SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Start of the 2nd split (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67963)

Dogface 01-05-2018 08:04 PM

Hunted our lease on the east side of pecan is. 4 teal, saw very few.

meaux fishing 01-05-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 830889)
Went this AM. Didn't fire a shot. I know one $10,000 spot that will be available next year.



You need to be heading up to Oklahoma now!!

dwr353 01-05-2018 10:34 PM

I hunted my blind at Pecan Island this morning. I missed one BW teal. Has not been hunted in a week. I picked up my decoys and boat and will not return this season unless a major change occurs. That makes 2 teal in 3 hunts. After a week of hard freezes, no birds. I am at a complete and total loss as to why.

all star rod 01-06-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-TOP (Post 830886)
Heard limits going back down to 3. A lot of those $5000-$10000 duck blinds will be empty if that happens.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would limits go back down to 3?? The yearly overall count has been over the long term AVG for years.

Reefman 01-06-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 830918)
Why would limits go back down to 3?? The yearly overall count has been over the long term AVG for years.


Not here! I've hunted when we had that 3 duck limit. Saw far more birds back then as compared to today. We just don't have the ducks down here anymore. Somehow we need to re-establish historical migration patterns in order to have more ducks. We have less ducks, specks and snows in our marshes and rice fields than ever before.
I just hope its not too late for LA to regain what was once ours.

all star rod 01-06-2018 01:37 PM

7 teal in PI this morning. There were not a lot of ducks flying.

Thurs afternoon SW Kaplan 2 SPECS, 4 teal and 2 hollywoods..

specktator 01-06-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 830902)
You need to be heading up to Oklahoma now!!



I?m so fed up with duck hunting right now, I?m scared to go. If I went up there and didn?t smash them I would probably sell all my stuff and give it up!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishdok 01-06-2018 04:29 PM

The 3 Duck limit wouldn’t matter. Can’t get 1 a person much less 3. Total bs they gonna leave it 6. Numbers good they just not in La.

ckinchen 01-06-2018 05:36 PM

Hunted this morning until 10:30 shot two ducks. Almost no birds left on my lease in johnson bayou

Dogface 01-06-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishdok (Post 830930)
The 3 Duck limit wouldn?t matter. Can?t get 1 a person much less 3. Total bs they gonna leave it 6. Numbers good they just not in La.

If you believe the state duck count then they ARE in Louisiana. If they are here then the hunting pressure has them rafted up in the reserves/preserves and big bodies of water where they feel safe. Years ago Phil Robertson said something to the effect that if we don?t allow lottery or youth hunts on reserves/preserves 3 days per week we will ruin our hunting. Looks like he was right. I think 75% of our problem is hunting pressure.

Bluechip 01-06-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 830933)
If you believe the state duck count then they ARE in Louisiana. If they are here then the hunting pressure has them rafted up in the reserves/preserves and big bodies of water where they feel safe. Years ago Phil Robertson said something to the effect that if we don?t allow lottery or youth hunts on reserves/preserves 3 days per week we will ruin our hunting. Looks like he was right. I think 75% of our problem is hunting pressure.

Phil has a thousand acres flooded. I wonder if he practices what he preaches and only hunts 3 days a wee

Dogface 01-06-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 830934)
Phil has a thousand acres flooded. I wonder if he practices what he preaches and only hunts 3 days a wee

I can’t answer that question but 1,000 acres is a drop in the bucket compared to what the state has that cannot be hunted. And Phil was saying to hunt the areas that have no hunting now to move the birds around. I think you misunderstood. He was advocating hunting in what are now no hunting areas.

ckinchen 01-06-2018 07:19 PM

Agree dogface

Bluechip 01-06-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 830935)
I can?t answer that question but 1,000 acres is a drop in the bucket compared to what the state has that cannot be hunted. And Phil was saying to hunt the areas that have no hunting now to move the birds around. I think you misunderstood. He was advocating hunting in what are now no hunting areas.

My bad..... yes, I agree.

Dogface 01-06-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechip (Post 830940)
my bad..... Yes, i agree.

👍👍👍

Matt G 01-06-2018 11:01 PM

I made an afternoon trip today and only saw a 15 - 20 ducks total. I think I’m done for the season. It’s not worth my time and gas to go look at an empty sky.

ckinchen 01-07-2018 10:46 AM

Didn't fire a shot this morning in johnson bayou

all star rod 01-07-2018 08:36 PM

I had a pretty good hunt SW Kaplan...12 ducks and 3 geese.

My PI lease - 2 ducks this morning.

Top Dawg 01-07-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 830935)
I can?t answer that question but 1,000 acres is a drop in the bucket compared to what the state has that cannot be hunted. And Phil was saying to hunt the areas that have no hunting now to move the birds around. I think you misunderstood. He was advocating hunting in what are now no hunting areas.

Heck Yea. Might as well run em out the state completely. If anyone can hold blame of the state of the duck hunting here in LA its Phil and his duck dynasty crew.

tucan 01-08-2018 08:08 AM

Phil Robertson and duck Dynasty?
 
If you think Duck TV, all of it in general, has hurt Louisiana hunting you are dreaming. DU has had way more impact on the northern states getting into the duck hunting business. I do not hold any one thing responsible for what we have had to our hunting in Louisiana. But I darn well can blame that hunting ducks in general has lead to its own demise in Louisiana. This is a great sport to build friendships and family together. It was just a matter of time before others got into it. I can say that hunting pressure is number one, no till farming, and legalized baiting is whats hurting the most. It will never return to how it use to be in Louisiana, this is one part of life that will never repeat itself in my opinion.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted