cross over to the Indian Mounds and Hurricane Bay. First trip this year so will probably throw the tackle box at them to figure out what they want!

Crankbait36 02-13-2016 10:01 PM

Caught nice bass this morning but broke off on two good ones! Should of have 5 going 20 pounds easy! Morning bite was the ticket only managed three knot heads this afternoon!

T-Boo 02-13-2016 10:12 PM

What kind of pattern were you working, Crankbait36?

Crankbait36 02-13-2016 11:31 PM

Shallow power fishing jig, brush hog, fluke.

Crankbait36 02-15-2016 07:30 PM

My 5 best Sunday morning went over 23 pounds and I had one over 7lbs

T-Boo 02-15-2016 08:11 PM

I was happy to find that my two-day-old trolling motor would not work Sunday morning.
And this motor was a replacement from the factory to honor warranty work on a trolling motor I bought at the end of last April.
Ya think I wasn't feeling a little salty? Stubborn me, I motored out to the middle of the cove and let the wind blow me in while I push-poled and casted at the same time. Then, I gave in.

Crankbait36 02-16-2016 10:42 AM

Sounds like motor guide issues

T-Boo 02-16-2016 11:37 AM

Don't get me started. They're sending me another one but I don't feel like I can trust it. The first one crapped out on me at Toledo, the second one did the same. Forgive me for lacking optimism with this one....

C-Bass2mouth 02-16-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crankbait36 (Post 786951)
My 5 best Sunday morning went over 23 pounds and I had one over 7lbs

Punching hay grass perhaps?

PEACEKEEPER 02-16-2016 03:11 PM

trolling motor issue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by t-boo (Post 786959)
i was happy to find that my two-day-old trolling motor would not work sunday morning.
And this motor was a replacement from the factory to honor warranty work on a trolling motor i bought at the end of last april.
Ya think i wasn't feeling a little salty? Stubborn me, i motored out to the middle of the cove and let the wind blow me in while i push-poled and casted at the same time. Then, i gave in.

t-boo

what kind of motor do you have? I had a minnkota 70sc model before. I had work done it four times until i finally sent it in for good. Minnkota did me right and sent me a nice brand new 80lb at no cost.

T-Boo 02-16-2016 03:55 PM

Anyone been to Toledo Bend lately?
 
Well, I have to give it to Motorguide. Their customer service reps are really great. Very understanding, willing to honor warranty commitments, quick shipment of replacement motors, and quick to return phone calls.
I bought a Vari-Max last April that all of a sudden wouldn't go forward. They sent a replacement (R3 model), but that broke after two days (head acting like it's not getting power).
They shipped a new R3 yesterday that should be on my doorstep this evening.

Sorry for the thread derail.

Crankbait36 02-18-2016 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 787014)
Punching hay grass perhaps?

Hell no but not saying how I am catching them either

Crankbait36 02-18-2016 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Boo (Post 787048)
Well, I have to give it to Motorguide. Their customer service reps are really great. Very understanding, willing to honor warranty commitments, quick shipment of replacement motors, and quick to return phone calls.
I bought a Vari-Max last April that all of a sudden wouldn't go forward. They sent a replacement (R3 model), but that broke after two days (head acting like it's not getting power).
They shipped a new R3 yesterday that should be on my doorstep this evening.

Sorry for the thread derail.

We have had that problem with the Vari max twice on my fathers boat! Now the dang thing is out of warranty and broke again so we put the old saltwater motor guide back on it! Something causes the boards to burn on the Vari-Max and then it only runs in reverse! Screw Motorguide

C-Bass2mouth 02-18-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crankbait36 (Post 787180)
Hell no but not saying how I am catching them either

"Hell no?" Kinda sounds like you were flipping hay grass.. lol. My go-to is usually "banjo minnow in the river channel" when people ask and I don't want to tell.

jchief 02-18-2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 787214)
"Hell no?" Kinda sounds like you were flipping hay grass.. lol. My go-to is usually "banjo minnow in the river channel" when people ask and I don't want to tell.

Sshhhhhh!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Crankbait36 02-18-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 787014)
Punching hay grass perhaps?

I caught em on the helicopter lure you know the ones they sold on tv years ago! Lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted