SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Numb Heels (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8662)

"W" 03-17-2010 09:31 PM

Numb Heels
 
Over the last two days.......I have experts something kind of weird......Both my heels are numb.......

Dont know what could cause this?? Any of you ever had this problem? Its right on the bottom of my foot almost to the middle to the back of heel

wtretrievers 03-17-2010 09:32 PM

Brain Damage!!!!!

wtretrievers 03-17-2010 09:33 PM

What have you been doing the past couple days? Anything different?

adamsfence 03-17-2010 09:34 PM

id say try webmd but that place just scares the hell out of you....no matter what you type it brings up heart attack or something real scarry like that

"W" 03-17-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 128228)
What have you been doing the past couple days? Anything different?


I was trying a new medicine from the Dr. Dont and ran out......But this is weird.........All the Internet says is Diabetes......I know I don't have that because were are tested every year for work and I just did all my blood work in Jan

wtretrievers 03-17-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 128236)
I was trying a new medicine from the Dr. Dont and ran out......But this is weird.........All the Internet says is Diabetes......I know I don't have that because were are tested every year for work and I just did all my blood work in Jan

Is this your Doctors names? I don't think I'd use them!

Seriously it may be a side effect from the medicine, It should tell what the side effects are.

adamsfence 03-17-2010 09:44 PM

look up the medicine and see if that is a side affect

Big Flounder 03-17-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 128224)
Over the last two days.......I have experts something kind of weird......Both my heels are numb.......

Dont know what could cause this?? Any of you ever had this problem? Its right on the bottom of my foot almost to the middle to the back of heel

Maybe dem heels are just a little over loaded! :*****:

"W" 03-17-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Flounder (Post 128248)
Maybe dem heels are just a little over loaded! :*****:


could be:*****:

Big Flounder 03-17-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 128250)
could be:*****:

Nah.. Just kidding man. After I walk around or stand for a long period of time and sit down for a short period, mine do that. Mine are def over loaded

"W" 03-17-2010 09:55 PM

This is why im no DR.

List of 12 causes of Heel numbness

This section shows a full list of all the diseases and conditions listed as a possible cause of Heel numbness in our database from various sources.

wtretrievers 03-17-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W";128255]This is why im no DR.

List of 12 causes of Heel numbness

This section shows a full list of all the diseases and conditions listed as a possible cause of Heel numbness in our database from various sources. [LIST][*][URL="http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/cerebrovascular_accident/intro.htm
Cerebrovascular accident[/URL][*]Cold[*]Compartment syndrome[*]Constricting stockings[*]Diabetes[*]Foot injury[*]Heel injury[*]Peripheral artery disease[*]Peripheral nerve compression[*]Peripheral nerve trauma[*]Peripheral neuropathy[*]Sciatica[/LIST]

WTH is that? I know you've had a ton of accidents! could this be one of them?
Did you google the medice & side effects?

2ndamendment 03-17-2010 09:58 PM

May try having you lower back aligned(chiropractor). As often as you are in a fishing boat the lower back tends to get out of alignment and can give the feet trouble.

Big Flounder 03-17-2010 09:58 PM

Have you guys ever heard of restless leg syndrome? I think I have this. Some nights I lay in bed and can not stop moving my legs. I will stay up all night and go to work! That sucks.

Salty 03-17-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W";128255]This is why im no DR.

List of 12 causes of Heel numbness

This section shows a full list of all the diseases and conditions listed as a possible cause of Heel numbness in our database from various sources. [LIST][*][URL="http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/cerebrovascular_accident/intro.htm
Cerebrovascular accident[/URL][*]Cold[*]Compartment syndrome[*]Constricting stockings[*]Diabetes[*]Foot injury[*]Heel injury[*]Peripheral artery disease[*]Peripheral nerve compression[*]Peripheral nerve trauma[*]Peripheral neuropathy[*]Sciatica[/LIST]

If it was Sciatica, you would have known it long before your heels went numb.

2ndamendment 03-17-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Flounder (Post 128259)
Have you guys ever heard of restless leg syndrome? I think I have this. Some nights I lay in bed and can not stop moving my legs. I will stay up all night and go to work! That sucks.


Yes heard of it. Worked with a fella who on graveyards would put his legs up and catch a nap. While napping his legs would go to moving, kicking. We would tease him and ask how many miles he ran while sleeping.

speck-chaser 03-17-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Flounder (Post 128259)
Have you guys ever heard of restless leg syndrome? I think I have this. Some nights I lay in bed and can not stop moving my legs. I will stay up all night and go to work! That sucks.

my mom has that, she started taking alot of magnesium and its helped a lot. They make a natural product called be calm at the health food store that is mostly made up of magnesium.

Big Flounder 03-17-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndamendment (Post 128261)
Yes heard of it. Worked with a fella who on graveyards would put his legs up and catch a nap. While napping his legs would go to moving, kicking. We would tease him and ask how many miles he ran while sleeping.

I haven't ran yet. I need too! It is weird. Can not stop moving my damn legs!

Big Flounder 03-17-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 128266)
my mom has that, she started taking alot of magnesium and its helped a lot. They make a natural product called be calm at the health food store that is mostly made up of magnesium.

Good to know that. I will try. What about W? Got a cure for that heal thing?

evis102 03-17-2010 10:19 PM

Could be a nerve thing in your back.

FF_T_Warren 03-17-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 128256)
WTH is that? I know you've had a ton of accidents! could this be one of them?
Did you google the medice & side effects?

cerebrovascular accident=CVA=stroke (all the same thing)

fishinpox 03-17-2010 10:25 PM

dude yer screwed ... this happened to a friend of mine about a week after his heels went numb his "thingy" fell off:eek: and he gave me all his fishing gear,money,boat....then he turned gay:eek:

wtretrievers 03-17-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren (Post 128288)
cerebrovascular accident=CVA=stroke (all the same thing)

Oh.....ok........thought it coulda been what Capt D did to him in the boat bout a month back!:spineyes:

wtretrievers 03-17-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 128290)
dude yer screwed ... this happened to a friend of mine about a week after his heels went numb his "thingy" fell off:eek: and he gave me all his fishing gear,money,boat....then he turned gay:eek:

:*****::rotfl::D:grinpimp:
I think some of this has already happened long ago!

Ray 03-17-2010 10:34 PM

Could possibly be a nerve issue.
Compressed nerve in the lower back from a bulging disk or calcium build up.
Compressed nerve in the leg area from a tumor or growth. This happened to
a coworker who just died from cancer last month. His leg was numb and he thought
had a back problem, it turned out to be a maglignant tumor in the leg pressing
against the nerve that runs down the leg.
Or a blood flow issue, like diabetes or something similar.

"W" 03-17-2010 10:36 PM

I have restless Leg syndrome ...Thats the new medicine I'm taking

fishinpox 03-17-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 128299)
I have restless Leg syndrome ...Thats the new medicine I'm taking

you kick yer legs in yer sleep?? maybe thats what i have i kick my legs like a madman in my sleep ...wife makes me sleep in the guest bed also cuz i snore and fart in my sleep :D

mikedatiger 03-17-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndamendment (Post 128257)
May try having you lower back aligned(chiropractor). As often as you are in a fishing boat the lower back tends to get out of alignment and can give the feet trouble.

"w" any pain down your legs? my back is screwed like a $2 dollar $%^&*, and I have pain/numbness in my foot because of a pinched nerve. check it out with a chiro...

i find out in the next few days whether i have to have surgery because of disc problems...

mikedatiger 03-17-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 128297)
Could possibly be a nerve issue.
Compressed nerve in the lower back from a bulging disk or calcium build up.
Compressed nerve in the leg area from a tumor or growth. This happened to
a coworker who just died from cancer last month. His leg was numb and he thought
had a back problem, it turned out to be a maglignant tumor in the leg pressing
against the nerve that runs down the leg.
Or a blood flow issue, like diabetes or something similar.

man ray, you're depressing me over here.

as arnold said, "it's not a tuma"

Ray 03-17-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 128299)
I have restless Leg syndrome ...Thats the new medicine I'm taking

Lyrica?

"W" 03-17-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 128309)
Lyrica?

Yep......That it.

Dude what ever you guys do.........Never I mean Never go look at the side affects of your medicines :eek::eek::eek::eek:

WOW...........and this is good for us!!!!!!!!!!!

FF_T_Warren 03-17-2010 10:51 PM

Hey who knows
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 128291)
Oh.....ok........thought it coulda been what Capt D did to him in the boat bout a month back!:spineyes:

Hey who knows what coulda caused it. Im not one to judge

adamsfence 03-17-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 128312)
Yep......That it.

Dude what ever you guys do.........Never I mean Never go look at the side affects of your medicines :eek::eek::eek::eek:

WOW...........and this is good for us!!!!!!!!!!!


i hope it don't make you shorter that wasn't one of the side effects was it

Big Flounder 03-17-2010 11:02 PM

I don't kick my legs in my sleep. It's really like a tingling. My wife doesn't even notice it.

Ray 03-17-2010 11:25 PM

I had to take Lyrica after my back surgery to calm down the nerves that were
hurting from the scar tissue.

wtretrievers 03-17-2010 11:27 PM

It says one of the side effects is feet swelling, maybe whats causing them to go numb.

"W" 03-17-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 128297)
Could possibly be a nerve issue.
Compressed nerve in the lower back from a bulging disk or calcium build up.
Compressed nerve in the leg area from a tumor or growth. This happened to
a coworker who just died from cancer last month. His leg was numb and he thought
had a back problem, it turned out to be a maglignant tumor in the leg pressing
against the nerve that runs down the leg.
Or a blood flow issue, like diabetes or something similar.

Thanks Ray.... I feel better now that you gave me that great news!!!!

Bluechip 03-17-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 128350)
Thanks Ray.... I feel better now that you gave me that great news!!!!

Go ahead and make the arrangements "W".......Ray just put you in the grave...lol....

bay_slayer 03-17-2010 11:36 PM

Sounds like you might just need a shot of peniscillin




:rotfl::*****::*****:

Ray 03-18-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 128350)
Thanks Ray.... I feel better now that you gave me that great news!!!!

Just trying to help out... You are very welcome.

Suthrngntlmn 03-18-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 128236)
I was trying a new medicine from the Dr. Dont and ran out......But this is weird.........All the Internet says is Diabetes......I know I don't have that because were are tested every year for work and I just did all my blood work in Jan

Get blood work done "W" and make sure they check your A1C, I'm diabetic and my feet are numb all the time.

Red Devil 03-18-2010 04:15 PM

My wife gets irate cuz I'm so hard headed, but had an old man tell me one time the secret to living a long life is to stay away from doctors. Which I do as much as possible. I am not about to start taking a pill that helps with restless leg, but I may crap my pants. I look at these as chemicals, not medicines. Why would someone want all the added side effects. I take a handful of vitamins and feel great. My doctor tried putting me on blood pressure medicine because he said it was a little high. I told him there was no way I would take it due to the fact that I have had high blood pressure since I was a kid. The more chemicals they sell, the more money they make. Legal druggies is what I call em. Think about that.

Will"E"Fish 03-18-2010 04:24 PM

Quit eating sugar products for a week and tell me if it helps.

eman 03-18-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W";128255]This is why im no DR.

List of 12 causes of Heel numbness

This section shows a full list of all the diseases and conditions listed as a possible cause of Heel numbness in our database from various sources. [LIST][*][URL="http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/cerebrovascular_accident/intro.htm
Cerebrovascular accident[/URL][*]Cold[*]Compartment syndrome[*]Constricting stockings[*]Diabetes[*]Foot injury[*]Heel injury[*]Peripheral artery disease[*]Peripheral nerve compression[*]Peripheral nerve trauma[*]Peripheral neuropathy[*]Sciatica[/LIST]

You For got one, GROWING PAINS!!!

eman 03-18-2010 04:53 PM

Restless legs
 
Got a home remedy that has been proven to work for LOTS of folks who suffer w/ RLS.
Get a bar of dial soap and put it under the fitted sheet at the foot of the bed and leave it there. has helped many people overcome RLS.( worked for me)

wtretrievers 03-18-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 128626)
Got a home remedy that has been proven to work for LOTS of folks who suffer w/ RLS.
Get a bar of dial soap and put it under the fitted sheet at the foot of the bed and leave it there. has helped many people overcome RLS.( worked for me)

WTH is that supposed to do other than make your feet smell good?

eman 03-18-2010 05:46 PM

soap
 
Don't know why it works but it does. and it cures funky foot.

wtretrievers 03-18-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 128648)
Don't know why it works but it does. and it cures funky foot.

Now who in the hell said :rolleyes:Hmmmm.....I think I may stick a bar of Dial soap under the sheets, bet that'll work:confused::confused::confused:

Jordan 03-18-2010 06:16 PM

It does work...... Can't be any other brand but white dial soap. My grandparents use this technique religiously.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted