SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Chris's marine ii in lake charles (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8152)

MERCURY OUTBOARD MAN 02-28-2010 11:57 PM

Chris's marine ii in lake charles
 
I HAVE BROKE GROUND ON THE NEW DEALERSHIP AND HOPE TO BE OPEN APRIL 1ST I AM IN SEARCH OF MECHANICS AND SALESMEN IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY BOAT PERSONEL THAT ARE LOOKING TO JOIN A VERY STRONG BASED BOAT DEALERSHIP PLEASE LET THEM KNOW ABOUT US MY CELL PHONE NUMBER IS 361-557-1967 WE WILL BE LOCATED IN SULPHUR ON HWY 27 SOUTH THANKS
CHRIS COULTER
chrismarineboats@yahoo.com

Gerald 03-01-2010 01:26 AM

You buying out Jerry's?

jsmoke222000 03-01-2010 03:57 AM

Quote:

You buying out Jerry's?
I was gonna ask the same thing.

"W" 03-01-2010 08:05 AM

No he is just opening up a new shop and will be selling Hayine Boats....Im sure these boats will take over Big Lake in a few years.........I have had nothing but good things said about mine........Love it...Chris makes a damn fine and fast azz boat....

B-Stealth 03-01-2010 09:12 AM

Awesome
 
I love it, now Jerry's will have some competition.

Good luck and welcome.

cmdrost 03-01-2010 09:21 AM

heard through the grapevine you were coming over here. Welcome!

Now whats the word on that used 24 HO on your website? ;)

LaAngler 03-01-2010 09:28 AM

chris told me he will make a smoking deal on the first haynie out of the new dealership

Shawn Braquet 03-01-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 120824)
I love it, now Jerry's will have some competition.

Good luck and welcome.

shouldn't take much to compete with jerry's, throw a couple of yahoos that never leave the office to show boats and there you go

Ray 03-01-2010 02:31 PM

They never would talk to me when I was looking for a boat.
I went to talk to them and they said to look at the boats and someone would be out
to talk in a few minutes.
I stayed in the yard looking for an hour and no one would talk to me. Went back
inside and they were all at lunch except for one with rotten teeth, he wouldn't get
off the phone. Went back later that evening and they were shooting the bull with
some guides and had no time for me.
Jerry's don't know how to do business. I went elsewhere.

SULPHITE 03-01-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

shouldn't take much to compete with jerry's, throw a couple of yahoos that never leave the office to show boats and there you go
:*****: Dude..took the words right oughta my mouth!!! LOL!

Shawn Braquet 03-01-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 121075)
They never would talk to me when I was looking for a boat.
I went to talk to them and they said to look at the boats and someone would be out
to talk in a few minutes.
I stayed in the yard looking for an hour and no one would talk to me. Went back
inside and they were all at lunch except for one with rotten teeth, he wouldn't get
off the phone. Went back later that evening and they were shooting the bull with
some guides and had no time for me.
Jerry's don't know how to do business. I went elsewhere.

ray samething with me on my bay boat, then liked the southforks so ordered a tunnel they told me that it would take 4 weeks so that would have been a week before lacassine opened great, then 8 weeks later my boat is on the way and I payed up front:pissed: so no backing out.

SULPHITE 03-01-2010 03:03 PM

Chris just give good customer service and produce dem purty boats and you'll do fine here...

cmdrost 03-01-2010 03:24 PM

bought my frontier from Dawson instead of Jerry's. Dawson even delivered my boat to my driveway. Talk about good customer service. Too bad they shut down.

"W" 03-01-2010 03:30 PM

I heard a few Rumors that Jerry has been asking around about Chris marine.... I hope Chris does great and If he opens on April 1st I will be there

Bluechip 03-01-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 121069)
shouldn't take much to compete with jerry's, throw a couple of yahoos that never leave the office to show boats and there you go

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 121075)
They never would talk to me when I was looking for a boat.
I went to talk to them and they said to look at the boats and someone would be out
to talk in a few minutes.
I stayed in the yard looking for an hour and no one would talk to me. Went back
inside and they were all at lunch except for one with rotten teeth, he wouldn't get
off the phone. Went back later that evening and they were shooting the bull with
some guides and had no time for me.
Jerry's don't know how to do business. I went elsewhere.

I have heard these stories for years but Jerry's is still in business...makes me wonder????

I do agree that their customer service sucks.....

Ray 03-01-2010 03:35 PM

If he has good service and polite sales people, he can do good.
The guy who I bought from has great service. I saw him at the LC boat show and
he was able to remember my name, 8 months later.
When I took my boat in for the 10 hour and yearly service, I dropped it off, went to
Houston and picked it up on the way back. No long waiting. That's good service too.
I don't want to drop it off and pick it up a week later. That sux.

cmdrost 03-01-2010 03:37 PM

Jerry's needs to sell, but he wants too much!

SULPHITE 03-01-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

I have heard these stories for years but Jerry's is still in business...makes me wonder????

I do agree that their customer service sucks.....
I think him being the only cat in town with some of the "popular" boats has kept him around. Competition will make you better or close you down.

Bluechip 03-01-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 121118)
I think him being the only cat in town with some of the "popular" boats has kept him around. Competition will make you better or close you down.

I agree....

cmdrost 03-01-2010 04:09 PM

So wheres new shop gonna be located???

Gerald 03-01-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 121113)
I have heard these stories for years but Jerry's is still in business...makes me wonder????

I do agree that their customer service sucks.....

I have a Merc.....and quit dealing with them when I need parts. They never would let you know when a part came in that you ordered. And it usually took much longer to get a part than what they would tell you.

Way to much "talking to people or on the phone" to wait on a customer.

Chris.....Jerry's will close down in a year if you compete with them.

Raymond 03-01-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 121129)
So wheres new shop gonna be located???

Next door:eek:

Salty 03-01-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 121111)
I heard a few Rumors that Jerry has been asking around about Chris marine.... I hope Chris does great and If he opens on April 1st I will be there

"April Fool"

jlincecum 03-01-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 121129)
So wheres new shop gonna be located???

Not even a half mile south of jerrys. On the left

all star rod 03-01-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 121075)
They never would talk to me when I was looking for a boat.
I went to talk to them and they said to look at the boats and someone would be out
to talk in a few minutes.
I stayed in the yard looking for an hour and no one would talk to me. Went back
inside and they were all at lunch except for one with rotten teeth, he wouldn't get
off the phone. Went back later that evening and they were shooting the bull with
some guides and had no time for me.
Jerry's don't know how to do business. I went elsewhere.


Likely why he was not at lunch with his fellow co-workers!!:D Also, I venture to the LC area for business at least once a month. A few years ago when I was looking to buy a boat I stopped there and the service was bad. I walked around in the yard for about 30 minutes and even went in the place......No help at all.

MERCURY OUTBOARD MAN 03-01-2010 10:53 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes we will be open april 1st we are going to have demo days that weekend i will have all 6 Haynie MDLS there to ride in, demo days will be sat and sunday april 17th and 18th hope to see yall there i do have a guide program and a tournament program and i will make some smoking deals that weekend,and customer service is what Chris's Marine is made of we have won the csi award for customer satisfaction 5 years straight and we will do it again this year.

jlincecum 03-01-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MERCURY OUTBOARD MAN (Post 121443)
Thanks for all the welcomes we will be open april 1st we are going to have demo days that weekend i will have all 6 Haynie MDLS there to ride in, demo days will be sat and sunday april 17th and 18th hope to see yall there i do have a guide program and a tournament program and i will make some smoking deals that weekend,and customer service is what Chris's Marine is made of we have won the csi award for customer satisfaction 5 years straight and we will do it again this year.


when you gonna start cleanin that place up??? i have a feeling you are going to out grow it pretty quick

mikedatiger 03-01-2010 11:24 PM

Hey Chris, best of luck. I will definitely be there at your grand opening in support. Can't wait to get my boat from you - chomping at the bits!!!

This is great news for the area. Everyone I have ever spoken to at Chris' Marine has been fantastic! I have been reading another TX forum for quite some time, and they have nothing but the highest of praise for their level of service.

mikedatiger 03-01-2010 11:34 PM

On another note, and not to get all politically correct, no need for us to bash other dealers on here - especially if they are not here to defend themselves.

I can speak from experience that Chris went out of his way to pick up my boat in Sulpher for me and drag it back to his shop in TX as I couldn't do it because I was out of town. That goes a long way in my book.

Congrats Chris and best of luck!

catch.and.fillet 03-02-2010 09:01 AM

Here's a positive story: I went to Jerry's for 100 hour service on my Yammy and everything went as planned. Very reasonable in cost and he even did a little extra for no cost and didn't recommend any extra service and gave me a heads up on what to expect at 200 hrs. The guy with the bad teeth is interesting but the manager with glasses (maybe Jerry) seemed to be a good guy.

I called Lake Charles Marine for a week and never got the lady that runs service to call me back. Jerry's replied promptly. Just my .02. I have no reason not to go back. Plus I like looking at that Shearwater he's got in his lot when I drive by....

homerun 03-02-2010 09:56 AM

another positive story about jerrys . bought a used boat about 10 yrs ago. after a couple of months having it one of the blades on my merc 225 prop sheered off. jerrys replace the prop free of charge. i didn't even buy the boat from him. saved me $$$$$$

LaAngler 03-02-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 121460)
I agree slander is not what we want on a good site

I agree with this, but, i didn't think what was said above was really slander

slander is malicious and false

SULPHITE 03-02-2010 10:18 AM

Slander or consumer education? :confused:

"W" 03-02-2010 10:27 AM

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

SULPHITE 03-02-2010 10:28 AM

W you brighten my day! LOL!!!! The truth shall set you free! LOL!!!

mikedatiger 03-02-2010 11:00 AM

Agree with you guys above. My whole point in making the statement was this a thread announcing the arrival of Chris' Marine, a welcome addition to the area. If people want to talk about other dealerships or service centers then start another thread but don't steal the thunder...

SULPHITE 03-02-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Agree with you guys above. My whole point in making the statement was this a thread announcing the arrival of Chris' Marine, a welcome addition to the area. If people want to talk about other dealerships or service centers then start another thread but don't steal the thunder...
gotcha ;) Just excited about a quality dealer moving in town! :)

evis102 03-02-2010 01:47 PM

I'm on my 3rd bay boat and I got them all from Jerry due to the fact that he had the best price in 3 states(tx,la,miss) on all 3.

MERCURY OUTBOARD MAN 03-04-2010 11:15 PM

clean up
 
We have started clean up last week we are redoing the inside of the building Rita did some major damage,we have the roof done and almost done with the walls,the fence will be up by sunday we will install 2 new garage doors next week,then we will paint and install new ac unit i know i will out grow quick but i have to start somewere and we are building a new building in texas and is over 10 acres so first things first yall will just have to pick your boats up when im done and help me out on that and thanks for the 2 customers that bought new Haynies from me even though im not open they broke the ice for me already .Hope to see yall all soon.I will also have a 24 high output there monday i have a demo lined up for a guy from big lake guide service if anyone else would like to demo come by i will be there till thursday
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlincecum (Post 121445)
when you gonna start cleanin that place up??? i have a feeling you are going to out grow it pretty quick


Dink 03-04-2010 11:28 PM

You the fella I talked to at the gas station in grand isle after the ifa tourney?? Nice boats you had out there....lotsa folks talked about them after.....

jlincecum 03-05-2010 07:16 AM

I passed by there yesterday and got a look at the progress. Looks like you are gonna make the dumpster company happy. Good luck with the work and let us know if you need any help.

H2OFwlKlr 03-06-2010 12:24 AM

Is this the old Berry Brothers building?

evis102 03-06-2010 02:08 PM

Finally, a local dealer that can build me a tower boat.

jchief 03-06-2010 08:21 PM

He is in the old NuCO2 building almost straight across from the car wash. Just a little north.

evis102 03-25-2010 05:31 PM

What's the build time on a Haynie?

"W" 03-25-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evis102 (Post 131823)
What's the build time on a Haynie?


He did mine real quick.....I sure there all different because you design the inside..........Mine took about 6 weeks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted