SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Going to the Bend this weekend (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8833)

whunter29 03-23-2010 09:49 AM

Going to the Bend this weekend
 
Anyone else from here going to be there?:D

jchief 03-23-2010 01:02 PM

If I can get over this stomach virus

goldenrod 03-23-2010 01:55 PM

let me know how you do i will be up there next weekend.:help:

Hebert 03-23-2010 02:08 PM

i'm thinking about going next week for a couple days...

goldenrod 03-23-2010 02:25 PM

what area are yall going to be fishing?

yak'em-n-stack'em 03-23-2010 03:32 PM

ill be up there for 3 or 4 days after Easter with my dad

jchief 03-23-2010 04:27 PM

me too
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 130686)
ill be up there for 3 or 4 days after Easter with my dad

Me and the wife until Tues or Wed after Easter

My camp is at Buckeye, by Big Bass

Micah 03-23-2010 04:28 PM

Do yall know how far Pirates Cove is from Big Bass?

jchief 03-23-2010 04:36 PM

I believe by boat about 8 miles and about 12 by vehicle

Micah 03-23-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 130721)
I believe by boat about 8 miles and about 12 by vehicle

Thanks dood!!!

Thats what i wanted to hear

Hebert 03-23-2010 06:25 PM

i'll be staying at the ft. polk recreation site...don't know where it is never been to toledo bend.. lol

yak'em-n-stack'em 03-23-2010 07:11 PM

the ft polk st is about half way down the lake

jchief we are at peg leg

Salty 03-23-2010 07:40 PM

Is Toledo Bend as big as Big Lake?

huntin fool 03-23-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 130778)
Is Toledo Bend as big as Big Lake?

bigger

Salty 03-23-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 130779)
bigger

:eek:

jchief 03-23-2010 08:16 PM

south
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebert (Post 130752)
i'll be staying at the ft. polk recreation site...don't know where it is never been to toledo bend.. lol

it is just south of Pirates cove

whunter29 03-23-2010 08:24 PM

I will let everyone know how I do as I am planning on fishing the south end of the lake. I was just wondering if there would be any members up there that I could get together with and maybe drink a beer. I will be staying at south toledo bend state park in the campground.

whunter29 03-23-2010 08:26 PM

Jchief I just got over that stomach virus and it sucks bad.

Montauk17 03-23-2010 08:28 PM

I am planing on making a trip over there this weekend,around kites landing area.

Hebert 03-23-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 130803)
it is just south of Pirates cove

thanks..i called and got my reservations awhile ago...i'll be there monday thru thursday....can't wait..i'm all pumped up now :bounce:

we mostly going after white perch and catfish though..i don't like bass fishin.....any good areas to fish around pirates cove or the ft.polk site?

yak'em-n-stack'em 03-23-2010 10:06 PM

yea, the island south of pirates cove somtimes hold some perch, just go find a tree with ***** geese on it, or a beaver dam

goldenrod 03-24-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 130828)
I am planing on making a trip over there this weekend,around kites landing area.

my father in law has a camp at kites we normally kill the bream and sacs there.

jchief 03-24-2010 09:10 PM

Cove
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebert (Post 130898)
thanks..i called and got my reservations awhile ago...i'll be there monday thru thursday....can't wait..i'm all pumped up now :bounce:

we mostly going after white perch and catfish though..i don't like bass fishin.....any good areas to fish around pirates cove or the ft.polk site?

Fish the cove the camp ground is in. It normally holds sacalait. The last pocket on the north side before you get in the lake is good. Killed them the last 2 years in it. Also go north to the back of the main cove can be good.

jchief 03-24-2010 09:12 PM

Ok
 
Leaving tomorrow after work for Friday and Saturday fishing then going back next Thur until the Wed after Easter. Mainly for sacalit during Easter.

will post up what I do Sunday or Monday

cabwiz2 03-24-2010 10:43 PM

I will be off of the 1215 from thurs to monday next wekend.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted