15lb Boga ?
thinking of buying the 15lb Boga......My question.....Do you know if a fish weighing more than 15lbs would mess the scale up?
I guess what i'm saying is if i'm wade fishing and just happen to hang a redfish or drum or whatever kind of fish that looks to be 15+ would it be wise to grab the fish with the Boga? |
Hey W, remember the clown on 2cool that said his trout weighed over 10 lbs. because it "pegged" his Boga? :eek: :*****:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
Totally irrelevant. :smokin: |
I'm in a tourny here at work thats just like the STAR but last all year long.....i got one red on the board and caught a trout this morning that i'm gonna put up there......i just want to be able to weigh the fish on the water and tell if it weights more than the one i already have so i can just release/keep the fish.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
they did that when my dad worked there.. and nobody fished it or something so they just gave away prizes. Yep i got the hook up lol Poppin Cork Spinner bait, pack of sac a lait jigs and cocahoes :work: |
Quote:
|
Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boga-Grip-15LB-M...item23051a3122 Quote:
I had fun with that........O yea Mont was mad at me for that also.......How dare I call out a Texan with a potential state record but he decides to let it go and not weight it for he sake of man kind...........Can you smell DIP SHI^:p |
Quote:
That what i was thinking though. |
Quote:
last year there was enough money to give away 1st-5th place with 5th place in all 4 divisions doubling your entry fee......nothing to special just all in good fun. |
Quote:
yep. I liked the idea. KBR has a bass tournament each year,not fishing this years |
I read that the Boga will hold two times its stated weighing scale
|
Quote:
|
From the manufacturer:
BogaGrip is a high-quality fish landing, handling and weighing tool. It handles fish by encompassing the fish's lower jawbone and works on most species of fish. The BogaGrip features easy, one-hand operation and will accurately weigh fish. The BogaGrip is very saltwater resistant. It is ideal for the wade and bank fisherman, as it clips nicely to a fisherman's apparel; but it is equally at home in a boat. The BogaGrip is built to handle fish weighing double its scale capacity. |
Quote:
Kicking Bryaden's Rear :D |
Quote:
Nevermind just read W's post..........thanks dubya. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
Kellog Brown And Root
He's a Safety Supervisor for Lanxess though. In Orange |
why would you get a 15lb when a 30lb is the same price?
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
I think the 15 lb. weighs in 1/4 lb increments. |
Quote:
|
I think W was trying to sound all technical and stuff
|
And yes the 15 weighs in 1/4 increments
|
Quote:
|
Does the 30 weigh in 1/2 lb.?
|
Quote:
|
I really don't know why a trout or bass fisherman would even need the 30 lb. model.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
:rolleyes: |
Get a 30 lb.
I got that so I can weigh some offshore fish like Snapper as well as inshore fish. It's only a few more $$ worth it to ne |
15 is much more accurate because of the 1/4 ounce marks. Can be certified by IGFA, and imho, is all you need for inshore fishing. 30 lb would be good for offshore with snapper, ling, etc.
To answer your question....No it will not hurt it. I've had redfish bottom out the thing a few times. Didn't mess it up. |
Thanks guys, i bought the 30lb this morning at academy, it was the only one they had left and that sucker is nice compared to the cheap berkly i have. If your looking for a cheap one the berkly is not bad for the price, it held up pretty well for me.
|
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted