SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   meat hauler secret weapon (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9402)

LaAngler 04-12-2010 12:24 AM

meat hauler secret weapon
 
1 Attachment(s)
pretty sure i could wipe out the trout population with these...

glow baby glow :cool:

"W" 04-12-2010 06:24 AM

Please stay out of my tackle box

Garfish 04-12-2010 07:56 AM

Nothin' like "Old Reliable" for those troutsies!
Don't get me wrong, I really like a lot of the newer styles of plastics but, I always seem to have to put one on my line and they still produce.

BMTAngler 04-12-2010 08:21 AM

Ive heard they work wonders, I could give them a try once lol what are they like .88 a bag?

Specks-n-Spots 04-12-2010 12:55 PM

thats actually what ive been hittem on in the lake, lol them secret weapons randomly smoke trout

LaAngler 04-12-2010 01:01 PM

put one of these babys on some light line, a small fluoro leader, 1/8 oz jig

and go to town, sometimes a pop'n cork.....wooo hooooo

Garfish 04-12-2010 02:38 PM

They work well @ night also, esp that color.
That's fo sho.

specktator 04-12-2010 03:19 PM

That's all my dad used to throw when I was a kid!

LaAngler 04-12-2010 03:23 PM

i remember when dad and i would go speck fishing i had two choices...

he'd say, "well boy do you want to throw a grub or a spoon?" :rotfl:


(the spoon was a Mr. Champ with the yellow tail)

specktator 04-12-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 138936)
i remember when dad and i would go speck fishing i had two choices...

he'd say, "well boy do you want to throw a grub or a spoon?" :rotfl:


(the spoon was a Mr. Champ with the yellow tail)

Haha I had the same 2 options.
And if I was bass fishing he was throwing a green one with 2 black stripes on a beetle spin!

SULPHITE 04-12-2010 03:36 PM

I saltwater fished with my grandfather and my choice was this:

Johson sprite with red plastic trailer thing on the hook or a tout (spelling?) grub!!!

Thats pretty much all I knew! And we caught too!

all star rod 04-12-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 138852)
put one of these babys on some light line, a small fluoro leader, 1/8 oz jig

and go to town, sometimes a pop'n cork.....wooo hooooo


A few weeks ago my uncle and his buddy went to BL and they somked them just as you mentioned above......excluding the cork...

Reel Bender 04-12-2010 06:36 PM

in clear works good also.

Garfish 04-13-2010 07:49 AM

Sparkle Beetle double rigged, yellow and white speck rig, or Mr. Champ. If they didn't hit that, then it was time to go back to the camp and catch a buzz.

I just bought some more Mr. Champs in silver. They still work, too. They'll catch just about anything and cast a mile.

eman 04-13-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfish (Post 139197)
Sparkle Beetle double rigged, yellow and white speck rig, or Mr. Champ. If they didn't hit that, then it was time to go back to the camp and catch a buzz.

I just bought some more Mr. Champs in silver. They still work, too. They'll catch just about anything and cast a mile.

Hey Gar,
Ya remember, Hey , Time changes tonight. That gives us one more hour to drink! ( said by one of us sitting at the table at the camp about an hour before daylight and time to surf fish).
And the wall of shame !

Garfish 04-14-2010 08:27 AM

Damn E man,
Those Sparkle Beetles are the Grand Isle "Secret Weapon". If we wouldn't have drank so much the night before, we wouldn't have missed so many fish when they hit. Sloooowwwww reaction time. LOL

Hard to forget the "Wall of Shame" at the camp. Those pics would blow some people's minds if they saw the damage we put on the fish population down there and most of it w/o a boat. I think just about every person that ever stayed there had at least one picture up there. It was like a 'rite of passage' to be put up on the "Wall"
I still have dreams about that place all the time. I miss the hell out of it.

Opinions_Vary 04-30-2010 02:44 PM

Kind of like Black and Chart. Tube jig for Sac au Lait growing up, all my dad kept in the boat.

LPfishnTIM 05-01-2010 11:25 PM

h&h there beetle spins and old spinner baits are the best things they make, I like the saltwater assassins plastics more the H&H isn't soft enough, not enough action, I like the doa bull minnows too

trophytroutman 05-01-2010 11:26 PM

my grand father and dad kept a big supply of the yellow amd white spec rigs.thats all i used growing up.i like tandem rigging the sparkle beetles.

eman 05-02-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trophytroutman (Post 146714)
my grand father and dad kept a big supply of the yellow amd white spec rigs.thats all i used growing up.i like tandem rigging the sparkle beetles.

And they still catch fish just as good as they did back then

Sea-Trac Offshore 05-02-2010 10:46 AM

I used to wade fish in Lake Pontch right by Williams boat launch right out of high school. All I needed was chart sparkle beetles and tequila sunrise worms and a school bag. Walk and throw double rigs for trout and reds and turn towards the shore for bass on worms. Those beetles did alot of meat hauling for sure!

Garfish 05-03-2010 08:59 AM

It's gettin that time again to rig up some Sparkle Beetle "doubles" and start chunkin' em in the Surf!!!
Come on Summer!!!

eman 05-03-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfish (Post 147227)
It's gettin that time again to rig up some Sparkle Beetle "doubles" and start chunkin' em in the Surf!!!
Come on Summer!!!

I bet the fish are back on campside allready or will be in the next 2 weeks.

meaux fishing 05-03-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 147583)
I bet the fish are back on campside allready or will be in the next 2 weeks.

ill be there may 14th-21st...im pumped up about it...just no east winds and ill be good

Garfish 05-04-2010 07:58 AM

Eman,
Bay ought to be kickin about this time. Oyster reefs are probly producing as well. I think little bro may give it a shot soon. I'll give you a report if he goes down. I know he'll be there in early June also.
Transition is almost over and it'll settle in for Summer pattern. Let the oil stay away!!

longsidelandry 05-04-2010 08:14 AM

I'll be at the Grand Isle June 3-6. I hope the oil stays far far away.

Dink 05-04-2010 09:35 AM

My old man went over the weekend...............he caught one hardhead all weekend..........Wind was a beast.........big waste of time.....

eman 05-04-2010 05:08 PM

DUHHH
 
Now you told him that b4 he went.
Hope he had a good time anyway.

LPfishnTIM 05-04-2010 05:24 PM

I do like the yellow and orange speck double speck rigs, sometimes I use them to catch catfish with, I'll add shrimp to the hooks or cut mullet.

trophytroutman 05-04-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 146753)
And they still catch fish just as good as they did back then

yes they do.got a stock pile of them speck rigs.

Garfish 05-05-2010 07:27 AM

Eman,
I talked to your bro yesterday and he told me him and his boy are going to check out Elmer's Island this weekend. He said he'll fish the bays and reefs if he brings his boat; if not he'll be wading.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted