SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Prayers for Vegas (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67692)

Andy C 10-02-2017 05:16 PM

Prayers for Vegas

What would cause somebody to do that????

bjhooper82 10-02-2017 07:10 PM

No clue but there's not one good reason or acceptable excuse to murder innocent people that way. The only way I could take a life is if my family's life is threatened or my own. These mass murderers keep getting worse and worse and sadly the gun and gun laws will be what most people blame.

cajun bill 10-02-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhooper82 (Post 826985)
No clue but there's not one good reason or acceptable excuse to murder innocent people that way. The only way I could take a life is if my family's life is threatened or my own. These mass murderers keep getting worse and worse and sadly the gun and gun laws will be what most people blame.

Yep, the dems are already crying "Wolf". Hillary hit the airwaves about 8 hours after the tragedy was aired and a heartless CBS exec was fired because of her stupid comments. Wait until tomorrow, that's when Lizzy Warren and Diane Fienstein will weight in.

Pat Babaz 10-03-2017 09:32 AM

This is so very sad. There is so much evil in the world and its getting worse everyday. Whats really sad is I don't see any way you can prevent it from happening again. Why do people do this??

jpeff31787 10-04-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Babaz (Post 827006)
This is so very sad. There is so much evil in the world and its getting worse everyday. Whats really sad is I don't see any way you can prevent it from happening again. Why do people do this??

nope... makes you start wondering if there are some type of gun laws that could possibly help... I would say that its way too late for that though.

bjhooper82 10-04-2017 09:21 AM

While agree something needs to be done, more laws aren't going to solve anything. Laws don't prevent criminals from doing the things they do, they only prevent the honest people from breaking the law.

Feesherman 10-04-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 827040)
nope... makes you start wondering if there are some type of gun laws that could possibly help... I would say that its way too late for that though.

Name one! While you're at it, name one law that a criminal that plans on killing himself is going to follow. Let's not forget that shooting people is against the law.

Andy C 10-04-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 827048)
Name one! While you're at it, name one law that a criminal that plans on killing himself is going to follow. Let's not forget that shooting people is against the law.

This!!!

How many y'all have more than one gun, how many of y'all have more than 10 guns, how many of y'all have semi-automatic rifles and a 20 or 30 round clip, how many of y'all have illegally modified them guns or bought guns illegally???
How many of you have Tannerite sitting in your house quote on quote by the news explosives? It's not a gun problem it's a mental health and decency to other human being problem!! respect is courtesy. This was a terrible tragedy that even if you would have been armed at the event but not of helped, you cannot stop sick people look at Ted Bundy, Manson, the zodiac.... And on and on... They will find a way and they're sick Minds to harm people.

Feesherman 10-04-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy C (Post 827054)
This!!!

How many y'all have more than one.

I don't have any guns, not a single 1, none, nadda, zip, and zilch.

Andy C 10-04-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 827055)
I don't have any guns, not a single 1, none, nadda, zip, and zilch.

Hum I guess I am wrong, there's always one or two!!
So what is your answer to this?? Disarm the whole country?( If you know anything about history that worked out real good 4 most countries that tried it!! )
Or arm the country with more guns?

I agree there is no stopping these people guns or no guns sick people are going to find a way to hurt innocent people!!

Feesherman 10-04-2017 02:14 PM

More guns, many many more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Andy C 10-04-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 827057)
More guns, many many more.

You better go get you a couple!! Don't forget the ammo that goes with it, or the training and respect, that goes along with owning a firearm!!

Feesherman 10-04-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy C (Post 827058)
You better go get you a couple!! Don't forget the ammo that goes with it, or the training and respect, that goes along with owning a firearm!!

Nope no way, not me, no guns for me no sir. When they come looking to take ya'lls guns remind them that I have none.

bjhooper82 10-04-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 827059)
Nope no way, not me, no guns for me no sir. When they come looking to take ya'lls guns remind them that I have none.

Lol. Same here, no guns in this house!

Andy C 10-04-2017 04:03 PM

I find that hard to believe. But to each their own!! I am a proud gun owner and I'm not going to be ashamed that I have 50 or 60 in my gun safe. But I've never done anything illegal with any of them nor will I ever!; Passing them along kids and grandkids! But I have taught them to respect firearms and understand the responsibilities of owning one!!!

Dogface 10-04-2017 04:16 PM

What makes anyone think that the criminals will follow the new gun laws anymore than they follow any laws? Criminals and evil people will find ways to do evil things. All more strict gun laws will do is hurt the honest law abiding citizens. Most of the shootings are done by felons who (by law) cannot possess a gun now. There is no way to keep guns out of the hands of these bad guys.

Feesherman 10-04-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 827067)
What makes anyone think that the criminals will follow the new gun laws anymore than they follow any laws? Criminals and evil people will find ways to do evil things. All more strict gun laws will do is hurt the honest law abiding citizens. Most of the shootings are done by felons who (by law) cannot possess a gun now. There is no way to keep guns out of the hands of these bad guys.

Not to mention shooting people is illegal

gckid 10-04-2017 07:18 PM

Ted Macvey Van full of fertilizer. Killed how many. Guns aren't the problem. Lack of feelings and respect towards others, mental illness.

cajun bill 10-04-2017 09:02 PM

dat's me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhooper82 (Post 827061)
Lol. Same here, no guns in this house!

DITTO!!! In the immortal words of Sgt. Schultz: I KNOW NOTHING.

Just be sure you knock before you enter my abode, you could get shot.

cgoods17 10-05-2017 09:04 AM

yall actually think they gonna go house to house taking guns?